Quantcast

Western University Feb. interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
you have been waiting since Dec. :confused::eek::confused: It sucks! Good Luck.

That does seem a little ridiculous that they would keep you waiting all the way from december. That does not seem right...I would call and find out your status. I was in the March interview and I already heard...they seem to be stringing many along. I think you both should be hearing back before may...at least I would hope so.

PHARMD101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Time to get on the phone to Admissions and ask some questions. It is my knowledge that all final letters were supposed to be sent out last week.

It would be a shame to find out you were sent an acceptance letter and didn't reply be April 20th!

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Time to get on the phone to Admissions and ask some questions. It is my knowledge that all final letters were supposed to be sent out last week.

It would be a shame to find out you were sent an acceptance letter and didn't reply be April 20th!

That is so true. I didn't even think of that. But yes the deadline for the deposit id April 20th!!

airen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That does seem a little ridiculous that they would keep you waiting all the way from december. That does not seem right...I would call and find out your status. I was in the March interview and I already heard...they seem to be stringing many along. I think you both should be hearing back before may...at least I would hope so.

hey pharmgrl, what's your stats?

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey pharmgrl, what's your stats?

Not too great...

GPA:3.11
Science:3.07
B.S. Biology (Anatomy/Physiology)
Work at CVS as Certified Pharmacy Tech

I think I just did well on my interview...I was surprised when I got an interview, and shocked when I got accepted...but very happy!

Did you get in to Western? or are you still waiting? What are your stats?

bobo83

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Western will be sending out more paperwork for those that got accepted? I'm trying to plan out a trip in June but I'm worried that I'd miss the deadline. Has anybody received any housing or financial aid info letters from Western??

For those that haven't heard anything from Western, I know your pain. I was in your place last year...but just be patient, I mean there isn't anything you can do now....it's just a waiting game!

redrose0786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone (other than anh80 and me) who have not heard from western yet after their interview?

Drdreamy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yes, interviewed on Feb 24 th. Gave up for the good news. :mad:

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't give up!!!:) I heard they were sending out status letters no later than friday. So I am thinking you guys should hear back any day now. I would say if you don't hear by tuesday, give them a call. Maybe your letter got lost in the mail. But call before the 20th because that is when the deposit is due. Letter lost or not! Good luck to all!!!:thumbup:

anh80

Going through PharmD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
got my letter....i got waitlisted.....good news:confused:

yup yup...it's not a rejection!!lol :-D

Members don't see this ad :)

redrose0786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i thought so

Its not the same thing. Alt. have better chances of getting in. At my interview they said that if you are still on waitlist by the end of April its hopeless. They go through the alt. list before going to the waitlist and they have never made it to the waitlist in the past. So being Alt is good news:thumbup:

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Makes me feel better about alternate status. Though it would help to know where we were ranked once the list was finalized.

StressedPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to update everyone who is on the alternate list like I am. I was curious to see how we were ranked so I gave them a call. They said that basically everyone has an overall score from their interview and essay and thats how we are ranked. Starting May 1st, they will start pulling people from the alternate list because as of now, they are receiving calls from accepted students that want to withdraw. So stay positive guys!! I know I'm trying to be :)

redrose0786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't received anything. I gave them a call today and found out that they had the wrong address. They won't give me my status over phone or e-mail me so now I just have to wait for the letter. Hopefully my wait is not too long and I will be rewarded for my patience with some good news. :luck:

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't received anything. I gave them a call today and found out that they had the wrong address. They won't give me my status over phone or e-mail me so now I just have to wait for the letter. Hopefully my wait is not too long and I will be rewarded for my patience with some good news. :luck:

I hope so....good luck...were they going to send out your letter today?

anh80

Going through PharmD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cool...so being an alt is good news after all..:D :D

i thought my interview went very bad b/c of my experience at touro. Touro said i was too dominating during my interview, which caused me to shy away during my western interview... darn!:mad:

PHARMD101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow! Powerful info for the brain - a great anti-depressant piece of news - Thanks for your input on alternate status operations - every bit helps.
Keep up the good work folks! Good news is always welcome around here.:) :thumbup:

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow! Powerful info for the brain - a great anti-depressant piece of news - Thanks for your input on alternate status operations - every bit helps.
Keep up the good work folks! Good news is always welcome around here.:) :thumbup:

brilliant terms! XD
i thought there's really a news out there about new anti-depressant drug, but, finally, i realized the anti-depressant referred to the good news here :laugh:

pcmanla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi.. guys...
i am not familiar with loan program.. In order to get loan for tuition, do i have to submit any application except FAFSA application?
if anyone of you know well, please let me know in detail... thank you ^^

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi.. guys...
i am not familiar with loan program.. In order to get loan for tuition, do i have to submit any application except FAFSA application?
if anyone of you know well, please let me know in detail... thank you ^^

Western guy said FAFSA alone is fine.
Other schools vary. USC wants student tax forms, parent tax forms, FAFSA, plus supplemental.

zilko

Curmudgeon
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not to hold out too much hope but the Western site says that they sent out 203 acceptance letters last year, for 120 seats. To me, that says that they had to send 83 letters beyond the primary acceptance letters.

