-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western U - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013
Started by JamesLMT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!
Will be there 9/24! So excited! This is my top DO choice!!!
congrad... when was your app complete?
I am hating life now. it seems like you've been getting some interview invites left and right
INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!
Will be there 9/24! So excited! This is my top DO choice!!!
Congrats dude! I hope it goes great for you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Six interviews? That's great! Congratulations!
I'm also waiting to hear from Western. It's my top DO choice. I already have a scheduled interview in CA in October, so it would be nice if they send me an invitation some time around then, so that I don't have to fly back. Though, I think this is the only school I'd be willing to fly back to interview.
![]()
INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!!!
Will be there 9/24! So excited! This is my top DO choice!!!
Did you try to schedule it for October like you wanted, or did you just take what they offered without question. The admissions counselors are really nice. They would probably work with you on rescheduling.
dsoz
Did you try to schedule it for October like you wanted, or did you just take what they offered without question. The admissions counselors are really nice. They would probably work with you on rescheduling.
dsoz
Funny story. I was so excited to have received the phone call that I picked an early date with the intent of using rolling admissions in my favor (hopefully). After I hung up and added it to my schedule, I realized my error.
Frankly, I'd rather have this early date and have the AdComs go over my app early rather than wait until October. I really want to go to this school!
congrad... when was your app complete?
I am hating life now. it seems like you've been getting some interview invites left and right
Thanks!!!
Secondary received 7/3/12
Secondary submitted 7/5/12
Marked Complete 7/19/12
Interview invite 8/22/12
Hope that helps!
Random, but nevertheless interesting question in my opinion.
How many of you with interview invites took advantage of the AACOMAS grade replacement? How many retakes did you have? 👍
None here
Interview invite this afternoon via phone call!
Scheduled for 9/24!
Stats:
cGPA: 3.49
sGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 29O
Complete: 7/18
Scheduled for 9/24!
Stats:
cGPA: 3.49
sGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 29O
Complete: 7/18
Dang I had no clue that they did this until now, I have 2 freshman class retakes and my 3.67 AMCAS GPA is really a 3.8 AACOMAS GPA. No wonder Interview Invites are going well. I flunked out freshman year so this is awesome!Random, but nevertheless interesting question in my opinion.
How many of you with interview invites took advantage of the AACOMAS grade replacement? How many retakes did you have? 👍
Thanks!!!
Secondary received 7/3/12
Secondary submitted 7/5/12
Marked Complete 7/19/12
Interview invite 8/22/12
Hope that helps!
Interview invite this afternoon via phone call!
Scheduled for 9/24!
Stats:
cGPA: 3.49
sGPA: 3.4
MCAT: 29O
Complete: 7/18
Congrats guys! Looks like I have another couple of weeks before I hear anything. That is, if they give me an interview



