WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I will be declining my seat for Western!! Good luck to everyone on the alternate status list and please know if you do not get in this year it will suck and hurt but it will be okay. This is my second time applying and I got into one of my top schools!!!!
Thanks so much for the update and congrats! Where is your top choice that you got into?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I think if you are wait listed they just need transcripts? Fall was due March 31st and winter/spring is due July 1st. July 1st is also the due date for health records etc but you can only submit that if your accepted (it asks for student ID etc). I really recommend waiting for the Rabies until you have an acceptance, it ain't cheap.
Thank you so much for letting me know!

Thanks so much for the update and congrats! Where is your top choice that you got into?
Mine is Midwestern in Arizona! There program provides a lot for students and when I did the on-campus tour I just knew it was the place for me!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is Midwestern in Arizona! There program provides a lot for students and when I did the on-campus tour I just knew it was the place for me!!
Aww that’s so exciting!! Congrats!! I have a peer that is finishing up her first year there and she loves it and is excelling academically. It sounds like a great program!

On the bright side, there is no different IS/OOS priority since it is a private school

Reactions: 5 users
On the bright side, there is no different IS/OOS priority since it is a private school
oh really?? I did not know that! thanks for letting us know. i assumed that residency was also a characteristic they picked waitlisted students by but that gives me more hope lol

Nope privates don’t care where were from since it’s not a public institution. That’s why tuition is the same for everyone
The waitlist is determined by similar intended interests not were the person is from which is nice

Reactions: 3 users
So when do you think the waitlist will start to hear back? Tomorrow? Friday? Next week?

So when do you think the waitlist will start to hear back? Tomorrow? Friday? Next week?
I'm thinking they will start next week since it takes time to pick the applicants?

Reactions: 4 users
I'm thinking they will start next week since it takes time to pick the applicants?
I would think that they would have made a list of small animal waitlisters, large animal, wildlife, and etc. But they’re still going to have to go through who declined. I never thought of that!

Reactions: 1 user
I would think that they would have made a list of small animal waitlisters, large animal, wildlife, and etc. But they’re still going to have to go through who declined. I never thought of that!
Hmm. Maybe they have us grouped by keywords. They will probably also consider ethnicity and minority group status to keep the class diverse so that's why I'm thinking it'll take them a bit longer. But who knows, I wish it was sooner since it seems like a lot of people declined their seats for other schools

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they usually call when you get pulled off the waitlist or just send an email?

oh gosh if you don't pick up the phone do they just skip you over then???
I doubt it. They'll probably call back a little later and then send an email. They cant punish you for being at work or in class. That would just be silly.

oh gosh if you don't pick up the phone do they just skip you over then???
No! I saw some last year say they missed the call then they got a voicemail and just called them back later on

Has anyone from the alternate list filled out the FAFSA just in case you get pulled off? If so, was it a long process? I heard it was a good idea to fill it out, I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.

Has anyone from the alternate list filled out the FAFSA just in case you get pulled off? If so, was it a long process? I heard it was a good idea to fill it out, I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet.
I filled it out a couple of months ago. It does take a little bit. Make sure you have all of your tax stuff. It will tell you exactly where to look for the numbers they need. If it glitches on your computer, download the app on your phone and finish it from there. Mine would not go through on my computer.

Yeah I filled it out a little while ago for all the schools I applied to because I saw on another forum it can cause issues later if you don’t have it filled out- so I definitely would! It doesn’t effect anything if you end up not getting pulled off the list so no negative aftermath

I was just called off of my Instate waitlist and will be declining my seat to Western. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Question I was under the impression that you only send over transcripts if you’ve been accepted. Is this true? I’m worried now haha

Question I was under the impression that you only send over transcripts if you’ve been accepted. Is this true? I’m worried now haha
I’m pretty sure you send them if you’re waitlisted too but I could be wrong

i sent mine over but they haven't shown up on my portal
Same. I emailed Tonisha Rowan and she said they received them

sorry if the instant reply’s are bugging anyone. I’m waiting for Disneyland tickets.

update: got my tickets 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Same. I emailed Tonisha Rowan and she said they received them

sorry if the instant reply’s are bugging anyone. I’m waiting for Disneyland tickets.
I’m also waiting for Disney tickets LOL. Thanks for the reply

• Love
Incase anyone is wondering. I just spoke to Alexandra Higgins and she said that transcripts aren’t due at this time for alternate applicants. So if you have been having trouble with your transcripts or anything don’t worry! You have time

Incase anyone is wondering. I just spoke to Alexandra Higgins and she said that transcripts aren’t due at this time for alternate applicants. So if you have been having trouble with your transcripts or anything don’t worry! You have time
By any chance, did she mention when we could start to hear back?

I hope there’s movement soon 😬 some other schools have already started to go through the list

The hold this website has on me is down right demonic

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
The hold this website has on me is down right demonic
For real lmao

On another note, it seemed like a large amount of people declined their acceptance to Western based on what I've seen here and on facebook. This is giving me hope that a good amount of alternates will be called 🤞. I really hope we start to hear back sooner than later.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone wanna take on for the team and email them asking when Alternates could possibly start hearing back?
I think I've reached my maximum amount of emails to them :rofl:

Anyone wanna take on for the team and email them asking when Alternates could possibly start hearing back?
Can someone ask how many are on the list as well? They don't reply to mine =(

I just tried and they gave me a generic we will hear sometime before august and that it will depend on when people start to decline their offers...so I guess anytime? They said they have no set date to start sending them out.

I just tried and they gave me a generic we will hear sometime before august and that it will depend on when people start to decline their offers...so I guess anytime? They said they have no set date to start sending them out.
A crap ton of people already have declined their offers, let's get this show on the road people! lol

Thanks for asking and letting us know @nseig. I just wish that they would move this process along so that alternates didn't have to scramble last minute.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Looks like nothing today 😭 its gonna be a long weekend

Why do I have a gut feeling we won’t hear anything until next month

Maybe, people got pulled off on April 20 for c/o 2021, but for class of 2020 it was was may.
But isn’t there a new admissions group? If there is, I don’t know how much we can really compare to prior years.

Some good news for y'all. Idk how accurate it is but there are only 42 people in the Facebook group, but a few of them are student ambassadors from the class ahead and some are alternates. So maybe there are actually only ~36 people who have confirmed their acceptance.

Some good news for y'all. Idk how accurate it is but there are only 42 people in the Facebook group, but a few of them are student ambassadors from the class ahead and some are alternates. So maybe there are actually only ~36 people who have confirmed their acceptance.
Oh wow! I hope that’s accurate. That would be awesome for the waitlist! Thank you for letting us know!

I myself and I know a couple of others that are definitely alternates on that group 😂