WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I think if you are wait listed they just need transcripts? Fall was due March 31st and winter/spring is due July 1st. July 1st is also the due date for health records etc but you can only submit that if your accepted (it asks for student ID etc). I really recommend waiting for the Rabies until you have an acceptance, it ain't cheap.
Thank you so much for letting me know!
 
Mine is Midwestern in Arizona! There program provides a lot for students and when I did the on-campus tour I just knew it was the place for me!!
Aww that’s so exciting!! Congrats!! I have a peer that is finishing up her first year there and she loves it and is excelling academically. It sounds like a great program!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So when do you think the waitlist will start to hear back? Tomorrow? Friday? Next week?
 
I'm thinking they will start next week since it takes time to pick the applicants?
I would think that they would have made a list of small animal waitlisters, large animal, wildlife, and etc. But they’re still going to have to go through who declined. I never thought of that!
 
I would think that they would have made a list of small animal waitlisters, large animal, wildlife, and etc. But they’re still going to have to go through who declined. I never thought of that!
Hmm. Maybe they have us grouped by keywords. They will probably also consider ethnicity and minority group status to keep the class diverse so that's why I'm thinking it'll take them a bit longer. But who knows, I wish it was sooner since it seems like a lot of people declined their seats for other schools
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone from the alternate list filled out the FAFSA just in case you get pulled off? If so, was it a long process? I heard it was a good idea to fill it out, I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.
 
Has anyone from the alternate list filled out the FAFSA just in case you get pulled off? If so, was it a long process? I heard it was a good idea to fill it out, I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.
I filled it out a couple of months ago. It does take a little bit. Make sure you have all of your tax stuff. It will tell you exactly where to look for the numbers they need. If it glitches on your computer, download the app on your phone and finish it from there. Mine would not go through on my computer.
 
Has anyone from the alternate list filled out the FAFSA just in case you get pulled off? If so, was it a long process? I heard it was a good idea to fill it out, I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.
Yeah I filled it out a little while ago for all the schools I applied to because I saw on another forum it can cause issues later if you don’t have it filled out- so I definitely would! It doesn’t effect anything if you end up not getting pulled off the list so no negative aftermath
 
Question I was under the impression that you only send over transcripts if you’ve been accepted. Is this true? I’m worried now haha
 
Question I was under the impression that you only send over transcripts if you’ve been accepted. Is this true? I’m worried now haha
I’m pretty sure you send them if you’re waitlisted too but I could be wrong
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Incase anyone is wondering. I just spoke to Alexandra Higgins and she said that transcripts aren’t due at this time for alternate applicants. So if you have been having trouble with your transcripts or anything don’t worry! You have time
By any chance, did she mention when we could start to hear back?
 
Anyone wanna take on for the team and email them asking when Alternates could possibly start hearing back?
I think I've reached my maximum amount of emails to them 🤣
 
Anyone wanna take on for the team and email them asking when Alternates could possibly start hearing back?
I think I've reached my maximum amount of emails to them 🤣
I just tried and they gave me a generic we will hear sometime before august and that it will depend on when people start to decline their offers...so I guess anytime? They said they have no set date to start sending them out.
 
I just tried and they gave me a generic we will hear sometime before august and that it will depend on when people start to decline their offers...so I guess anytime? They said they have no set date to start sending them out.
A crap ton of people already have declined their offers, let's get this show on the road people! lol

Thanks for asking and letting us know @nseig. I just wish that they would move this process along so that alternates didn't have to scramble last minute.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some good news for y'all. Idk how accurate it is but there are only 42 people in the Facebook group, but a few of them are student ambassadors from the class ahead and some are alternates. So maybe there are actually only ~36 people who have confirmed their acceptance.
Oh wow! I hope that’s accurate. That would be awesome for the waitlist! Thank you for letting us know!
 
Some good news for y'all. Idk how accurate it is but there are only 42 people in the Facebook group, but a few of them are student ambassadors from the class ahead and some are alternates. So maybe there are actually only ~36 people who have confirmed their acceptance.
I myself and I know a couple of others that are definitely alternates on that group 😂
 
As much as I think it’s good to be optimistic based off those numbers I am cautiously skeptical about if that’s a true representation. For Ohio’s unofficial group there were only 80ish people on the Facebook group april 15th and now on the official Facebook group it’s a full house. It’s possible that people don’t know about the Facebook group or are just waiting for the school to make an official one