-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2025
Started by Eragon8192
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dope thankswww.facebook.com
Someone asked on APVMA so I just went a head and made one 😅 I don't think anyone has yet?
Hopefully admissions will make one for us this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LokiBear
Full Member
same! I wonder if they're going to wait until AprilHey if anyone gets pulled from the waitlist, please let us know! I’m dying to know when that’s gonna start
I hope not! But, I wouldn't be too shocked if they did, with the majority of people making their decisions by April Western will have a better idea of how many people they need.same! I wonder if they're going to wait until April
I want to say (don't quote me) when I applied for c/o 2019 they states they won't pull until after the april date. Could have changed 🤷🏽♀️I hope not! But, I wouldn't be too shocked if they did, with the majority of people making their decisions by April Western will have a better idea of how many people they need.
There is an unofficial one, but no official one yetAny word on the Facebook group?
No way...can you send me the link pleaseThere is an unofficial one, but no official one yet
scroll up a bit. Its the one posted by TinkaNo way...can you send me the link please
They showed they received them but haven't updated my fall coursesHas anyone had their portal updated after sending in their transcripts?
How do you know they received them? I sent mine through my schools parchment and I got emails saying that [email protected] opened and downloaded it but that was it.They showed they received them but haven't updated my fall courses
Right above the uploads it has the date received with the college next to it! I sent them in on the 6th and my portal updated on the 10th! It also has my checklist updated for receiving.How do you know they received them? I sent mine through my schools parchment and I got emails saying that [email protected] opened and downloaded it but that was it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I forgot, what email do we use to send in our transcripts?
I just went through the transcript system that my college used like parchment and they do everything for youI forgot, what email do we use to send in our transcripts?
Thank you so much! I sent them out on Sunday to the admissions office and my counselor. I just resent them directly to the address my school has. Hopefully, it'll go through and I won't need to ask Western.Right above the uploads it has the date received with the college next to it! I sent them in on the 6th and my portal updated on the 10th! It also has my checklist updated for receiving.
Are we sending fall transcripts by March 31 even as alternates?Thank you so much! I sent them out on Sunday to the admissions office and my counselor. I just resent them directly to the address my school has. Hopefully, it'll go through and I won't need to ask Western.
I believe so! I would hate to not send them and lose my alternate spotAre we sending fall transcripts by March 31 even as alternates?
Nah it doesn’t matterDoes having classes in progress as an alternate make us less qualified than someone who finished their prereqs as an alternate? Or they don’t really look at it just as long as we finish them by June 1st
atlanticaccra
Full Member
Keep in mind that was also with a different admissions officer. We could be optimistically hearing earlier!For those that are alternates, I was doing some digging in older threads and found this post from the admissions in the class of 2021 thread. It seems like the alternates that were pulled heard back closer to May. View attachment 332432
I also just reread the alternate letter in the portal, and it does say that alternates could hear "from mid-April ..." so I think we won't be hearing anything at least until after April 15th.Keep in mind that was also with a different admissions officer. We could be optimistically hearing earlier!
LokiBear
Full Member
My friend that is a current third year didn't get pulled off the alternate list until 2 weeks before class started.I also just reread the alternate letter in the portal, and it does say that alternates could hear "from mid-April ..." so I think we won't be hearing anything at least until after April 15th.
That’s good to know that I’ll still have some hope until then 😂My friend that is a current third year didn't get pulled off the alternate list until 2 weeks before class started.
You have to ask your counselor if they were received because they are the ones marking them, but they aren't updating the portals for alternates right now.Has anyone had their portal updated after sending in their transcripts?
Karen was the director in previous years, not a counselor and it makes sense to not hear anything until after the accepted people have made their decision.Keep in mind that was also with a different admissions officer. We could be optimistically hearing earlier!
Thank you! I contacted my counselor this morning and confirmed that they were received.You have to ask your counselor if they were received because they are the ones marking them, but they aren't updating the portals for alternates right now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a physical address that I can send my transcript to? My school won't look up the look I need to send it to....
Astoria994
New Member
I sent mine electronically a while back and they seemed to have received it okay. But she included a mailing address just in case.Is there a physical address that I can send my transcript to? My school won't look up the look I need to send it to....
Hope this helps!
