What's so bad about 1800PetMeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

All I have to say to everyone that is bashing 1800PetMeds based on the fact that they are reducing vets salaries is that the United States is a capitalist society, if you don't like that then move to Cuba. Whoever offers the best services at the best prices is going to win, and I totally support that...end of Story. Now, quality of medicine is a totally different issue that I am not going to discuss right now.

Um, please bother to actually read the thread next time.

This is NOT why we are bashing PetMeds. In fact, points were made encompassing what you just stated, which then went on to criticize PetMeds for OTHER reasons.

(CookieBear has an excellent post on this, btw.)

It looks to me like you're just trying to inflame folks even more.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually, I am not trying to inflame anyone and I personally have no vested interest in either the veterinarians or 1800PetMeds pervailing. As someone who is going to work for the USPHS, I could care less about pharmaceutical prices. All I am saying is that until one of you orders the pills, performs GC-MS/HPLC/NMR and show me the proof that the products are inferior, I see no harm in ordering from them because as a pharmacy they are under the same restrictions are CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens/any other regulated pharmacy. As for their customer service, I admit that it leaves something to be desired but if someone is on a tight budget then let them deal with 1800PetMeds lack of politeness by going to pick up the RX from the Vet and mail it in themself.



I do NOT have the time to quote to you all of the many reasons and examples of how and why PetMeds has been performing ILLEGAL business practices that are AGAINST the oh-so-sacred FDA regulations.

Nobody here is complaining about the "lack of politeness" or the customer service. We could care less. We're pointing out that jade is being needlessly rude (and borderline mentally challenged) on this forum.

READ THE THREAD.
 
Do you really think that 1800-PetMeds employees post on forums to respond to veterinary students comments? Who cares what Jade has to say? What kind of business would let an employee come on a forum to respond and if they don't know that Jade is posting then if they do find out she will be fired because I am sure that she probably doesn't have authorization from the company. Simply put, whether Jade is an employee or not, her comments are off base and I am positive the company would not want her representing it. So move on because I am debating the facts of 1800-PetMeds and not Jades comments.

Then what exactly were you debating? Nobody here mentioned the customer service. You brought it up. I was doing you the favor of assuming you were referring to something that was actually said on this thread. The closest I could come to was what was being said about jade.

Read the thread. Please.

allie, over and out...not worth my time.
 
HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead.
HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead.
HeadOn. Apply directly to the forehead.
HeadOn is available without a prescription at pharmacies nationwide.

Oooh, sorry, thought we were having a most annoying commercial competition. My bad. :laugh:

Sweet. 👍:laugh:
 
dontfeedthetroll.jpg


😉
 
Sorry to burst your bubble but it wouldn't include any of the private information,its just a screen that would show your more or less full of it... just wanted to prove you wrong as always 🙂
 
that would probably require calling the client first to ask for their permission to give out their information to you... 🙄👎

Pulling up records shows no personal information just a screen that shows whether said last name has had scripts mailed in, faxed in or called in .. nice try though 🙂
 
Do you really think that 1800-PetMeds employees post on forums to respond to veterinary students comments? Who cares what Jade has to say? What kind of business would let an employee come on a forum to respond and if they don't know that Jade is posting then if they do find out she will be fired because I am sure that she probably doesn't have authorization from the company. Simply put, whether Jade is an employee or not, her comments are off base and I am positive the company would not want her representing it. So move on because I am debating the facts of 1800-PetMeds and not Jades comments.

Aww thats sweet you think I should be fired because you can't handle what I have to say, well lets see for staters it wouldn't matter in less I was bashing the company. I'm not I love the company I work for and It irkks me to see such bull posted on an internet forum about them 🙂what part of my comments are off base dear, yea my grammar is pretty bad but thats about it... I'm banking your just too thick headed in your own ways to show any proof... Doesn't matter Im done talking, you keep spreading whatever bull you want to and well keep handing out forms for customers to report unethical vets and well keep supporting the many vets out in la la land who do it for the pets 🙂 have a nice day kiddos
 
Pulling up records shows no personal information just a screen that shows whether said last name has had scripts mailed in, faxed in or called in .. nice try though 🙂

There is no need to post the same thing twice. You could even answer all the posts in one response.

This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. People have anecdotal experience that you are disputing. While you may believe in the infallibility of your peers and company, others will not, no matter what you say. When people have brought up other issues, you choose not to respond to those issues.

I would just like to point out that in all companies, there are people that don't follow the rules, whether or not they are checked by the FDA is of no importance. I'm sure the problems causing concern have happened. What's more disturbing is your belief that vets are the problem. Vets are the most trusted profession. People trust their vets over their doctors. Where do you get this distrust from? The low percentage that have had a bad experience?
 
My experience was that, at best, they were a pain in the butt and did take away income from the hospital.

