This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stay in North America, or go to U.K?

• North America

• U.K

Results are only viewable after voting.

SBAS12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was think of going into pharmacy school,but in Canada and the States the chances of being accepted are low (due to competition), and you never know after what year you will accepted. I.e after first year, second year, or third, or after you complete the four years of Bsc. So, I was thinking of going to the U.K where the MPharm is only four years and there is direct entry form High school? however, it is very expensive...so I wanna know what would you guys do in this situation ? Stay in North America and play the odds of being accepted? Or secure your future and apply and take the U.K offer??

P.S I know I would have to do tests and residency after I came back from the U.K if I went

Thank you !!!
Please vote above!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Depends on where you want to work. You should consider foreign grads have more hoops to jump through or may be forced to get a PharmD to practice in the states or Canada (depending on their laws for foreign licensure). Go to school where you want to ultimately practice.

Depends on where you want to work. You should consider foreign grads have more hoops to jump through or may be forced to get a PharmD to practice in the states or Canada (depending on their laws for foreign licensure). Go to school where you want to ultimately practice.
I wouldn't have to get my DPharm I have checked that, but the fact that it is less stress in terms of being accepted into pharmacy programs, MPharm makes me wanna practice there. But ultimately I would be ok practicing in Canada, or the U.K tbh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Save yourself the debt, aggravation, regret and disillusionment and don't go to pharmacy school

why do you say that? just wondering
Completely not worth it

At least in my case

But I just recently started ... Was at a place that didn't give me hours and now I'm back at the chain I was with as an intern

It sucks so far

Completely not worth it

At least in my case

But I just recently started ... Was at a place that didn't give me hours and now I'm back at the chain I was with as an intern

It sucks so far
is this in the states or Canada?