This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passenger608

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm currently completing my 4th year. I'll graduate and be done with my studies in May. I have a general area of the country that I want to live in and finally start living my adult life, so every once in a while i scope out the area to see if any practices are hiring. Right now there seems to be quite a few.

However, I'm still about 8 months away from graduation, which got me thinking:: When is it appropriate to apply for your first job?

Members don't see this ad.

I usually would say about 6 months before you graduate. Although I sent out tickler e-mails to places I was interested in working at when I started my 4th year just to introduce myself and start a dialogue.

Reactions: 1 user
I would start now... if the business likes you they will wait until you finish. One of the problems about waiting until you graduate is that you enter the job market at the exact same time as hundreds of others and then it is more competitive. I would try now to get some connections.