Western University in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yayyy i got an interview invite for feb 27 too!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! when did you get your letter of evaluation?

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview date was on 1/30, and I'm still waiting for their response. It's been three weeks, I'm getting restless.

Congrats! when did you get your letter of evaluation?

Thanks! I got the letter of evaluation on Jan 27.. the reason why I got it so late was because my application was placed on hold until then for incomplete prerequisites. I didn't receive a lack letter so this came as an unpleasant surprise when I called the Admissions Office to check up on my status. After I found the classes I needed to take, I updated my application with one of the counselors and then received my letter of evaluation from her through email.

My interview date was on 1/30, and I'm still waiting for their response. It's been three weeks, I'm getting restless.

My interview date was 1/30 too, and I finally got some kind of response from them today in the mail. I'm on hold until further notice. :(

Im still waiting for feb interview. do they call for an interview this week?

i just received an invitation through email today, but i have to call them back 5pm tomorrow. for those of u that went to the interview already, how was it? what kind of questions does the school ask? any tips on how i can do well..i went to my ucsf one last week and i did horrible. so i hope to be well prepared for this one. thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
I meant 9:30am. :) so I guess I'll be there at 8:30Am then. I'll see u there. art23

i handed my supp in mid october and have yet to hear from them as well...

Oh god, I called them and they said they were gonna mail me something. It can only mean one thing........sigh sob

im nervous. I hope to receive a call today or tomorrow...

Does anyone knows how many interview/s they have left?

And has all the seat fills up? Thanks

This has been answered several times, there are still 2 left. The one coming up this Saturday and another one in March. Please go on WesternU web to check it out.

Does anyone know if every interview session gets a different essay question? or are they the same for all 4 interview sessions?

Does anyone know if every interview session gets a different essay question? or are they the same for all 4 interview sessions?

good question..also what are the essay topic like ? how long? any info will help... thank you :thumbup:

I interviewed in Dec and got placed on hold (not even waitlisted). Does anyone know about the chance of being accepted from hold. Im losing hope for Western now :(

This has been answered several times, there are still 2 left. The one coming up this Saturday and another one in March. Please go on WesternU web to check it out.

Thank you for answering and sorry Sir. Ay Ay Sir will do- off to westernU web.

I interviewed in Dec and got placed on hold (not even waitlisted). Does anyone know about the chance of being accepted from hold. Im losing hope for Western now :(

To be honest, I was waitlisted last year and I didn't end up getting in. I also dont remember seeing any sdn'ers mention getting in off of waitlist status. I would say that a "hold" is not the best sign, but dont let that make you give up hope, you never lose hope.

Imo, just getting the interview is a pretty big deal. If you want some silver lining, I can tell you that they liked your application enough to call you in for an interview. This means your interview might not have gone as well as others. As long as your application doesn't remain stagnant, you have a great shot at getting an interview next year (assuming you dont get in somewhere else and go there this year). Many accepted students have paid their dues so to speak and applied multiple years before they made it, no doubt, with better interview skills each time.

Im sorry if I sound presumptuous about your interview. If it was your first, its only natural to come across nervous and uncomfortable....trust me :p

Western has both a wait list and a hold list?

Western has both a wait list and a hold list?

Right now people who have interviewed but have not been accepted are placed on a hold list.

Only after the last interview, people on hold will be placed on alternative list or a waitlist (this list is for people trying to get on the alternative list).

After much thought, I'm giving up my spot at Western. That means 1 more open spot for everyone!

The essay question is very broad, it is made so that everyone should be able to form an opinion and write their argument. So don't worry! Just remember to answer the question, write complete sentences and produce a nice generic 5 paragraph essay.

For the interview, just be yourself. Nervousness will come naturally, but try to remain calm and imagine that you are going in to talk to your friends about your reasons for pursing pharmacy. The questions are very simple - after all, the interviewers just want to get to know you!

At the interview, be confident. You've come this far, there is a reason why Western chose you to interview. You are just as good as the person next to you. Don't give up! If this is a profession you're certain about, it will happen. Good luck this Saturday!

Thank you so much MvPharm. those answers are really helpful. So your going to USC then...Good luck with everything.. :)

interview format is applicant to 1 faculty and 1 current student, right?

My interview was with 2 faculty members
Thanks for all of your answers.... Im gonna just wait and wait for miracle :xf:

has western sent any rejection letters yet or do they wait until the last minute like USC does?

I believe holds only, which is not a good thing

my interview was on 1/30, and i heard nothing from them still....anyone in the same situation?

I understand that there is 1 interview left. If I do not get invited to this interview, does that mean rejection? Hope the best to everyone...

my interview was on 1/30, and i heard nothing from them still....anyone in the same situation?

Are you sure? check your mail box, if u are on hold, then a mail would be send to u. If you are accepted you will get an email, make sure to check ur spam too

anyone heard anything from western lately? This last interview is also my last hope of getting into this school. Best wish to all of you.

anyone heard anything from western lately? This last interview is also my last hope of getting into this school. Best wish to all of you.

I am on the same boat as you! I sent in my application in Sept and the wait has been killing me. Western is my first choice school.... Well, good luck to you and everyone else who are waiting.

has western sent any rejection letters yet or do they wait until the last minute like USC does?

USC does not wait till the end to reject you... hope that gives you some hope if you are waiting to hear from them.

USC does not wait till the end to reject you... hope that gives you some hope if you are waiting to hear from them.

That is not true... having been rejected from USC last year, I can tell you that they do in fact wait until AFTER the final interview to send out rejection letters to everyone else.

That is not true... having been rejected from USC last year, I can tell you that they do in fact wait until AFTER the final interview to send out rejection letters to everyone else.

Unfortunately, I am speaking on first hand experience. I was rejected from USC last month... :( So, I guess it varies for applicants. In any case, I was just trying to give those who have not heard from USC hope that they still may have a chance for an interview.

Anyhow, I will stop talking about USC... I know this is the western forum.

Last edited:
I've received a 'HOLD' pre-interview letter from Western :(!! What does it mean? Has anybody gotten any rejections from the school?

If they want to reject me, why they sent the 'hold' letter wasting a stamp? Western is (was) my TOP choice! I am so disappointed +pity+

WOW. Completely unexpected.. I got an e-mail today for interview on March 20th! I might go to see if Western has anything USC can't offer! :D

Got interview invite email earlier today... hopefully they dont put me on hold like some of the other schools lol

congrat you guys for getting the interview. I hope western continue to send out the interview invite via email. Best wish to you all. :xf:

I got my interview invite today!! It looks like they are sending out email interview invites instead of phone calls now.