WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello friends!

I applied to Western on 9/13 and my application was sent to review on 11/11! I only applied to Western and am really hoping for an invitation to interview this month! I hope you all receive good news this month too! I had to submit a coursework repeat form, so that pushed back my application from being sent to the committee for several weeks; I retook approximately 85 units worth of courses to boost my GPA and I raised it significantly :oops: For reference, I am interested in wildlife medicine and research.

Cheers!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews at this time? or any updates of whats going on? Its been radio silence :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews at this time? or any updates of whats going on? Its been radio silence :oops:
Wondering the same. Haven't heard a peep out of them since they put my application into review.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, there. Three days ago, I emailed the admissions counselor and asked about interviews. She said that interviews are still being conducted at this time and interviews invitations are still being sent out! There is still hope for us!

• Love
Hello friends!

I applied to Western on 9/13 and my application was sent to review on 11/11! I only applied to Western and am really hoping for an invitation to interview this month! I hope you all receive good news this month too! I had to submit a coursework repeat form, so that pushed back my application from being sent to the committee for several weeks; I retook approximately 85 units worth of courses to boost my GPA and I raised it significantly :oops: For reference, I am interested in wildlife medicine and research.

Cheers!
Hi there!
How long did it take you to complete your 85 units worth of courses?
I’m also taking science courses to boost my science GPA but it’s SO SLOW despite getting good grades. I’m starting to wonder whether I should put off applying the upcoming cycle (if I don’t get in anywhere this cycle) just to keep working on that science GPA. I just keep using that GPA calculator since it’s a mix of quarter and semester units...:rolleyes:

Thanks so much in advance for your input!

Hi there!
How long did it take you to complete your 85 units worth of courses?
I’m also taking science courses to boost my science GPA but it’s SO SLOW despite getting good grades. I’m starting to wonder whether I should put off applying the upcoming cycle (if I don’t get in anywhere this cycle) just to keep working on that science GPA. I just keep using that GPA calculator since it’s a mix of quarter and semester units...:rolleyes:

Thanks so much in advance for your input!
Hello there!!

I am very happy to give you some input on my experience! It took me about 2 years to retake 85 units. I was not working at this time, but I managed to volunteer once a week here and there. I retook mostly science courses but also retook a few non-science classes.
In total, I retook 19 science and math classes and 3 non-science classes! Western U will replace each old grade with the reattempted grade and this helps a lot with those seeking to significantly raise their GPA!

Please reach out if I can help you with anymore questions!!! 😄

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, this is exactly what happened to me. I got an interview invite today with a link to choose an interview day and time, and the only available day was for tomorrow morning! So I got super short notice, and I'm freaking out :scared: Wish me success!

In terms of interview timeline, the interview orientation packet I got said the following:
"Interviews will be conducted in the late Fall and may run into early Spring."
Hello there =) In reference to the part of the interview orientation packet where it says that, "interviews will be conducted in the late Fall and may run into early Spring", do you suppose that also means that interview invites will be offered in the late Fall and early Spring?

Hello there =) In reference to the part of the interview orientation packet where it says that, "interviews will be conducted in the late Fall and may run into early Spring", do you suppose that also means that interview invites will be offered in the late Fall and early Spring?
According to Alberto Nunez, they are still reviewing applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite the day before yesterday, so they are back at it. Submitted the application on the deadline so presumably they’re not being entirely chronological.

• Love
Got an interview invite the day before yesterday, so they are back at it. Submitted the application on the deadline so presumably they’re not being entirely chronological.
When did you get an email that your application was being sent to review by the committee?

November 17, so later than some of you!
Awesome! This means they’re still working through them and slower than I thought. Mine was December 1st so hopefully soon!

Awesome! This means they’re still working through them and slower than I thought. Mine was December 1st so hopefully soon!
My application was sent to review on November 11th :/

Don’t get your hopes down just yet. There is still time!
Yes, you're right! I did not think I would be so anxious during the waiting process :) If or when I hear back from Western, I will surely be reporting back to you all. Lets manifest good stuff for us on this forum ;)

• Care
I wish they got back to us on a rolling basis at this point. If they’re still looking at November applications I doubt their March deadline will still be in place

Reactions: 3 users
I wish they got back to us on a rolling basis at this point. If they’re still looking at November applications I doubt their March deadline will still be in place
You make a great point. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the interviews will continue into early Spring!

I got my interview invite!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an email for an interview invite.

• Love
When did you submit your application? ;) I submitted mine on September 11th and was finally sent to committee on November 11th.
I believe I sent it September 5th and I was put into review 12/1

my application was received by the school on sept 11 and got under review on dec 18... and still waiting 😹🥲 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻im so desperate now...

• Love
my application was received by the school on sept 11 and got under review on dec 18... and still waiting 😹🥲 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻im so desperate now...
Same, the wait is literally killing me

• Love
Hello again! Yes, I would say that if they are still conducting interviews during that time, they'd still do the invites then as well, especially because it seems like some are so short-notice. For example, I got notified one day and interviewed the next. These are crazy times! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love
How did you get notified? very scared to be missing a call/ email.

