This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for the people waiting for their app to be reviewed by the committee...I was told today that they are in the process of sending out decisions right now. So not too long for us now. I really don’t know if there will be a third interview but we still have a chance to make it in this Saturday! :D :xf::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call from Marcos himself! Good luck everyone and I can't wait to meet the rest of you! :) From the girl in the pink jacket

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call this morning. So excited cant wait to meet the rest of you in may!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hello! Just checking if anyone else here is on the alternate list and if yes have you guys heard back yet? Being stuck in limbo is stressful.

Hello Everyone! I've joined this conversations quite late, but i wanted to see if anyone out there is still waiting for an interview date in April, or if anyone has received an invitation to this interview?

Hi Everyone, just a quick update since I was very active in this thread... this time was not my time, but It’s okay. I know this is my calling so I will not give up. I think everything unfolded as it should. I will be reapplying next year. Truly hope that you guys will show me the way next year. Wish you all the very best and I hope all of you link to your program! I am rooting for you!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi MSMSers,

So I've been waitlisted this whole month.........

& Omg guys, I just found out I got in from the letter of acceptance from Kathy Ford :'D from my status update.

I think there is a bug on the form for my acceptance though and it is not allowing me to accept admission since I accepted alternate status previously.
Does anyone know how to navigate this? Has any other alternates got accepted and have gone through the same thing?

I'm kind of in shock and disbelief because honestly I thought I interviewed pretty awkwardly. I almost feel that I might have been sent a mistake admission or something or my mind is playing tricks on me b/c I'm in denial. I felt like it was one of my most awkward interviews ever. I barely slept the night before the interview. On top of that, my name tag kept falling off and nearly every interviewer & interviewee in the February interviews knew. -____-

PS: If anyone here is losing hope, hang in there! There's still a chance. Love you all. Sending all the good vibes.

With love,
~activepotato5678

Reactions: 3 users
Nvm! Admissions fixed the bug this morning

Still sending good vibes,
~activepotato

Reactions: 2 users
Hi MSMSers,

So I've been waitlisted this whole month.........

& Omg guys, I just found out I got in from the letter of acceptance from Kathy Ford :'D from my status update.

I think there is a bug on the form for my acceptance though and it is not allowing me to accept admission since I accepted alternate status previously.
Does anyone know how to navigate this? Has any other alternates got accepted and have gone through the same thing?

I'm kind of in shock and disbelief because honestly I thought I interviewed pretty awkwardly. I almost feel that I might have been sent a mistake admission or something or my mind is playing tricks on me b/c I'm in denial. I felt like it was one of my most awkward interviews ever. I barely slept the night before the interview. On top of that, my name tag kept falling off and nearly every interviewer & interviewee in the February interviews knew. -____-

PS: If anyone here is losing hope, hang in there! There's still a chance. Love you all. Sending all the good vibes.

With love,
~activepotato5678

Definitely not a mistake! Your acceptance was well deserved ;) Welcome to MSMS @ WesternU!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I know this thread is near it’s end, but when do applications open up for 2019 / 2020?

Thanks!

Hello all, I know this is an older thread but I have a question or two. Can any nontraditional applicants who have been out of a school for a while explain their experience with obtaining a recent science letter of recommendation. Seems like this will be my biggest challenge, as I feel I have lost touch with my undergraduate institution for a few years now. Any alternative recommendations allowed, or even old science letters that were once used for med school apps? Thank you in advance.

Hello all, I know this is an older thread but I have a question or two. Can any nontraditional applicants who have been out of a school for a while explain their experience with obtaining a recent science letter of recommendation. Seems like this will be my biggest challenge, as I feel I have lost touch with my undergraduate institution for a few years now. Any alternative recommendations allowed, or even old science letters that were once used for med school apps? Thank you in advance.
Sadly I believe you need them addressed to the program (and even it wasn't a requirement, it goes a long way toward boosting your likelihood of being accepted). Email Marcos Villa for confirmation. He can work with you.

Reactions: 1 user
Sadly I believe you need them addressed to the program (and even it wasn't a requirement, it goes a long way toward boosting your likelihood of being accepted). Email Marcos Villa for confirmation. He can work with you.
Thanks for the info!