What schools should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terrapintennisplayer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my senior year with a 3.87 cumulative gpa and a 3.92 science gpa. Graduating with 2 business degrees and. Got a 511 on my MCAT 129/125/129/128, My CARS section was my weakest by far but I can't help it. Have a four years of research in psychology, a summer at NIH, and lab research for 9 months. Volunteering at church as a teacher for the past 4 years and a relief organization for the past year and a half. Leadership in sports club and RA. What schools should I apply to and what are my chances?
Clinical month and a half of shadowing. 9 months in the hospital volunteering and two weeks in peru shadowing doctors. currently started a scribe job.
I live in MD
My tentative list is:

George Washington

Georgetown

University of Maryland

Sidney Kimmel Thomas Jefferson University

Virginia Commonwealth University

Temple University

Wake Forest

V-tech

Miami

USHUS

Emory

Hopkins

Dartmouth

Brown

Baylor

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your state of residence? Do you have access to MSAR?

I recommend:

U VM

USF Morsani (maybe)

Miami

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Emory

USC/Keck

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Oakland B

Hofstra

Your state school(s).

Any DO program

I just finished my senior year with a 3.87 cumulative gpa and a 3.92 science gpa. Graduating with 2 business degrees and. Got a 511 on my MCAT 129/125/129/128, My CARS section was my weakest by far but I can't help it. Have a four years of research in psychology, a summer at NIH, and lab research for 9 months. Volunteering at church as a teacher for the past 4 years and a relief organization for the past year and a half. Leadership in sports club and RA. What schools should I apply to and what are my chances?
Clinical month and a half of shadowing. 9 months in the hospital volunteering and two weeks in peru shadowing doctors. currently started a scribe job.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maryland and yes but I wanted to see what other people thought.

Having a few reaches (Baylor, Hopkins) is ok, but it would be wise to add some schools from Goro's list that are within your stats range: Rosalind Franklin, MCW, Creighton, St Louis type of schools.

GW, Georgetown, Jefferson get a lot of apps
Brown takes a large portion from their undergrad
Darthmouth likes non-trads with unique backgrounds.

I would replace some of these with schools from Goro's list