I'm on the Alt list as well. The waiting sucks (7 more days, at least).
P-)

pcmanla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
do we have face book account for 2011 class? if it does, how can i join in?

anh80

Going through PharmD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not to hold out too much hope but the Western site says that they sent out 203 acceptance letters last year, for 120 seats. To me, that says that they had to send 83 letters beyond the primary acceptance letters.

I'm on the Alt list as well. The waiting sucks (7 more days, at least).
P-)

i thought so too. i dont know where the others get their info/number of 36. anyways, where was ur letter printeD?

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone from the feb or march interview group that got accepted received their packet of information about immunization and other info?

pcmanla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone from the feb or march interview group that got accepted received their packet of information about immunization and other info?
i am not from feb, or March interview group, but i can give you some information.. you don't get packet of immunization by mail. Western U will send you a letter that they confirm your deposit and give western website address for admitted ones. you and your physician need to fill out papers about immunization and physical examination then send back to Western U. that's all i have done so far.
i don't get financial information yet..

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am not from feb, or March interview group, but i can give you some information.. you don't get packet of immunization by mail. Western U will send you a letter that they confirm your deposit and give western website address for admitted ones. you and your physician need to fill out papers about immunization and physical examination then send back to Western U. that's all i have done so far.
i don't get financial information yet..

Thanks for the info....I think I should be getting the deposit acceptance letter this week.

derrickd5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm still waiting on my deposit acceptance letter and their packet of information. Waiting on financial aid information also.

I made the deposit the day after i received their acceptance email too.

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm still waiting on my deposit acceptance letter and their packet of information. Waiting on financial aid information also.

I called the financial aid office today and they said we should be receiving award letters in our western email accounts in the next few weeks. I also called admissions and she said the packets will be sent out by the end of next week. I hope that helps.

PHARMD101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone attending the Pre-Health Conference @ Western U on Saturday April 28th - Did you all get an email regarding this event in early April?

I will be there! How many of you will make it?:D :)

derrickd5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called the financial aid office today and they said we should be receiving award letters in our western email accounts in the next few weeks. I also called admissions and she said the packets will be sent out by the end of next week. I hope that helps.

thanks

reyes134

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many are on the alternate list? Did they actually send out rejection letters after the interview? Or is everyone just put on the alternate list if they are not initially accepted?

anh80

Going through PharmD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many are on the alternate list? Did they actually send out rejection letters after the interview? Or is everyone just put on the alternate list if they are not initially accepted?

good question. haven't heard anyone got rejected yet, but according to someone up top said last year they sent out 100 alternative letters.

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
good question. haven't heard anyone got rejected yet, but according to someone up top said last year they sent out 100 alternative letters.

Pretty much from what I have heard, an alternate letter is a good thing...being on hold is not. They had about 100 alternates last year and ended up taking 36-39 of those (I can't remember exactly). But alternates can be accepted all the way into the 2nd week of school.

pharmgrl14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

I got my acceptance of deposit letter today. It gave me the info to print out the immunization info.

derrickd5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
yea i just got mine today too. I'll print out the stuff later. Just got home from another day at dam CVS

goofyprincess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was part of the feb 24 interview group. I received an alternate letter. I recently got accepted into touro university. Do you guys know the chances of gettin into western with an alternate status? I don't want to deposit $2,000 at touro and end up getting into western and withdrawing my application and losing $2,000 deposite!

anh80

Going through PharmD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was part of the feb 24 interview group. I received an alternate letter. I recently got accepted into touro university. Do you guys know the chances of gettin into western with an alternate status? I don't want to deposit $2,000 at touro and end up getting into western and withdrawing my application and losing $2,000 deposite!

depense on how many withdraw. if u got into another university(touro), then give others a chance to get in too. there are many of us who wish we were in ur shoes right now. some of us are still waiting and waiting for just 1 acceptance. sad, but very true.