WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

My portal says that my application is pending for the transcript. Am I supposed to send a transcript directly to Western before being accepted and interviewed or does it say this for everyone? Thanks!

View attachment 323809
I have pending stuff on my application portal as well, but I did interview last week. I think they just keep that as a checklist of what you need to submit in the future.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when they will let us know decisions about our interviews? I cant remember if they gave a rough time estimate.
 
People that interviewed already- approximately how long was it between the email saying that your application was sent for review post processing and the interview invite? My application was processed and sent for review on October 10. It's almost been 2 months. 😬
 
People that interviewed already- approximately how long was it between the email saying that your application was sent for review post processing and the interview invite? My application was processed and sent for review on October 10. It's almost been 2 months. 😬
I got an email saying that my application was sent for review on 10/12. I got interview invite on 11/11. My portal status never updated
 
Just received an interview invite 😁 for those of you who have already interviewed, what resources did you use to prepare? I know it’s MMI format and behavioral questions but I don’t know any good sources with sample questions I can practice with
 
Just received an interview invite 😁 for those of you who have already interviewed, what resources did you use to prepare? I know it’s MMI format and behavioral questions but I don’t know any good sources with sample questions I can practice with
When did your application finish processing and go to review?
 
Don't lose hope my peeps! I just got an interview invite today (Dec 4) for tomorrow (Dec 5, why is it a Saturday?!)! And the person actually called me on my cell, not via email. So be alert and maybe start picking up the 909 area code numbers. I'm sure they are still going through applications! Background: my VMCAS was verified and I created an account and submitted it with Western on 10/13/20. Then I was missing a couple of things and it came back on 11/13/20 for re-verification sorta and I did that too. So now, finally two months later, I am ready for an interview! I'm sure many of you will get it soon too!
 
Don't lose hope my peeps! I just got an interview invite today (Dec 4) for tomorrow (Dec 5, why is it a Saturday?!)! And the person actually called me on my cell, not via email. So be alert and maybe start picking up the 909 area code numbers. I'm sure they are still going through applications! Background: my VMCAS was verified and I created an account and submitted it with Western on 10/13/20. Then I was missing a couple of things and it came back on 11/13/20 for re-verification sorta and I did that too. So now, finally two months later, I am ready for an interview! I'm sure many of you will get it soon too!
I got a call from a 909 number today but didn't answer it! They didn't leave a message though so I'm not sure...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang I should've checked this forum yesterday. I usually don't answer unknown callers but I also got a 909 call yesterday. I wonder if they'll send a follow up call/email?
 
So I just had my interview and I’m not going to go over specifics but I felt fairly prepared just from practicing typical behavioral questions and thinking about all of my past experiences that have shaped who I am. The interviewers are very friendly and it’s more of a conversation than an interview. I promise you it’s not as scary as you probably think it is. They even stated at the beginning that if you got an interview, they know you are academically capable, they just want to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for their particular program.
 
Anyone hear anything recently? Seems like it's been pretty quiet. My application was sent to committee to review recently so I'm really hoping to hear back for an interview invite.
 
Anyone hear anything recently? Seems like it's been pretty quiet. My application was sent to committee to review recently so I'm really hoping to hear back for an interview invite.
I was sent to committee review on 12/8. Hoping to hear back soon as well
My app was sent to review on the Nov. 25th, I hope we hear back soon!
 
Great minds think alike apparently. I emailed them today and they said be patient, they are still reviewing and processing applications and people are still being invited to interview.
 
Great minds think alike apparently. I emailed them today and they said be patient, they are still reviewing and processing applications and people are still being invited to interview.
That’s good to know. I was thinking about it all day. I was sent to review 12/1
 
One of them was my top school, Davis. Oregon was the other one I heard back from. I hope I'm passed all of the rejections now 🙏
I’m in the same boat as you. Honestly, I’m a bit relieved someone else has gotten rejections from both those schools. I hope we hear good news from here on out!!!
 