Scenario: Employee checks the fax machine in the morning, finds 5 faxes from 1-800-PETMEDS, mostly requesting HW preventative. Employee then has to spend time looking up every patient and figure out if they have an up-to-date HWT, and if so, how long their current test is good for. Have to call 1-800-PETMEDS and let them know that this one can have 12 months' worth, this one can have 6 months' worth, and these two can't have anything until they come in for a HWT. And inevitably, there are at least a couple that we can't find in the computer. Is it because they have never been here? Or is it because we have their pet in the computer under a different name (e.g. spouses with different last names)? Don't know. Have to call 1-800-PETMEDS and let them know about the situation, ask them if they could call the client and figure out if their pet's records might be under a different name. Ginormous pain in the butt. It can easily take several hours of staff time a week, all so another company can profit off a service we are equally capable of providing ourselves.

Without getting into any other issues (which I can't contribute anything to anyway), I can say that I would find it perfectly reasonable for a practice to refuse to deal with 1-800-PETMEDS. Anything that takes staff time while at the same time diverting money away from the practice is something that a practice owner could very understandably find objectionable.
 
My experience was that, at best, they were a pain in the butt and did take away income from the hospital.

Scenario: Employee checks the fax machine in the morning, finds 5 faxes from 1-800-PETMEDS, mostly requesting HW preventative. Employee then has to spend time looking up every patient and figure out if they have an up-to-date HWT, and if not, how long their current test is good for. Inevitably, there are at least a couple that we can't find in the computer. Is it because they have never been here? Or is it because we have pet in the computer under a different name (e.g. spouses with different last names)? Don't know. Have to call 1-800-PETMEDS and let them know about the situation, ask them if they could call the client and figure out if their pet's records might be under a different name. Ginormous pain in the butt. It can easily take several hours of staff time a week, all so another company can profit off a service we are equally capable of providing ourselves.

Without getting into any other issues (which I can't contribute anything to anyway), I can say that I would find it perfectly reasonable for a practice to refuse to deal with 1-800-PETMEDS. Anything that takes staff time while at the same time diverting money away from the practice is something that a practice owner could very understandably find objectionable.

When you put it that way, it really does make sense to not deal with them. If it was just a matter of writing out the script, that's really not a big deal, but this would be kind of annoying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In reference to pulling up that record...for you it might be a dark screen with only a name, BUT for him to pull up the records he would have access to confidential information about the client and pet that should not be sent via PM or otherwise because it is against the law.

I was insulted by your attitude, name calling, and immaturity, and I would please ask you to just drop the argument since you are not even considering the fact that it is a possibility that your company is not perfect. I should hope that in the future, when debating a topic with a colleague, you look to reason and are more concerned about what you can learn rather than only winning....after all we are all older than the third grade. Obviously you are unwilling to believe the experiences of several intelligent people.

In several posts, we acknowledged that you may not be aware of your companies problems, or even that it was in the past and that we are still having problems trusting the company. Thus, we attempted to understand you and your argument something that you have refused to do for us. Overall, I think that this is getting out of hand. We shared our opinions and you have shared yours, including insulting the veterinary community as well as someone who was trying to defend you. I recommend that the next time you bring you animal to your veterinarian you ask them why or why not they deal with petmeds, though please be respectful. It may be easier for you to have an intelligent discussion when you have a personal relationship with a person rather than a computer screen.

I wish you luck in pharmacy school, I know that it is a very rigorous program. I just hope that you will treat your peers with more respect than you have shown us.
 
In reference to pulling up that record...for you it might be a dark screen with only a name, BUT for him to pull up the records he would have access to confidential information about the client and pet that should not be sent via PM or otherwise because it is against the law.

I was insulted by your attitude, name calling, and immaturity, and I would please ask you to just drop the argument since you are not even considering the fact that it is a possibility that your company is not perfect. I should hope that in the future, when debating a topic with a colleague, you look to reason and are more concerned about what you can learn rather than only winning....after all we are all older than the third grade. Obviously you are unwilling to believe the experiences of several intelligent people.

In several posts, we acknowledged that you may not be aware of your companies problems, or even that it was in the past and that we are still having problems trusting the company. Thus, we attempted to understand you and your argument something that you have refused to do for us. Overall, I think that this is getting out of hand. We shared our opinions and you have shared yours, including insulting the veterinary community as well as someone who was trying to defend you. I recommend that the next time you bring you animal to your veterinarian you ask them why or why not they deal with petmeds, though please be respectful. It may be easier for you to have an intelligent discussion when you have a personal relationship with a person rather than a computer screen.

I wish you luck in pharmacy school, I know that it is a very rigorous program. I just hope that you will treat your peers with more respect than you have shown us.

:bow::clap::bow:
 
Aww thats sweet you think I should be fired because you can't handle what I have to say, well lets see for staters it wouldn't matter in less I was bashing the company. I

"in less"

It must be really hard for you to work anywhere that requires you to write.

Your grammar is beyond bad. There isn't a single veterinarian that need even make a defense against your statements. You destroy your own credibility through your 2nd grade writing level.

I truly feel bad for you.

Most special ed. students are a lot easier to get along with.
 
