When to start doing Uworld? (+ Uworld tips)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sage of Pale Bones

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

So my plan for the MCAT was to use TBR + Kaplan for content review and Uworld as my main question bank. I hope to get through Uword so I want to start asap but my concern is how much content review do I need to get done before I start Uworld?

Is there a certain way to limit the Uworld questions to only topics you have studied?

Members don't see this ad.

It’s always a good idea to do questions throughout. I did AAMC questions from day one and I recommend doing that. You can start UWorld very early as well. You don’t need to do a ton of content before, but realize that you won’t get many questions right. I would focus more on the explanations from UWorld anyway because they are awesome.

you can do the questions by topic

Reactions: 1 user
It’s always a good idea to do questions throughout. I did AAMC questions from day one and I recommend doing that. You can start UWorld very early as well. You don’t need to do a ton of content before, but realize that you won’t get many questions right. I would focus more on the explanations from UWorld anyway because they are awesome.

you can do the questions by topic

This. A common mistake students make across MCAT and board studying is waiting too long to open UWorld. UW is as much a total learning system as it is question bank.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 2 users
You should build some sort of question system into your studying process from the beginning. I started UWorld after finishing my content review but I was using the Exam Krackers quizzes from day one. They are similar to UWorld in terms of difficulty but have less useful explanations.

You can make your own quizzes on UWorld by topic; it even allows you to break it down to specific topics within gen chem, physics, etc.

UWorld was the most useful study tool I used, right up there with full length AAMC practice exams. Good call on using it!

Members don't see this ad :)
You should build some sort of question system into your studying process from the beginning. I started UWorld after finishing my content review but I was using the Exam Krackers quizzes from day one. They are similar to UWorld in terms of difficulty but have less useful explanations.

You can make your own quizzes on UWorld by topic; it even allows you to break it down to specific topics within gen chem, physics, etc.

UWorld was the most useful study tool I used, right up there with full length AAMC practice exams. Good call on using it!

Hey do you like Uworld? Have you used Med-pathway 1600 question bank? contemplating if I should purchase them

I think UWorld after your review is ideal timing. Do it before you start AAMC, but after you have done all of your book passages. I really liked UWorld for P/S. It's their best section. Their CARS is decent too, but it honestly doesn't matter when you do their CARS. Just do it. I did their B/B after finishing my TBR sections and it was helpful. I skipped their C/P after a few questions because it wasn't as good as what I had been doing, so I moved straight from TBR passages to AAMC Q packs and SBs for C/P.

Hey do you like Uworld? Have you used Med-pathway 1600 question bank? contemplating if I should purchase them

I swear by UWorld! I contribute much of my success on test day to diligently doing 30ish UWorld questions a day + reviewing why I got questions wrong.

What is the med-pathway question bank? I just got the MCAT subscription.

I think UWorld after your review is ideal timing. Do it before you start AAMC, but after you have done all of your book passages. I really liked UWorld for P/S. It's their best section. Their CARS is decent too, but it honestly doesn't matter when you do their CARS. Just do it. I did their B/B after finishing my TBR sections and it was helpful. I skipped their C/P after a few questions because it wasn't as good as what I had been doing, so I moved straight from TBR passages to AAMC Q packs and SBs for C/P.

Agree, CARS can be done whenever.