They are not releasing decisions until March?😱😱 I did my interview in Nov.14th but I feel like it has been MONTHS..
I actually just read that on their interview booklet, it says decisions are released spring. But lurking on the other years it was around jan-feb, so who knows. How did you feel about your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just saw this posted on my portal today:
1608402726392.png
 
They are not releasing decisions until March?😱😱 I did my interview in Nov.14th but I feel like it has been MONTHS..
LOL I had my interview two weeks ago and I feel like it’s been months 😭 I can only imagine how you’re feeling
 
I actually just read that on their interview booklet, it says decisions are released spring. But lurking on the other years it was around jan-feb, so who knows. How did you feel about your interview?
I think I did fine. I think I did better on the first round than the second.🤷🏻‍♀️ There is nothing that I can change now so just waiting for some good news!☺️ Wbu?
 
I submitted my application in earl-earlg September and recieved an email that my app is ready for committe review on 12/18 haha.... took more than three months to get my app ready for review🙏🏻🙏🏻
 
Western is now my last school for this cycle, haven't got an interview invite yet.
starting to think of re-applying next cycle already, anyone on the same boat?
 
anyone had experiences notifying/updating the writers of your LOR's about rejections? or asking them to write a letter for more than one time? How did that go?
 
anyone had experiences notifying/updating the writers of your LOR's about rejections? or asking them to write a letter for more than one time? How did that go?
I did that. First I reached out to the schools that rejected me to ask how to improve my application. After I got their responses, I then told my writers that due to these reasons I was declined from all schools but I planned to improve my application and try again the following year.

Not getting in to vet school is pretty common so I don’t think they were too shocked when I said I had to try again. I mean there are thousands of applicants and only 47ish AVMA accredited schools and only 100 seats ish at each school.

All of them were like ok cool no problem. 3 of my letter writers have written for grad school and for vet school twice so I think they probably just edit it and update it each time haha
 
Does anyone know anything about Westerns large animal program? If they have one/how they go about teaching large animal medicine? I know they have a lot of small animal opportunities, but I am only interested in working with large animals and the occasional barn cat
 
Western is now my last school for this cycle, haven't got an interview invite yet.
starting to think of re-applying next cycle already, anyone on the same boat?
Yes me! I've gotten four rejections so far and just expecting that for the rest lol. I haven't gotten an interview from Western, but based on how long they are taking to get back to me I'm planning on applying again next cycle. Hopefully there aren't as many people applying the next round :/
 
Happy new year all! Does anyone have an idea of when we will find out about acceptances? Also, does anybody have a copy of the interview day packet? Thanks!
 
In our panel they said they will not be giving us an exact timeframe as things are different this year and it all depends on when they finish seating the entire class
It could be January, it could be April
 
It could be April now?!? I honestly don’t know if I can wait that long while still being calm, this school is my first choice 😱
I mean, most likely no like the latest schools will send out results in March but I'm just saying that there is no time frame. This cycle is hella different this year so everything may take longer, or they might get the class seated quicker. We just gotta sit back and hangout for the time being. I know its hard to say don't stress over it, but right now we're just in the waiting game and the decisions will come when they come
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean, most likely no like the latest schools will send out results in March but I'm just saying that there is no time frame. This cycle is hella different this year so everything may take longer, or they might get the class seated quicker. We just gotta sit back and hangout for the time being. I know its hard to say don't stress over it, but right now we're just in the waiting game and the decisions will come when they come
Gotcha. My interview was the first week of November and during that time they said March, so I thought April was the newest update
 
Yes me! I've gotten four rejections so far and just expecting that for the rest lol. I haven't gotten an interview from Western, but based on how long they are taking to get back to me I'm planning on applying again next cycle. Hopefully there aren't as many people applying the next round :/
Same, it seems like an enormous amount of people applied this year for some strange reason.