-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2025
Started by Eragon8192
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LokiBear
Full Member
Congrats!Accepted!!
SleepyOreo
c/o of 2025 hopeful :3
I also got alternate. Mixed emotions rn haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!Accepted!!
Congrats!Accepted!!
LokiBear
Full Member
right, I don't feel as alone and sad lolDang at least we’re all in the same boat
what about you @LokiBear ??were you accepted or alternate?
SleepyOreo
c/o of 2025 hopeful :3
Does anyone know if they number us (alternatives)?
LokiBear
Full Member
I'm an alternate 😢what about you @LokiBear ??
ksch
Full Member
I want to say yes but I don't know for sureDoes anyone know if they number us (alternatives)?
venuspun0712
New Member
IS accepted!!
LokiBear
Full Member
I've heard that they don't put you on a waitlist by number. They look for certain aspects in a candidate to fill that spot. So essentially they liked someone with similar qualities better than me, and if that person declines i'll be offered their spotDoes anyone know if they number us (alternatives)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don’t, they pull of the alternate list based off of who was accepted and declined their offer.Does anyone know if they number us (alternatives)?
dogsrule777
Full Member
Alternate 😢
Roxy333
Full Member
Same!I still haven't gotten an email from them yet lol
Accepted holy ****
But it's not a rejection!! Keep your head up 🙂I'm an alternate 😢
Congratulations!! May I ask why you won't be accepting Western's offer?IS acceptance but I won't be accepting the seat! Just got the email 20 minutes ago. Congrats to those who got accepted 🙂
LokiBear
Full Member
Did you get an email from them?Accepted holy ****
Tbh what I’ve seen from past threads there aren’t a lot of rejections.Did anyone hear of anyone receiving a rejection today?
LokiBear
Full Member
there were a few people that still hadn't received an interview invite, I wonder if they got a rejection posted to their portalTbh what I’ve seen from past threads there aren’t a lot of rejections.
atlanticaccra
Full Member
I know someone who is a third year there who got off the waitlist... so there's hope for us. I just called my boyfriend to let him know :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LokiBear
Full Member
Well the person accepted in my place must be pretty freaking amazing, so she must definitely has multiple acceptances and won't accept their offer jk jk 😂Any 23 year old female from Virginia want to decline their acceptance?! 😂 jk!!!! ... unless...
I know I’m being absolutely ridiculous since they just sent out decisions lol, but I wish there was some way we could find out how many people were accepted and how many people are alternates. Because having no idea of what my position is and what my chances are of getting in is gonna drive me absolutely nuts for the next few months.
It's okay, it's hard. I was actually wait listed my first cycle. It's hard but keep going!Sorry I have to make jokes or I will quite literally burst into tears rn
I feel the same way. This is my third school I'm waitlisted to, so I'm just constantly checking my email and living in the dark. I have no positions for any of them and no idea if I'm going to vet school. It's extremely frustrating.I know I’m being absolutely ridiculous since they just sent out decisions lol, but I wish there was some way we could find out how many people were accepted and how many people are alternates. Because having no idea of what my position is and what my chances are of getting in is gonna drive me absolutely nuts for the next few months.
Do you guys think there’s any chance of the list moving before April 15th or no? Just wondering if you think they’ll wait until then or if people start declining that they’ll start moving the listI feel the same way. This is my third school I'm waitlisted to, so I'm just constantly checking my email and living in the dark. I have no positions for any of them and no idea if I'm going to vet school. It's extremely frustrating.
I have no clue, but wish they would be more transparent.Do you guys think there’s any chance of the list moving before April 15th or no? Just wondering if you think they’ll wait until then or if people start declining that they’ll start moving the list
LokiBear
Full Member
No I feel the same way. I want to email them and ask, but I'm debating if I should wait until I actually get the email from them that my status changed first lolI know I’m being absolutely ridiculous since they just sent out decisions lol, but I wish there was some way we could find out how many people were accepted and how many people are alternates. Because having no idea of what my position is and what my chances are of getting in is gonna drive me absolutely nuts for the next few months.
I have a feeling and based on how many people are saying they are alternates on here, that they accepted A LOT less people because of what happened the last couple of years so they didn't want to be in hot water again.
I feel like they’re gonna wait until the deadline since that’s when they will officially have decisions from everyone they accepted.Do you guys think there’s any chance of the list moving before April 15th or no? Just wondering if you think they’ll wait until then or if people start declining that they’ll start moving the list
atlanticaccra
Full Member
my thoughts exactly.I have a feeling and based on how many people are saying they are alternates on here, that they accepted A LOT less people because of what happened the last couple of years so they didn't want to be in hot water again.
That’s what I keep telling myself to make myself feel better lol. Past years there have been way more acceptances on here than alternates. I know that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s true but still.No I feel the same way. I want to email them and ask, but I'm debating if I should wait until I actually get the email from them that my status changed first lol
I have a feeling and based on how many people are saying they are alternates on here, that they accepted A LOT less people because of what happened the last couple of years so they didn't want to be in hot water again.
Thank you this makes me feel better. Congratulations on your acceptance!I was an alternate last year and just got my acceptance! Keep your chins up, the alternate list moved a lot last year but it is a big list.
nikipatel28
UGA c/o 2025
OOS Accepted! ☀️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Clamwich
Full Member
Omg the agony of forgetting the password so I had to reset it and then creating a new password just to find out I'm also an alternate 😂 I didn't realize the whole over accepting thing happened until just now like DVMdreamcometrue said. I'm assuming BECAUSE of those previous years, they're being extra cautious and would rather put us all in alternate and then slowly let a couple of people in at a time. To be honest when I did the interview and they were talking about how everyone is on the same level now that the interview happened but they didn't have a ranking system to see who would get off the wait-list, I was super confused how they would choose who would he accepted.
LokiBear
Full Member
I accepted my alternate spot 😂Is anyone declining their spot as an alternate?
Hahaha yes SAME (obviously).I accepted my alternate spot 😂
LokiBear
Full Member
i never clicked accept so fast in my lifeHahaha yes SAME (obviously).
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K