WesternU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering if they sent enough to fill the class or not and it's making me go crazy
Sameee. But one person on here said that they are declining their invite from today, so that means they'll be sending out at least one more - but hopefully more than one 😢
So it looks like they aren’t doing phone calls this year when they pull us off the waitlist?
I think they do phone calls when it's cutting it close to orientation like during the month of July and beginning of August.
 
i... am still in shock - i got an email a couple of hours ago that i got pulled off the waitlist and got accepted!! i am an oos applicant and accepting it!!!! can’t wait to meet my fellow classmates!!! going to process my emotions for a couple of days and then be back on here!
Congrats!!

To those that have been offered acceptances, how long did they give you to accept the offer?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i... am still in shock - i got an email a couple of hours ago that i got pulled off the waitlist and got accepted!! i am an oos applicant and accepting it!!!! can’t wait to meet my fellow classmates!!! going to process my emotions for a couple of days and then be back on here!
Yay!!! Congrats can’t wait to meet you!
 
I have no clue either. I haven’t seen a lot of talk of more people here or on Facebook, and the Facebook group only went up four people so who knows
I emailed asking about a timeline yesterday before they sent out acceptances and they haven't answered me yet so if they tell me anything important I'll post
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well to keep myself distracted from checking the portal 100 more times today, how is everyone doing 😁? I'm wrapping up spring semester, definitely weird knowing I'll be graduating next month
 
well to keep myself distracted from checking the portal 100 more times today, how is everyone doing 😁? I'm wrapping up spring semester, definitely weird knowing I'll be graduating next month
I graduated last month (quarter system), and have been working a 9-5 ever since for an animal research lab. I'm exhausted :dead:
 
Some good news for y'all. Idk how accurate it is but there are only 42 people in the Facebook group, but a few of them are student ambassadors from the class ahead and some are alternates. So maybe there are actually only ~36 people who have confirmed their acceptance.
What is the name of the Facebook group?
 
i... am still in shock - i got an email a couple of hours ago that i got pulled off the waitlist and got accepted!! i am an oos applicant and accepting it!!!! can’t wait to meet my fellow classmates!!! going to process my emotions for a couple of days and then be back on here!
Guys I cannot believe I am posting this.... but just received an acceptance! They sent me an email telling me to check my portal for an update on my admissions status.... and the acceptance letter was in there. I cannot wait to meet everyone, class of 2025. This was my #1 choice it feels unreal. So there is hope for everyone still waiting and keep on checking your portals because that is where they will post it! Wishing the best for everyone still waiting!!
I got an offer on the same day! Have you gotten any info from them about setting up the student account yet?
 
I am OOS and was placed on a waitlist but I got acceptance letter and I will be taking the seat! I still can't believe it cause this was my 3rd year applying. So to those who are still waiting to hear back, keep your hopes up! 😀
Did you just hear back today??
 
I am OOS and was placed on a waitlist but I got acceptance letter and I will be taking the seat! I still can't believe it cause this was my 3rd year applying. So to those who are still waiting to hear back, keep your hopes up! 😀
Congrats!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The facebook group has been teetering at 49 members, and the GroupMe thing is at 20 members. It doesn't even seem close to being full. Anyone getting any replies back from Western when emailing them?
They told me it was almost full and just told me to keep up with my pre-requisite coursework. I'm assuming they will not take people off until the deadline for the first round of people taken off (I think May 5th?) because they will not know how many seats are open until after then. They said when a seat becomes available they will look at everyone's application again and notify who is getting an acceptance. I think it's just a waiting game now.
 
They told me it was almost full and just told me to keep up with my pre-requisite coursework. I'm assuming they will not take people off until the deadline for the first round of people taken off (I think May 5th?) because they will not know how many seats are open until after then. They said when a seat becomes available they will look at everyone's application again and notify who is getting an acceptance. I think it's just a waiting game now.
Thanks so much for letting us know!

I wish they had told everyone that, I've emailed both my counselor and Robin a few times over the last couple of months and have not gotten any responses back and I know that is the cases for some others too. It's kind of frustrating that they'll tell one person pertinent info like that and no one else.
 
Thanks so much for letting us know!

I wish they had told everyone that, I've emailed both my counselor and Robin a few times over the last couple of months and have not gotten any responses back and I know that is the cases for some others too. It's kind of frustrating that they'll tell one person pertinent info like that and no one else.
I completely understand and agree! I have had some communication issues at other schools too. Especially when we are in a pandemic and online communication is so important, it's hard when there is a lack of communication. Hopefully, we will know soon just so this process is over with, it's been so stressful!
 
They told me it was almost full and just told me to keep up with my pre-requisite coursework. I'm assuming they will not take people off until the deadline for the first round of people taken off (I think May 5th?) because they will not know how many seats are open until after then. They said when a seat becomes available they will look at everyone's application again and notify who is getting an acceptance. I think it's just a waiting game now.
Weird how they couldn't disclose an approximate number and how many alternates were on the list =/
 
So I just talked to admission. She said the class is full but that there is still time until classes start for them to potentially call people from the alternative list 😢
 
So I just talked to admission. She said the class is full but that there is still time until classes start for them to potentially call people from the alternative list 😢
Thanks so much for letting us know! I saw someone on facebook that accepted seats to both Michigan and Western because they're still trying to decide which school to go to so hopefully that's the case with some of the other people too 😂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay!! So happy and excited for you!!
Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

Quick question. Do you have until the 20th to answer?
Thank you all so much! I guess it's true what they say, it only takes one acceptance... literally Western was the only school that gave me a chance and I'm so grateful and excited haha

Yes it said I had until May 20th to reply to the offer of acceptance! I accepted and paid my deposit last night!