Western U - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for replying..

Just curious, what is considered a high state for Western?

Thanks again

The college information book (CIB) is your friend here.
I googled it for you!
http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/2014cib/2014 CIB Complete Small.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Can any current student describe how a typical day/week schedule is like for 1st year students? Much appreciated!!!

Can any current student describe how a typical day/week schedule is like for 1st year students? Much appreciated!!!
So here is a screenshot from our curriculum calendar for this upcoming week.
You'll see we currently have our MCBM class taking up the bulk of our time, with OMM and ECM on monday and tuesday afternoons and a few other classes scattered around.
Hope that helps.
Schedule.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll see we currently have our MCBM class taking up the bulk of our time, with OMM and ECM on monday and tuesday afternoons and a few other classes scattered around.
Hope that helps.
View attachment 25607

Something tells me sleeping in 30 more minutes on Tuesdays is gonna feel awesome.

Reactions: 1 user
Hope that helps.
View attachment 25607

In this particular week, which days/times are you obligated to attend lecture?

Also, I heard from a friend who attended the preview day yesterday that attending lectures is mandatory for second year students, is that correct?

Something tells me sleeping in 30 more minutes on Tuesdays is gonna feel awesome.

Ha ha! Well, the schedule changes week to week, and I don't usually go to lecture so yeah. But those days that start a little later or get out earlier are great!

In this particular week, which days/times are you obligated to attend lecture?

Also, I heard from a friend who attended the preview day yesterday that attending lectures is mandatory for second year students, is that correct?

So the only lectures that are "required" are the Monday and Tuesday afternoon lectures, since they are OMM lab time and ECM patient encounters, and the service learning lecture Friday afternoon.
Again, the schedule is variable for "extra" classes like the service learning one this week, but Monday and Tuesday afternoon is every week both years. Other than that, there are no mandatory lectures for second years or first years.

Reactions: 1 users
Ha ha! Well, the schedule changes week to week, and I don't usually go to lecture so yeah. But those days that start a little later or get out earlier are great!

So the only lectures that are "required" are the Monday and Tuesday afternoon lectures, since they are OMM lab time and ECM patient encounters, and the service learning lecture Friday afternoon.
Again, the schedule is variable for "extra" classes like the service learning one this week, but Monday and Tuesday afternoon is every week both years. Other than that, there are no mandatory lectures for second years or first years.
Thanks for the reply :)