• Care
How did you get notified? very scared to be missing a call/ email.
I got an invite a few days ago and I first saw it on the application status portal and then I got an email a few hours later. I’d just keep checking your email (and make sure to check your spam too just in case). Also the soonest/only available interview dates when I was scheduling were for the 23rd-25th if that helps give anyone an idea of where the school is at with interviews. Hopefully you all hear back soon too!

• Care
I’ve looked at threads from previous years and they were still conducting interviews in mid-January and heard back beginning of February. I think the March deadline is still accurate.

Hey everyone! On my application checklist, it shows that I have pending transcripts from Fall 2020, with a status of, "awaiting". Does anyone know if this is displayed on everyones student portal? Or could this be an indication that you could be invited to interview? I am aware that the deadline to submit any pending Fall transcripts is March 31st and Spring is June 1st. Thanks!

Hey everyone! On my application checklist, it shows that I have pending transcripts from Fall 2020, with a status of, "awaiting". Does anyone know if this is displayed on everyones student portal? Or could this be an indication that you could be invited to interview? I am aware that the deadline to submit any pending Fall transcripts is March 31st and Spring is June 1st. Thanks!
I've just had pending courses listed (probably since I just needed physics and have already graduated) since it said my application was under review. I did get interviewed back in November, so I would stay optimistic!

• Care
I've just had pending courses listed (probably since I just needed physics and have already graduated) since it said my application was under review. I did get interviewed back in November, so I would stay optimistic!
Got it, thank you so much!! Perhaps my application is just long, complex, or screams NO :oops: When I submitted my VMCAS app, it was 37 pages long. Not to mention the 22 classes I retook---yikes!

I've had the classes with "awaiting" ever since they put my file under review, here's what mine looks like:
1611007180715.png

• Care
I've had the classes with "awaiting" ever since they put my file under review, here's what mine looks like:
View attachment 327727
Hi, LokiBear! You and I are among the few here awaiting that much anticipated interview invite! Yes, mine looks like this too! Has been this way since my application was sent to committee for review. I have been playing detective in trying to figure out if my file has been placed in the NOPE pile for consideration, and although it may not be the healthiest approach, its a bit of a thrill =)

• Haha
Hi, LokiBear! You and I are among the few here awaiting that much anticipated interview invite! Yes, mine looks like this too! Has been this way since my application was sent to committee for review. I have been playing detective in trying to figure out if my file has been placed in the NOPE pile for consideration, and although it may not be the healthiest approach, its a bit of a thrill =)
I totally get it, I've been doing the same thing lmao
I'm taking it as a good sign. If I didn't have a chance based on my application thus far, I personally think they would have sent a rejection by now. I don't think they would go through the trouble of emailing me and asking if I was planning on taking the missing required class and then adding it into my application as "awaiting." So there's that slight glimmer of hope that I'm still hanging on to :lol:

• Love
I totally get it, I've been doing the same thing lmao
I'm taking it as a good sign. If I didn't have a chance based on my application thus far, I personally think they would have sent a rejection by now. I don't think they would go through the trouble of emailing me and asking if I was planning on taking the missing required class and then adding it into my application as "awaiting." So there's that slight glimmer of hope that I'm still hanging on to :lol:
I am taking it as a good sign too! At the same time, I have already begun to reflect on my application and how I would make it stronger next year, just in case! As far as rejection, I thought all rejection and acceptance letters would go out at the same time in Spring? Am I wrong, Loki? :oops: You have a great attitude! There is that faint light at the end of this tunnel we call ADCOM REVIEW!! Hehe

• Care
Anybody else constantly checking this thread even though I know acceptances aren’t going out for a couple months? 😂😅

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody else constantly checking this thread even though I know acceptances aren’t going out for a couple months? 😂😅

Haha I am! I really do hope it’s not for a couple of months. From what I read on the interview booklet, it says we should know by March. I hoping that we find out in the next 30 days

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if interviews are winding down? If they are maybe we’ll hear back sooner?

Haha I am! I really do hope it’s not for a couple of months. From what I read on the interview booklet, it says we should know by March. I hoping that we find out in the next 30 days
That would be awesome haha

Just got an interview invite :soexcited:

I just received my 8th rejection this morning and Western was literally the last and only school I had any chances of getting into vet school next year

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

I just received my 8th rejection this morning and Western was literally the last and only school I had any chances of getting into vet school next year
Congrats! How many dates are left?

Congrats! How many dates are left?
There were two days available, one next Wednesday on January 27th and the other on the 28th. I clicked the first one so fast that I didn't look to see if they had more scheduled for February.

Congratulations! I’ve been waiting for your interview invite after I received mine. I feel like we’ve been in the same worried boat this entire time. Good luck!

• Care
Congratulations! I’ve been waiting for your interview invite after I received mine. I feel like we’ve been in the same worried boat this entire time. Good luck!
Oh man for real!! Good luck with your interview, I hope it goes well!

• Care