What state would you move to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QiasTheKid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was home over Easter break, and a couple of my siblings are aware I'm applying to medical school next year, so we got to talking about what makes you a competitive applicant, blah, blah.

Admittedly, I am very borderline (3.6/3.4/31), so I jokingly said that I should probably just move to Florida or Texas.

But that got me thinking, I'm curious as to whether or not people actually do this. And, secondly, after reviewing the charts from AAMC, it seems as if West Virginia is a better bet than TX...would've thought?

Also, for interest's sake, I'm from Vermont, which is awesome to its residents, and I do not plan on moving anytime soon if I can help it!

Members don't see this ad.

Mississippi. Have u seen their MCAT averages? It's ridiculous and they have over 140 seats every year with ~300 applying.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Mississippi. Have u seen their MCAT averages? It's ridiculous and they have over 140 seats every year with ~300 applying.

Bro, check out North Dakota on MSAR. It's basically a done deal if you have a pulse haha. Jokes...jokes..

Reactions: 1 user
Bro, check out North Dakota on MSAR. It's basically a done deal if you have a pulse haha. Jokes...jokes..

(matriculated/interviewed/applicants)
ND: 29 median with only 59/108/123 accepted IS (also 19 OOS accepted)
MS: 28 median with 145/233/310 accepted IS (0 OOS accepted)

So MS has a lower MCAT, more than twice as many seats, no OOS, and nicer weather? But there might be some racism still present in MS? lol jk