Western U - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

Started by JamesLMT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATS!!! Do they give you an assigned date or do you get to choose?

Thank you! They suggested only one date to me over the phone, but I assume they have more available. I just didn't need other options. It is really soon, though. It's only about 3 weeks away.
 
Thank you! They suggested only one date to me over the phone, but I assume they have more available. I just didn't need other options. It is really soon, though. It's only about 3 weeks away.

just curious, did your portal also has something that says you have an interview to schedule or your interview has been confirmed or something like that?
 
Hey guys I received an II today as well through a phone call. They offered Sept 8th and since I have other interviews they allowed me to interview the next available time which was Oct 4th. I received the secondary on July 3rd, submitted July 4th, complete July 11th and II today. My stats are cGPA 3.67 sGPA 3.76 MCAT 27O. Hope that helps good luck to everyone else!
 
I want an interview here so bad... but my file wont be complete until they get my updated MCAT from AACOMAS. Ahhhh!
 
can someone shed light on the interview process here? They have MMI and traditional 1 to 2 on 1 interviews in the same day? I am a bit confused. Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want an interview here so bad... but my file wont be complete until they get my updated MCAT from AACOMAS. Ahhhh!

Same here...except they are taking forever to upload my LORs. I know that they have had them for more than a week , but they haven't uploaded them. I would save so much $$ if I can just hear some happy news here. So far only getting love from East coast schools. Sigh...will continue to hope for the best.
 
I JUST REALZIED I MISSED THEIR CALL TODAY. THEY LEDT ME A MESSAGE SAYING I NEED TO CALL THEM BACK REGARDING THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION. IM TOO ANXIOUS TO KNOW IF IT WAS AN INTERVIEW INVITE!!! :scared:
 
Interview!!!

So excited to finally have one on the West coast! and on Saturday!

Thanks for posting--I was at work when they called and forgot to check my voicemail when I got home.
 
I JUST REALZIED I MISSED THEIR CALL TODAY. THEY LEDT ME A MESSAGE SAYING I NEED TO CALL THEM BACK REGARDING THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION. IM TOO ANXIOUS TO KNOW IF IT WAS AN INTERVIEW INVITE!!! :scared:

Yes! It's an invite! 🙂 That's what my message said too and when I called back they invited me to interview... SEPT. 8!
 
II this afternoon. I was able to get an October date, the 4th, cause I already have other interviews in September.

Also I took longer than 10 days to turn in the secondary which supposedly would "delay processing" of my file but doesn't appear to have delayed it significantly.

3.6c/3.5s/29S
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Checked my status and it finally says "Application Status: Application Material Received". I hope I get an interview :xf:
 
Anyone have advice for the interview? How does the MMI work? I'm so nervous...

I said this in another thread but it is still valid...

I shadowed a DO that is on the interview committee for the Lebanon campus. He told me that "When, not if, you get an interview, you have already shown that you can be accepted to the school. Now you just need to show that you are acceptable to the school."

I took this to mean that the school where you get your degree is branding you with their name, and forevermore you will represent that school. Do they want YOU to be their representative as long as you practice medicine? Do they want YOU to be in their class for the next four years? Can they stand to be in the room with you, or are you a total (insert choice insult) that they don't want to be around for 15 min, let alone the rest of their career.

MMI should not be a problem. Just act like the person that you are talking to is your good friend or sibling. How would you talk to someone that you know? There is no right answer, but you need to give an answer, and stick with it. Have confidence in yourself, and portray the image of calm and cool. (just don't be a d-bag).

Good luck with your interview! Do well and ROCK IT!

dsoz
 
Was done with this application in early July but didn't get my final letter of rec in until August 10th! So frustrating..but really hoping for an interview later on. Congrats to everyone so far : ) !
 
Got my Phone call today! I.I scheduled for 10/4. 🙂
Pretty excited for this one!

Stats: GPA 3.8, 30Q.

Secondary Received on 7/26, LOR uploaded 8/6.
 
So you were pretty much complete 8/6. They got back to you pretty fast!

Yeah wasnt expecting anything for at least a couple of weeks seeing as most of the SDNers receiving ii's were complete in July. Super excited to head out to California! 🙂

Sent from my ADR6350 using SDN Mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Stats: 3.95cGPA, 3.8sGPA and 28 MCAT. OOS.

I'm glad October was open because September is going to be way too busy for me. I got the phone call yesterday and was offered two dates.