Where do I stand at the more established DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eeeeagle!!

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen all kinds of conflicting evidence on what are competitive stats for DO schools. I am very interested in osteopathic medicine. I'm planning on applying only DO and doing it early this cycle. I just want to know how I stack up for the more established DO programs like CCOM, PCOM, etc.

Thanks for any advice!

MCAT:505 on the 2015. but I made a 23 on the old one my first attempt when I took it kind of cold. I had to study for the GRE and that derailed my MCAT studies (I had already registered and then had a change of plan to go to grad school first).

Undergrad cGPA=3.56,sGPA=3.78

Graduate cGPA=3.97, sGPA=4.0

Shadowing:
5 DO's for 50 hours total, I feel like I got good quality experiences out of this and have seen a variety of osteopathic specialties and treatments
2 MD's for 40 hours total

Volunteered:
ER: 90 hours
Endoscopy Unit: 15 hours
ICU: 30 hours so far (ongoing)

Internship at Cardiopulmonary Rehab where I took patient vitals, placed electrodes, a care for patients through their therapy.

Hired as a medical scribe in a peds office and will start this summer. Will have at least 2 months experience before I apply.

Non-clinical Exp:
Member of exercise science club
relay for life volunteer multiple times
special olympics volunteer multiple times
Mission trip work
coached a childrens soccer team

Research:
Graduate Research Assistant - paid research experience in skeletal muscle function with age.
Graduate thesis work that used molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR
undergrad research assistant
Multiple Research Grants
Poster Presentation as a co-author

Members don't see this ad.

Seems good for DO and possibly some low tier MD's. Browse the MSAR to get a better picture of where your stats align for different schools. It's the best <$30 purchase I've made.

Seems good for DO and possibly some low tier MD's. Browse the MSAR to get a better picture of where your stats align for different schools. It's the best <$30 purchase I've made.
Thanks!