II this morning! Oct. 4 stats 3.7/3.96 26R
Anyone have advice for the interview? How does the MMI work? I'm so nervous...
Take a deep breath and have fun 🙂
Good luck to everyone this application season! 🙂
II this morning! Oct. 4 stats 3.7/3.96 26R
Congrats! Were you also complete mid July-ish?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Were you also complete mid July-ish?
Thanks! Yes mid July sounds right.
Who's going to the Preview Day tomorrow? Coz I am!!! 🙂
Who's going to the Preview Day tomorrow? Coz I am!!! 🙂
would that possibly help with getting into the school? if so then i am or else, i've already been there too many times
Who's going to the Preview Day tomorrow? Coz I am!!! 🙂
A few of us will be there tomorrow. I've been before, but I wanted to go again now that I have an interview. I think, with the new mindset, I'll be able to pick up on different things when they discuss them.
Let us know how it is! I live so far away it isn't feasible to go. I do want to get a feel for what its like before my interview though!
Who's going to the Preview Day tomorrow? Coz I am!!! 🙂
I am! I'll be wearing a navy blue dress/nude heels so if you/other SDNers see me, say hi! It'll be nice to meet some other prospectives.
So stoked for tomorrow!
I am! I'll be wearing a navy blue dress/nude heels so if you/other SDNers see me, say hi! It'll be nice to meet some other prospectives.
So stoked for tomorrow!
Will try to spot you there then. I am going to wear a white striped shirt and black pants. See y'all there!
Will try to spot you there then. I am going to wear a white striped shirt and black pants. See y'all there!
Is the dress code for these kinds of events business casual? I was just going to wear jeans, but now I guess I'll have to pump up the fancy a little bit.
Is the dress code for these kinds of events business casual? I was just going to wear jeans, but now I guess I'll have to pump up the fancy a little bit.
I'd go business casual
Is anyone flying in OOS and exploring Cali a little after the interview...I am from Canada so I will DEFINITELY make the most of this. Staying till Monday - beaches and bars Saturday and Sunday. Anyone else lol
What day are you interviewing? I'm there on the 8th
What day are you interviewing? I'm there on the 8th
same
What day are you interviewing? I'm there on the 8th
same
Me too! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know how they deal with the AACOMAS fee waiver? The instructions say to email them for a refund on the application. Does that mean we need to charge it to our credit card first and then email them? Thanks!
Yes, you have to pay it first then email [email protected] and they will refund it in 5-7 business days.Does anybody know how they deal with the AACOMAS fee waiver? The instructions say to email them for a refund on the application. Does that mean we need to charge it to our credit card first and then email them? Thanks!
It's nice to meet NekoBeats and ModernAlchemist at the Preview Day today! Hope we get in WesternU!!! 🙂
It's nice to meet NekoBeats and ModernAlchemist at the Preview Day today! Hope we get in WesternU!!! 🙂
oh yeah, how was the preview day?
so bummed that I couldn't make it to the preview day. had been looking forward to it🙁
We missed you! We had an SDN post-preview day lunch hangout. Hopefully, we'll meet sometime during this interview season.
It's nice to meet NekoBeats and ModernAlchemist at the Preview Day today! Hope we get in WesternU!!! 🙂
It was great meeting you too! I'm crossing my fingers for you, my friend.
It's nice to meet NekoBeats and ModernAlchemist at the Preview Day today! Hope we get in WesternU!!! 🙂
It was nice meeting you too 😀
oh yeah, how was the preview day?
Awesome. Kind of want to go here a lot more now... I am so jealous of all the people that have interviews!!
It was nice meeting you too 😀
Awesome. Kind of want to go here a lot more now... I am so jealous of all the people that have interviews!!
what was so awesome about it?
I think I am going to push my interview back to October 4th. This way I will know if I am accepted to MSU and LMU beforehand and can decide of whether or not I want to still attend the interview.
That's a smart way of going about it!
what was so awesome about it?
I'll give you a rundown of what we did:
- Went over the pre-clinical curriculum for years 1 & 2 and then the clinical rotation curriculum for years 3 & 4
- One of the DO's did an OMM demo on some prospectives that were brave enough to volunteer. That was interesting/entertaining

- A recruiter went over the application process, class statistics, and answered our questions
- They had a panel of 5 second year students to answer a ton of our questions
- Split off into tour groups, ask our second year tour guides more questions
The campus was much nicer than I thought, with good facilities. Also, the students at Western just seem happy to be there. I didn't get the feeling that the environment was cut-throat/competitive, and the students really emphasized the fact that everyone in the class gets along with one another and that they're pretty much like one big family. Personally, I feel like this would be a great environment to go to medical school in, and the people there are definitely those I would want as class mates. There's a ton of other stuff I learned that pretty much bumped Western to the top of my DO list. But yeah, it was awesome!! 😍
That's a smart way of going about it!
I'll give you a rundown of what we did:
- Went over the pre-clinical curriculum for years 1 & 2 and then the clinical rotation curriculum for years 3 & 4
- One of the DO's did an OMM demo on some prospectives that were brave enough to volunteer. That was interesting/entertaining
- A recruiter went over the application process, class statistics, and answered our questions
- They had a panel of 5 second year students to answer a ton of our questions
- Split off into tour groups, ask our second year tour guides more questions
The campus was much nicer than I thought, with good facilities. Also, the students at Western just seem happy to be there. I didn't get the feeling that the environment was cut-throat/competitive, and the students really emphasized the fact that everyone in the class gets along with one another and that they're pretty much like one big family. Personally, I feel like this would be a great environment to go to medical school in, and the people there are definitely those I would want as class mates. There's a ton of other stuff I learned that pretty much bumped Western to the top of my DO list. But yeah, it was awesome!! 😍
mind sharing these?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mind sharing these?
The entire class profile is available on their website.
mind sharing these?
Sure,
Number of Applications Received: 4386
Number of Interviews Granted: 656
Number of Students Enrolled: 220
Average Overall GPA: 3.53
Average Science GPA: 3.48
Average Non-Science GPA: 3.58
Average MCAT: 28
Admitted Students w/ Bachelors or Graduate Degrees: 100%
So much excited while listening to one of my voice messages that was left by WesternU-Pomona... 😕 
Interview on 9/24, baby!.. 😍
Wish you all good luck guys!

Interview on 9/24, baby!.. 😍
Wish you all good luck guys!
So much excited while listening to one of my voice messages that was left by WesternU-Pomona... 😕
Interview on 9/24, baby!.. 😍
Wish you all good luck guys!
oh man, when were you complete?
oh man, when were you complete?
7/11
Similar threads
- Replies
- 471
- Views
- 145K
- Replies
- 712
- Views
- 236K
- Replies
- 973
- Views
- 212K
- Replies
- 116
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K