western university L.O.R.'s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanip

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone else had problems getting their L.O.R's to Western U/COMP. i got the secondary and am working on it, but i called today and they said they dont have any of my letters of rec. i find this disturbing considering nova already has the letters, and they were sent 3 weeks ago. the woman at western said it might not have been posted yet, but it seems like a long turnover period. just wondering if anyone else had this problem. im anxious to get my file complete so i can hear about a possible interview.

Members don't see this ad.

vanip said:
i was wondering if anyone else had problems getting their L.O.R's to Western U/COMP. i got the secondary and am working on it, but i called today and they said they dont have any of my letters of rec. i find this disturbing considering nova already has the letters, and they were sent 3 weeks ago. the woman at western said it might not have been posted yet, but it seems like a long turnover period. just wondering if anyone else had this problem. im anxious to get my file complete so i can hear about a possible interview.
I received a "priority interview" which meant the interview was granted before submission of the secondary. The condition was that the secondary, including the letters, be submitted prior to the interview. When I called about a week before the interview they said they could not find one of my science letters, which I then personally took the sealed envelope and mailed overnight. Then, my non-science letter was not being posted. My prof swore he mailed it two-day mail, due to the deadline of the interview date. When I inquired with admissions the day of my interview, they claimed to still have not received it. After I confidently assured them it should be there they grabbed my file. I noticed on the front of the file on the contents inventory that the non-science letter was listed as an extra science letter. I brought this to their attention and after verifying with the actual letter they changed the designation. Who knows how long it would have sat in the pile waiting for that "non-science" letter?
The moral of my story: follow up and be as assertive as you can without being annoying. The staff is very friendly but somewhat disorganized.

good luck.