This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ReginaldYee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When applying to american schools, should I take CASPer before or after the interview? Does it matter? Because the dates of the test are spread out over many months, all the way to the beginning of January, which would be after most of the interviews. In Canada, all of the CASPer dates are in October which is before the interviews.

*And yes I know only NYCM and Rutgers require it for the 2017 entering class.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to take it before you interview. In my experience Rutgers required it to be completed in order for your application to be marked complete and be sent for review.

Scores take a month+ to be received by schools so if you're applying to any of those schools I recommend taking it ASAP.

Last edited:
Illinois is requiring it this year as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to take it before you interview. In my experience Rutgers required it to be completed in order for your application to be marked complete and be sent for review.

Scores take a month+ to be received by schools so if you're applying to any of those schools I recommend taking it ASAP.

What the hell?! It takes a month? Holy **** that's so stupid I just submitted to Rutgers and I have CASPer set for the 10th... That means I'll be complete by August? Zzz

What the hell?! It takes a month? Holy **** that's so stupid I just submitted to Rutgers and I have CASPer set for the 10th... That means I'll be complete by August? Zzz
Yea you should take the July one if you can. Also the test has tons of issues with it crashing during the exam, so be prepared to have some issues when taking it. Sorry :/ good luck!

As others have said, I would suggest doing it as soon as possible as it does take weeks for it to be scored.