WesternU MSMS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did people get their western email? Trying to figure out how I'm supposed to sign into the portal and everything.
After you accept your offer (and I think pay the deposit) the application status page will update and will show your WesternU email with instructions. However, I’m not sure it will update immediately after. I accepted my offer around 9pm on a weekday and I didn’t see the update until the next day around noon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten their Western U email or student ID? I've been trying to request other services and can't do that until I get it. I accepted like several days ago, but still can't find my email/login info.

Does anyone know when exactly the first day of class is? I got an email that the orientation is on June 6th. Does the first class start a week after orientation, like June 12th..? I do not see any summer class schedule updated on WesternU blackboard yet.

Does anyone know when exactly the first day of class is? I got an email that the orientation is on June 6th. Does the first class start a week after orientation, like June 12th..? I do not see any summer class schedule updated on WesternU blackboard yet.
Orientation is June 5th. Class starts the 6th.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys received any emails regarding the orientation? Where it's held and what time etc? or online??
Or even the summer class schedule and where??

Have you guys received any emails regarding the orientation? Where it's held and what time etc? or online??
Or even the summer class schedule and where??
Nope. I check canvas daily in case there’s a syllabus on there with the info but I only get a “failed to log in” page because “an account has not been created” for me.

Nope. I check canvas daily in case there’s a syllabus on there with the info but I only get a “failed to log in” page because “an account has not been created” for me.
The school does not use Canvas/Blackboard to manage your courses, that is why you have been getting those errors. You will be introduced to Elentra and how to use it during the "mini orientation."

Reactions: 2 users
Can we start a groupme or maybe discord for MSMS 2023?

Does anyone know where the orientation is held?? No one is answering the detailed info?? I was told the orientation is on June 5th, 8:30am. That's all.. Parking permit as well, i posted up there where to get the parking permit based on the Bursar's office's email I received but it does not show where/how exactly purchase the permit. So I called the school they do not know either..And most of the admissions' office advisors are not in the office..

Does anyone know where the orientation is held?? No one is answering the detailed info?? I was told the orientation is on June 5th, 8:30am. That's all.. Parking permit as well, i posted up there where to get the parking permit based on the Bursar's office's email I received but it does not show where/how exactly purchase the permit. So I called the school they do not know either..And most of the admissions' office advisors are not in the office..
Orientation is Monday June 5 @0900 and the first lecture will be Tuesday June 6 @1pm
Parking: we have to purchase daily parking permits until fall semester begins

Orientation is Monday, June 5 @0900 and the first lecture will be Tuesday, June 6 @1pm
Parking: we have to purchase daily parking permits until fall semester begins
Thanks for the update! My email was updating while I was posting the questions here! I have the info as well here in my email too!
See you guys on Monday!

Hello everyone! I'm currently working on my personal statement but I'm not sure how to write it. I know I need to speak about the experiences that shaped my decision to go into medicine, but I'm unsure what kind of "speaking structure" to have. I've seen many example PS from accepted medical students and their PS are very much like they are story-telling from a chapter book! Here is the link to the example PS that I saw.

https://www.healthdiversity.pitt.edu/sites/default/files/SNMAPersonalStatementsvol2_2_.pdf

I was going to write a straightforward and serious personal statement but now I'm not too sure on how to go about it, how did you write yours? Was it serious and straight to the point? Or was it whimsical and flowy like the examples I sent you? This is difficult and scary to navigate as I don't want to end up blowing my chance to get accepted if my personal statement is too "boring" or "monotone" compared to the examples.

Thank you!

Hi everyone could anyone go over what their summer and fall schedule looked like. Are classes every single day of the week and what times do they run from and until?

Thanks