WesternU MSMS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know the start date of the program? This is cutting it very close
Yah 1st week of June is start date. I thought we should hear back this week or next week according to last year.

Members don't see this ad.

I just reached out to my counselor. She said they still reviewing interviewed candidates, expect decision 2-4 weeks :(
I just heard this news too. They had a second interview date on 4/28 and decisions should now be “within the next couple of weeks”. Has anyone started getting their medical requirements done in case accepted?

I just heard this news too. They had a second interview date on 4/28 and decisions should now be “within the next couple of weeks”. Has anyone started getting their medical requirements done in case accepted?
Would you mind sharing what the medical requirements are. I can't seem to find them online.
Thank you !

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know why there would be secondary interviews? Does that mean that the first group wasn’t sufficient?

Reactions: 1 user
Would you mind sharing what the medical requirements are. I can't seem to find them online.
Thank you !
At the interview I heard we had to get a physical done. I’m not sure whether there’s a specific form we have to get filled out by our PCP.
I read on last year’s Interview day guidebook that we also need to get proof of immunization through serum blood titers?

Here’s the guidebook link, it is on page 7

At the interview I heard we had to get a physical done. I’m not sure whether there’s a specific form we have to get filled out by our PCP.
I read on last year’s Interview day guidebook that we also need to get proof of immunization through serum blood titers?

Here’s the guidebook link, it is on page 7
Hello, if you do get accepted you will need to have a complete physical before a certain time. I am not exactly sure of the due date. This includes a couple of forms filled out by your provider, vaccines, and lab work.
To prepare for ISAC it would be beneficial to start reviewing the anatomy of the bones.

Reactions: 1 users
What other SMP’s did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking?
I applied to DMU, EVMS, and NYMC. I didn't get into NYMC but I applied and got into DMU and EVMS. I was really counting on Western so that I can stay in California, but after hearing a lot of things, I decided I would be better off elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to DMU, EVMS, and NYMC. I didn't get into NYMC but I applied and got into DMU and EVMS. I was really counting on Western so that I can stay in California, but after hearing a lot of things, I decided I would be better off elsewhere.
If you don't mind sharing, what things you heard that made you change your mind?

Reactions: 2 users
Ive interned at DMU, great school!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pre-med and most likely accepting. I just want to verify a few things beforehand. Is the deadline to respond the same as the enrollment deposit?
Me too! I’m thinking of accepting. I’m just concerned about the disorganization former students have mentioned.

Do you know this is a direct linkage? No interview, only acceptance to COMP?

I am pre-med and most likely accepting. I just want to verify a few things beforehand. Is the deadline to respond the same as the enrollment deposit?
Sorry didn’t respond to your question… I actually don’t know. What day is the deposit due, I didn’t see it.

Me too! I’m thinking of accepting. I’m just concerned about the disorganization former students have mentioned.

Yeah, I haven’t heard anything specific or directly but previous posts that briefly speak about it make me nervous. I know not every program is perfect but it is a big financial investment…

From what I remember being mentioned during interviews was that if you have a minimum GPA of 3.1 (no more than 2 C’s) and 494 MCAT you’ll receive an interview for COMP

The deadline for enrollment deposit shown on my page is 5/19.

Congratulations to those who got accepted today !! I was wondering if any Pre-Dental applicants got an email as well?

It's a conditional linkage to a professional program -- you will still need to submit an application for your prospective program and complete an interview like open pool applicants.

Like others have said in prior threads, the program is essentially a year-long interview so it also depends on how well-perceived you are by faculty.

Yeah, I haven’t heard anything specific or directly but previous posts that briefly speak about it make me nervous. I know not every program is perfect but it is a big financial investment…

From what I remember being mentioned during interviews was that if you have a minimum GPA of 3.1 (no more than 2 C’s) and 494 MCAT you’ll receive an interview for COMP

The deadline for enrollment deposit shown on my page is 5/19.
Do you know if that GPA req is all undergrad cumulative? or In the program itself?

For everyone who received acceptances yesterday, were you all from the first interview date! Anyone from the 2nd?

Does anyone know when the first day of the ISAC is? I know the orientation date is 6/6, Tuesday. I was told that last year, the first class was 6/12.

Does anyone know when the first day of the ISAC is? I know the orientation date is 6/6, Tuesday. I was told that last year, the first class was 6/12.
I just called their admissions advisors and they are going to update the information on the website. She said Orientation is June 5th and that anatomy course starts June 12th.

I just called their admissions advisors and they are going to update the information on the website. She said Orientation is June 5th and that anatomy course starts June 12th.
Oh thanks for the update. Their official site shows the orientation date as June,6th. I guess the admissions’s office is correct then. Are you able to access the school email yet? Mine is not working.

If you haven’t heard anything it’s probably a bad sign right? I’ve been waiting to hear back ever since others got their decisions and I even emailed the admissions office and they said remaining decisions were going to come out at the end of the day (yesterday). Has anyone who didn’t hear back on Monday heard anything?

If you haven’t heard anything it’s probably a bad sign right? I’ve been waiting to hear back ever since others got their decisions and I even emailed the admissions office and they said remaining decisions were going to come out at the end of the day (yesterday). Has anyone who didn’t hear back on Monday heard anything?
Im waiting for a response.. ☹️

I am waiting as well !
Did anyone recently hear back from the admissions?

I just got an email. What are the chances of getting off the waitlist as a Pre-Dental applicant?

Does anyone know how long is the summer anatomy course? Will we start fall semester right away or there will be a break?

Does anyone know how long is the summer anatomy course? Will we start fall semester right away or there will be a break?
ISAC is scheduled to end on July 31, and school-wide orientation starts on August 7 so you'll have a little less than a week between ISAC and when the fall semester begins.

Is ISAC part of Sparc?
No, ISAC is a 6 week lab course that both DO and MSMS students take for a grade. SPaRC is a standalone 3 week online course that is offered to newly admitted students from various WesternU programs. I may be wrong, but I don't think students receive a grade for SPaRC.

No, ISAC is a 6 week lab course that both DO and MSMS students take for a grade. SPaRC is a standalone 3 week online course that is offered to newly admitted students from various WesternU programs. I may be wrong, but I don't think students receive a grade for SPaRC.
Is ISAC in person? Do you know when it starts?

Is ISAC in person? Do you know when it starts?
ISAC is an anatomy lab course so it's in person. The lab portion starts June 20, and MSMS students have bone bootcamp the week before. Last year, bone bootcamp was 2 days but in previous years, it was a week so I'm not sure if they will keep the same format for your cohort. I would expect bone bootcamp to start some time during the week of June 12.

ISAC is an anatomy lab course so it's in person. The lab portion starts June 20, and MSMS students have bone bootcamp the week before. Last year, bone bootcamp was 2 days but in previous years, it was a week so I'm not sure if they will keep the same format for your cohort. I would expect bone bootcamp to start some time during the week of June 12.
Where did you find this info? Having a hard time locating it on the website.

How did people get their western email? Trying to figure out how I'm supposed to sign into the portal and everything.