1800petmeds is unethical. They cannot garantee their products and if you talk to a rep from merial or any other pharmaceutical company, they will confirm that. Because you cannot be 100% sure that the product you are getting from petmeds is actually the product you want, if your pet has a reaction to that medication, the company will not garantee it. The box may say Frontline, but there is no garantee that it is actually frontline in the tube. If your doctor declines the rx refill, it doesn't matter. Petmeds has a list of unethical doctors who will authorize it anyway. Ok, that's my soap box!
 
From the 2006 Annual Report listed by fetch:

Our customer care representatives receive a base salary and are rewarded with commissions for sales

We currently purchase a portion of our prescription and non-prescription medications from third party distributors and we are not an authorized distributor of these products...
What?!

Our motto is "Do whatever it takes to make the customer happy!"

Their motto should be to provide the best medicine possible that is appropriate for the pet! If all I did as a vet was do what the customers wanted just to make them happy, I would be a terrible vet. I can't count how many customers just wanted to buy the Heartguard/Interceptor/Sentinal etc. w/out a blood test. It makes you wonder if any of the sales reps. slip these requests through to make the extra commission...
 
philomycus:
My apologizes if you think continuing this thread is equivalent to beating a dead horse, however, new people join this forum every day. I just recently joined and I would like to express my opinions too. PetMeds will be an issue that new vets will have to deal with and an educated opinion is better than none at all.

*Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but that's just how I viewed it
🙂
 
I think the dead horse could also be interpreted as 1800petmeds. to be honest, their own lit just SUNK them. It would be interesting to see if the reps come back ..... 😀
 
philomycus:
*Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but that's just how I viewed it
🙂

Yes....that's why I put a 😀 after the dead horse.

"I think the dead horse could also be interpreted as 1800petmeds. to be honest, their own lit just SUNK them. It would be interesting to see if the reps come back ."

Yes, that was what I was getting at.....plus, I've always wanted to use that horse smiley 😀 !
 
As a licensed pharmacy 1-800-PetMeds only dispense U.S. FDA/ EPA approved medications the same exact medications sold by your veterinarian and we honor all manufacturers' guarantees. We guarantee complete satisfaction on pet meds, supplies and service. There's no better guarantee! If veterinarians are not happy with us that's one thing. That doesn't change the facts.
 
Oh, Trever, you have no idea what you're opening yourself up for...

I could go on VIN and cut and paste all of the stories about your company prescribing the incorrect medication or engaging in quesitonable--if not illegal--acts.

Do you REALLY want us to back up everything we're saying? 🙂 We already quoted the statement to your shareholders.

🙂 Oy vey.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The amount of time it would take to empty vials of flea meds... or to actually pay someone to do it... Why aren't any of you whining about PetCare RX, Walgreen's pharmacy or the one online pharmacy veterinarians get a kick-back on: VetCentric? Can anyone say sour grapes?
 
Alliecat44: I could go on VIN and cut and paste all of the stories about your company prescribing the incorrect medication or engaging in quesitonable--if not illegal--acts.

Trever: Can anyone say sour grapes?

Can anyone say "changing the subject to avoid being bombarded with data about incorrect/expired/mislabeled prescriptions and shady business practices"?

Why aren't any of you whining about PetCare RX, Walgreen's pharmacy or the one online pharmacy veterinarians get a kick-back on: VetCentric?

Psstt...maybe because the topic of this thread is 1800PetMeds? I doubt you'll find people here praising ANY internet pharmacy, if that is what you were implying. We simply chose to focus on one. If you want to make another thread go ahead.
 
The amount of time it would take to empty vials of flea meds... or to actually pay someone to do it... Why aren't any of you whining about PetCare RX, Walgreen's pharmacy or the one online pharmacy veterinarians get a kick-back on: VetCentric? Can anyone say sour grapes?

Simple, Trever: because none of these pharmacies have a track record of illegal practices.

btw, WhtstheFrequency: I'll be in Athens on Sunday. Whoo-hoo! Having drinks at the 40 Watt...will have one for you. 😉
 
Trever, honey, back up what we're writing? Why? Your company doesn't even bother to deny what they do is engage in illegal and unethical business practices:

http://images.1800petmeds.com/images...nualReport.pdf

The onus is on you. You're the voice of dissent, saying it isn't true despite the mountain of evidence from individuals and your company itself to the contrary. Okay, then, prove what you claim. Please provide documentation clearly demonstrating PME has compensated customer's in instances of documented HWP failure that occurred despite administeration of the HWP according to labeled manufacturer directions purchased from PME. It would have to be remuneration directly from PME because the manufacturers certainly won't honor their guarantee if the product came from your company since PME is not an authorized retailer.

By the way, page 10 of the above .pdf file may be of personal interest considering if the lawsuit is successful, PME may be downsizing in the near future and that very well may include your job...

I would let this drop, sweetheart. You have now repeatedly come back here for the sole purpose of making derogatory and insulting posts without any proof of your claims - to "stir the pot" so to speak. You've now been asked nicely and clearly to either "put up or shut up" regarding the claims you have made on behalf of PME. If you don't, I will consider it just another form of PME harassment and will report you accordingly.

Have a nice day.