WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As much as I think it’s good to be optimistic based off those numbers I am cautiously skeptical about if that’s a true representation. For Ohio’s unofficial group there were only 80ish people on the Facebook group april 15th and now on the official Facebook group it’s a full house. It’s possible that people don’t know about the Facebook group or are just waiting for the school to make an official one

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
As much as I think it’s good to be optimistic based off those numbers I am cautiously skeptical about if that’s a true representation. For Ohio’s unofficial group there were only 80ish people on the Facebook group april 15th and now on the official Facebook group it’s a full house. It’s possible that people don’t know about the Facebook group or are just waiting for the school to make an official one
Yeah I was definitely thinking that too. I'm sure there are probably accepted people that are just not aware of the group yet, etc. But what is keeping me optimistic is the fact that so many people have stated that they're declining their offers for other schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I was definitely thinking that too. I'm sure there are probably accepted people that are just not aware of the group yet, etc. But what is keeping me optimistic is the fact that so many people have stated that they're declining their offers for other schools.
Agreed. And there are people on the waitlist here getting off the waitlists other places, so there’s that hope too lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I am. If I get off the other schools waitlist I'm going to give up my spot at Western

Reactions: 1 users
Are you guys on any other waitlist?
I am. Kansas, LMU, Midwestern,Louisiana. I was also accepted to Ross and St. George. But I really want Western.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am. Kansas, LMU, Louisiana. I was also accepted to Ross and St. George. But I really want Western.
Oh nice! You got back up, are u hesitant on the island schools?

I am on LMU. I live in Georgia and am large animal emphasis so Tennessee is more ideal and a lot easier to move to than Western

Oh nice! You got back up, are u hesitant on the island schools?
I applied to all of these schools when I was mid freak out about getting in but now I’m dedicated to Western. I have family I can’t leave.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I genuinely thought I was the only one going insane over this LOL

Nope, I check on every break I have at work, I am driving myself nuts 🙃 especially getting fomo seeing other schools go through their waitlist

Reactions: 5 users
I heard Cornell's waitlist hasn't moved either so at least we're all not alone lol

No and it's killing me
I’m slowly losing my sanity
nope :( its killing me slowly, I'm hoping someone hears something over the next few days
Nope, I check on every break I have at work, I am driving myself nuts 🙃 especially getting fomo seeing other schools go through their waitlist
You all are most definitely not alone, I am truly going crazy over this wait too lol it doesn't help seeing other schools waitlists moving along like Kansas, etc. Maybe I should start praying to the vet school god's 😂

Reactions: 4 users
I'm also slowly dying but other schools' waitlists moving is a good thing! Fewer people to compete with if they've got another seat they're happy with!

Does anyone else keep checking their status page hoping for some sort of change?

I'm also slowly dying but other schools' waitlists moving is a good thing! Fewer people to compete with if they've got another seat they're happy with!
Good point!!

Does anyone else keep checking their status page hoping for some sort of change?
Yes I try to check the portal at least once a day because I didn't receive an email about my status changing when I was initially placed as an alternate, so I'm worried I may not receive another email if I get taken off the alternate list lol

Good point!!

Yes I try to check the portal at least once a day because I didn't receive an email about my status changing when I was initially placed as an alternate, so I'm worried I may not receive another email if I get taken off the alternate list lol
Oh wow. That’s a good reason to check! I definitely feel less crazy now for checking it

got into my no.1 will be giving up my spot goodluck lads

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I wish we knew how many alternates there were. It’s kind of frustrating that they haven’t really told us anything to ease our minds

got into my no.1 will be giving up my spot goodluck lads
aww congrats!!
I wish we knew how many alternates there were. It’s kind of frustrating that they haven’t really told us anything to ease our minds
Dude for real. They stopped responding to any of my emails lol. Their lack of communication during the whole application process this year has been really frustrating.

Someone have the courage to call them? Haha

• Haha
Someone just posted on the pre-vet facebook group that they got into LMU and are declining their seat from Western :)

Just got a call from a Pomona, CA number and listened to the voicemail but it was one of those calls about my “business’s back taxes” I want TO SCREAM

• Haha
Just got a call from a Pomona, CA number and listened to the voicemail but it was one of those calls about my “business’s back taxes” I want TO SCREAM
this whole sentence just took me on a rollercoaster I'm so sorry :(

every call I get I answer and every time it's a car warranty scam

Iowa is on #118... I wonder why so many people decline that school.

• Wow
isnt it only ~26k a year? but they do have ~160 seats
I'm not 100% sure on the tuition it's definitely cheaper than private schools but I think its one of the more expensive state schools tuition wise but its cost living is low

The Western facebook group went down 2 people, its now at 40 people lol

Guys I cannot believe I am posting this.... but just received an acceptance! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal for an update on my admissions status.... and the acceptance letter was in there. I cannot wait to meet everyone, class of 2025. This was my #1 choice it feels unreal. So there is hope for everyone still waiting and keep on checking your portals because that is where they will post it! Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
Guys I cannot believe I am posting this.... but just received an acceptance! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal for an update on my admissions status.... and the acceptance letter was in there. I cannot wait to meet everyone, class of 2025. This was my #1 choice it feels unreal. So there is hope for everyone still waiting and keep on checking your portals because that is where they will post it! Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!
Oh man it's happening. Thanks for letting us know and congrats!!!

Congratulations!!

Hi guys! I have been pulled off the waitlist today but I will be declining since I was accepted at my top choice school. I hope one of you will fill the spot! Good luck 😃

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!!

So it looks like they aren’t doing phone calls this year when they pull us off the waitlist?

Ohhh man wondering how many they sent today, now I'm definitely gonna be checking every 15 mins 😅