This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future_Doc1997

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this may be kind of long...

I’m not the smartest, but I am a hard worker. Averaging B’s in most of my classes needed to take (i do have a few C’s) However one horrible semester brought my GPA down tremendously & it’s been hard trying to bring it back up (currently at a 2.58) I’m taking summer courses, I have 3 more full semesters and I’m taking summer classes in between, do you think it’s possible I could be able to get a 3.3-3.5 at least?? I’m going to retake the courses that I didn’t do so swell in that brought my GPA down! But would medical schools look down upon that, my freshman year wasn’t the best and I been going up ever since...(until that bad semester). I’m not the smartest, I work extra hard just to get average and it’s extremely discouraging soemtimes. I know my MCAT score can “level” out with my GPA I just don’t want it seem as if I’m not as competitive or good enough as other applicants because of my GPA. I’m well rounded..in organizations, I volunteer, shadow, have paid clinical hours, etc, so stressed. And the advisors at my undergrad college aren’t the best...what do you think? What are my chances??

Members don't see this ad.