Yeah I created one for my class after admissions said they don’t create one for each class. But I would look for WesternU Facebook pages for other classes to join and ask questions if you have accepted your seat. There’s a Facebook page that requires WesternU email for verification.There is an unofficial one, but no official one yet
Is there any Facebook pages that let's us connect to any previous classes about housing? I'm moving from Florida to Cali and looking for a place has me stressed!
Yes, thank you so much! 😁I sent mine electronically a while back and they seemed to have received it okay. But she included a mailing address just in case.
Hope this helps!
View attachment 332696
altRVT
Full Member
I don't know of any FB pages BUT I live 10 min from the school and am very familiar with the surrounding areas so maybe I can help you narrow down some options?Is there any Facebook pages that let's us connect to any previous classes about housing? I'm moving from Florida to Cali and looking for a place has me stressed!
Would you happen to know if there are any mobile home parks that are frequently used by WesternU students? The idea of having my large, barky dog in an apartment makes me nervous, but I’m not sure where else to look.I don't know of any FB pages BUT I live 10 min from the school and am very familiar with the surrounding areas so maybe I can help you narrow down some options?
altRVT
Full Member
I definitely would not worry about your pup in an apartment. Most are dog friendly. Pomona and surrounding areas are not very quiet haha I know a lot of students will sometimes share a house. Renting around here is fairly easy, it's just expensiveWould you happen to know if there are any mobile home parks that are frequently used by WesternU students? The idea of having my large, barky dog in an apartment makes me nervous, but I’m not sure where else to look.
Astoria994
New Member
Does anyone know how starting a class Facebook page works? Is it something students should start/does the school have to approve it?
We have one already made! Sounds like the schools doesn't typically make them. If you scroll up there is a link I postedDoes anyone know how starting a class Facebook page works? Is it something students should start/does the school have to approve it?
Astoria994
New Member
Thank you!We have one already made! Sounds like the schools doesn't typically make them. If you scroll up there is a link I posted
Hello! I got an alternate position for this upcoming class as well 😅
I was wondering for those that are also alternates, does anyone know where to find the student orientation sheet for new students? I remember there was some information about important dates like when to submit Fall/winter/Spring transcripts by and also getting the Rabies vaccine and chest X-rays (something like that) but I forgot to save that 😓
Is anyone planning on just getting these things done (the medical portion) anyways?
I was wondering for those that are also alternates, does anyone know where to find the student orientation sheet for new students? I remember there was some information about important dates like when to submit Fall/winter/Spring transcripts by and also getting the Rabies vaccine and chest X-rays (something like that) but I forgot to save that 😓
Is anyone planning on just getting these things done (the medical portion) anyways?
So I think if you are wait listed they just need transcripts? Fall was due March 31st and winter/spring is due July 1st. July 1st is also the due date for health records etc but you can only submit that if your accepted (it asks for student ID etc). I really recommend waiting for the Rabies until you have an acceptance, it ain't cheap.Hello! I got an alternate position for this upcoming class as well 😅
I was wondering for those that are also alternates, does anyone know where to find the student orientation sheet for new students? I remember there was some information about important dates like when to submit Fall/winter/Spring transcripts by and also getting the Rabies vaccine and chest X-rays (something like that) but I forgot to save that 😓
Is anyone planning on just getting these things done (the medical portion) anyways?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think there is??Does anyone know if there is a forum for the admitted students of c/o 2025? Being rejected, I would love to see the stats of ppl who got waitlisted or accepted and see how I can improve my own. Thanks!
But I can def post my stats:
3.16 overall with over 10,000 hours in GP , currently managing a clinic (no large animal or exotic)
Graduated from cal poly pomona with a degree in zoology 2017
I actually had letters of recommendation from 2 veterinarians and my old manager.
This year was my second time applying to Western, wait listed for incoming 2019.
I took a gap year applying and sow a lot of personal growth, I feel this gave me the upper hand this year.
nikipatel28
UGA c/o 2025
I just declined my OOS offer to attend my IS school. Good luck to everyone on the alternate list!! 
LokiBear
Full Member
Thanks so much for the update and congrats! Where is your top choice that you got into?Hey guys I will be declining my seat for Western!! Good luck to everyone on the alternate status list and please know if you do not get in this year it will suck and hurt but it will be okay. This is my second time applying and I got into one of my top schools!!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K