This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. ThorStrange

Reaction score
A friend and I were discussing this the other day :laugh:.
He is freaking out because he hasn't received any II so far :nailbiting:.
My response was that there is still hope to receive II because he submitted all his secondaries before Thanksgiving and many schools have deadlines for secondaries all the way until January. Some of his secondaries were even submitted way earlier. I think he just needs to be patient and will eventually get an II....because he applied very broadly o_O.

What do you guys think?
Why do you think he hasn't received any II yet? :thinking:

Members don't see this ad.

impossible to say without his stats or ECs, but med school apps are a crapshoot anyway. People with ****-tier apps have gotten IIs while stellar apps see nothing but radio silence, thats how it is sometimes.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
impossible to say without his stats or ECs, but med school apps are a crapshoot anyway. People with ****-tier apps have gotten IIs while stellar apps see nothing but radio silence, thats how it is sometimes.

Yeah exactly what this guy said. Just adding my two cents in, I got an interview invite in late March last year, got accepted mid April. Weird things happen

Members don't see this ad :)
It's likely that they haven't gotten to his app yet at most schools. The SDN wisdom is that secondaries submitted before Labor Day are considered on time, so they will probably get to him after the new year. BUT I did submit a secondary to a school on November 15 and got an II from them in a week...and this was one that told me all their II slots were pretty much gone lol sometimes you just never know :shrug:

Submitting secondaries right before Thanksgiving or in the month of November, or October for that matter is a little late for MD schools. If you're talking about DO schools though, it's perfectly fine, but stats is also something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses!

Better go get my friend's hopes up!

Wish him luck!!!! ;)

He mentioned that his LizzyM is 60-65 but has good experiences....could the LizzyM be the reason he hasn’t got any II?

Hopefully his ECs can save him.

Wish him lots of luck!! :(:unsure:

He mentioned that his LizzyM is 60-65 but has good experiences....could the LizzyM be the reason he hasn’t got any II?

Hopefully his ECs can save him.

Wish him lots of luck!! :(:unsure:

The Thanksgiving rule applies here. Anyone who hasn't received an interview invite by Thanksgiving should start working in earnest

Encourage him to take a good look at this application and think about ways he can improve between now and June 2020 when he should be in a good position to reapply. A second cycle should include DO schools. ECs rarely make up for relatively weak grades and scores. (Relative to other applicants -- keep in mind that <45% of applicants get admitted to even one school in a given cycle).

Reactions: 3 users
The Thanksgiving rule applies here. Anyone who hasn't received an interview invite by Thanksgiving should start working in earnest

Encourage him to take a good look at this application and think about ways he can improve between now and June 2020 when he should be in a good position to reapply. A second cycle should include DO schools. ECs rarely make up for relatively weak grades and scores. (Relative to other applicants -- keep in mind that <45% of applicants get admitted to even one school in a given cycle).
As a follow up to my learned colleague, ALL applicants should consider themselves rejected and working on their Plan B until they have that accept email inthier Inbox.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.