WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As much as I think it’s good to be optimistic based off those numbers I am cautiously skeptical about if that’s a true representation. For Ohio’s unofficial group there were only 80ish people on the Facebook group april 15th and now on the official Facebook group it’s a full house. It’s possible that people don’t know about the Facebook group or are just waiting for the school to make an official one
Yeah I was definitely thinking that too. I'm sure there are probably accepted people that are just not aware of the group yet, etc. But what is keeping me optimistic is the fact that so many people have stated that they're declining their offers for other schools.
 
Yeah I was definitely thinking that too. I'm sure there are probably accepted people that are just not aware of the group yet, etc. But what is keeping me optimistic is the fact that so many people have stated that they're declining their offers for other schools.
Agreed. And there are people on the waitlist here getting off the waitlists other places, so there’s that hope too lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No and it's killing me
I’m slowly losing my sanity
nope 🙁 its killing me slowly, I'm hoping someone hears something over the next few days
Guys I genuinely thought I was the only one going insane over this LOL
Nope, I check on every break I have at work, I am driving myself nuts 🙃 especially getting fomo seeing other schools go through their waitlist
You all are most definitely not alone, I am truly going crazy over this wait too lol it doesn't help seeing other schools waitlists moving along like Kansas, etc. Maybe I should start praying to the vet school god's 😂
 
I'm also slowly dying but other schools' waitlists moving is a good thing! Fewer people to compete with if they've got another seat they're happy with!
Good point!!

Does anyone else keep checking their status page hoping for some sort of change?
Yes I try to check the portal at least once a day because I didn't receive an email about my status changing when I was initially placed as an alternate, so I'm worried I may not receive another email if I get taken off the alternate list lol
 
Good point!!


Yes I try to check the portal at least once a day because I didn't receive an email about my status changing when I was initially placed as an alternate, so I'm worried I may not receive another email if I get taken off the alternate list lol
Oh wow. That’s a good reason to check! I definitely feel less crazy now for checking it
 
got into my no.1 will be giving up my spot goodluck lads
aww congrats!!
I wish we knew how many alternates there were. It’s kind of frustrating that they haven’t really told us anything to ease our minds
Dude for real. They stopped responding to any of my emails lol. Their lack of communication during the whole application process this year has been really frustrating.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys I cannot believe I am posting this.... but just received an acceptance! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal for an update on my admissions status.... and the acceptance letter was in there. I cannot wait to meet everyone, class of 2025. This was my #1 choice it feels unreal. So there is hope for everyone still waiting and keep on checking your portals because that is where they will post it! Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!
 
Guys I cannot believe I am posting this.... but just received an acceptance! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal for an update on my admissions status.... and the acceptance letter was in there. I cannot wait to meet everyone, class of 2025. This was my #1 choice it feels unreal. So there is hope for everyone still waiting and keep on checking your portals because that is where they will post it! Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!
Oh man it's happening. Thanks for letting us know and congrats!!!
 
Guys I cannot believe I am posting this.... but just received an acceptance! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal for an update on my admissions status.... and the acceptance letter was in there. I cannot wait to meet everyone, class of 2025. This was my #1 choice it feels unreal. So there is hope for everyone still waiting and keep on checking your portals because that is where they will post it! Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!
Congratulations!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys I cannot believe I am posting this.... but just received an acceptance! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal for an update on my admissions status.... and the acceptance letter was in there. I cannot wait to meet everyone, class of 2025. This was my #1 choice it feels unreal. So there is hope for everyone still waiting and keep on checking your portals because that is where they will post it! Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!
Congratulations!!