Which car you bringing to medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellinopedo182

Deleted User
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I am down to two cars now... i really wanna pull the trigger on any one of these but I am waiting first to hear from Western and for my cafe to sell. But if one of the two happens for the better... I will go ahead and purchase whichever one i feel more comfortable in.

1) BMW M6 - 2006
3971392465.230275641.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x376.jpg

3781462678.230275641.IM1.06.565x421_A.565x376.jpg

2) MB SL55 AMG - 2003
SL55_main.jpg

BUT, If i do not get into Western, I will be stuck getting one of these.
nyctransit051223ap.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

not actually mine, got the pic from the web, but i have the same one, only its in black, hardtop,black wheels with 2 inch lift.i only drive jeeps(cars made for men with large genitalia)

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh... my lamborghini of course! (I can't bring the Bimmer.... its only a 2006-- waaaay too old of a car for south Florida).

Now, if ellipedo & Tex really do have those types of cars...... that's awesome... people are going to mistake you for doctors if you get out of them wearing your white med student coat!

Back to my own reality.... I'm hoping my totally awesome 94 civic will hold out.... 1. to make a drive half way across the country to get to med school, and 2. the first two years...

... maybe by 3rd year I can upgrade... to a 2001 Civic! :)

Oh... my lamborghini of course! (I can't bring the Bimmer.... its only a 2006-- waaaay too old of a car for south Florida).

Now, if ellipedo & Tex really do have those types of cars...... that's awesome... people are going to mistake you for doctors if you get out of them wearing your white med student coat!

Back to my own reality.... I'm hoping my totally awesome 94 civic will hold out.... 1. to make a drive half way across the country to get to med school, and 2. the first two years...

... maybe by 3rd year I can upgrade... to a 2001 Civic! :)

ill go to clubs in the m6 and getting out ill leave a stethoscope around my neck... i think the white coat may be a little too flashy.

DeLoren --back to the future baby:)

that m6 is like 2 years tuition and that's including fricking living loans.

I want a hybrid of some type (not that I can afford a new car anytime soon). Every time I drive by a gas station, I die a little on the inside. $4/gallon is just too much.

that m6 is like 2 years tuition and that's including fricking living loans.

$65K my friend, used of course. Thats a whole years worth of tuition and living expense at Western. It's insane but I want it, and i'm insane. Aren't you a car fanatic too?

I'm a girl with simple needs.
r3208scralumappeargrillkv0.jpg

Sexy! I still have the 04 edition VW R32... Blue, 6spd, and leather seats (only option available). I love that car, its in VW right now because the AWD is not working. I am letting my little brother use it and he's already been in 3 accidents since he started driving it. :(

The SL500 i was driving for a while till i got T-boned... now it sits in the garage most of the time. Love the ride, doesn't have the thrill of the M6 and SL55, heck, even the R32. :) The black rims were added because of the accident.

n20011881_31924296_3514.jpg

Heres the M5 (before it got totaled) and the R32. My little brother is the one in the Red, i think i'm inside my fiances house.

img0098ke4.jpg

thats my fiance's brother and his friend.
img0101ql1.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
My dream car would be a hybrid Prius or Vue, but here is what I'm actually bringing:

1997 VW Jetta GLX VR6
jetta_p.jpg

2003 Saturn Vue
03-vue-hero.jpg

Of the 2 options you presented, I vote BMW. The M6 is freakin' sweet! Love love love it.

Ok, so I am down to two cars now... i really wanna pull the trigger on any one of these but I am waiting first to hear from Western and for my cafe to sell. But if one of the two happens for the better... I will go ahead and purchase whichever one i feel more comfortable in.

1) BMW M6 - 2006

2) MB SL55 AMG - 2003
SL55_main.jpg

nyctransit051223ap.jpg
...aka...."What was that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!"

$65K my friend, used of course. Thats a whole years worth of tuition and living expense at Western. It's insane but I want it, and i'm insane. Aren't you a car fanatic too?

Don't buy the BMW M6 if your going to Harlem. The half-life for a car like that in that area is about 90 minutes.

1997 VW Jetta GLX VR6
jetta_p.jpg

Yah, I've got the same car in green - and the hoods black. It's a fun car. I've got a moon roof.

That's what I'm bringing....

I'd go with the M6. No matter which car you go with though, I could run it over. :p

n2019139_43076405_5899.jpg

n2019139_43076404_5571.jpg

n2019139_43076408_6819.jpg

http://www.carsonpaper.nl/Mini%20Cooper%20S%20final%20edition.jpg

Loaded. So much fun to drive.

I'd go with the M6. No matter which car you go with though, I could run it over. :p

n2019139_43076405_5899.jpg

n2019139_43076404_5571.jpg

n2019139_43076408_6819.jpg

mmm...finally someone with a truck. Who cares about $4/gal gas, I love my truck :laugh:. Sweet Titan. I'll be bringing an 07 Tacoma. Needs new rims though :(

I love the Titan.

I don't think i'm going to get a car if I end in up in Harlem, dunno though.

What do you guys think of this?
800px-White_Viper_SRT-10.jpg

you will not need a car in NYC. it will only cause headaches.

I love the Titan.

I don't think i'm going to get a car if I end in up in Harlem, dunno though.

What do you guys think of this?
800px-White_Viper_SRT-10.jpg

I think it sceams, "LOOK AT ME! I HAVE A SMALL PENIS!!" :laugh:

I'm telling you man, go with the M6. It has balls and it still looks classy.

I think it sceams, "LOOK AT ME! I HAVE A SMALL PENIS!!" :laugh:

I'm telling you man, go with the M6. It has balls and it still looks classy.

the m6 screams PULL ME OVER AND I SELL ILLEGAL DRUGS OR AM THE HEIR TO THE HILTON DYNASTY.

but damn it looks so good. Would rather get a newer m5 though, don't like the coupe.

2002 toyota camry XLE. I am worried about the payments though...$305 a month + another $60 in insurance. Maybe it would be best to sell and get a beater?

the m6 screams PULL ME OVER AND I SELL ILLEGAL DRUGS OR AM THE HEIR TO THE HILTON DYNASTY.

but damn it looks so good. Would rather get a newer m5 though, don't like the coupe.

Paris has dated 2 Greek guys already... Thirds a charm. LOL.

What if I just like fast cars?

I don't know, I can see how one gets attracted to fast luxury cars. I myself am a fan to a degree. That being said, rolling around town in a flashy expensive car can be seen as just straight up obnoxious. Not so much because they are fast or of quality, but because they are used as elitist status symbols. It may be true that you simply enjoy fast, well engineered vehicles, but it is hard for others to see you in one and not think you are just showing off.

This is what I just got a month ago, but in blue. :love: 2008 Honda Civic. I drove from San Francisco to San Diego on 1 tank of gas (about 500 miles)! Gotta love that! ;)

honda-civic-sedan-1.jpg

This is what I just got a month ago, but in blue. :love: 2008 Honda Civic. I drove from San Francisco to San Diego on 1 tank of gas (about 500 miles)! Gotta love that! ;)

honda-civic-sedan-1.jpg

Wow, that must be nice! If I could get the financing I would so get a hybrid right now! My POS V6 Jetta gets less than 300miles/tank:thumbdown:thumbdown

I don't know, I can see how one gets attracted to fast luxury cars. I myself am a fan to a degree. That being said, rolling around town in a flashy expensive car can be seen as just straight up obnoxious. Not so much because they are fast or of quality, but because they are used as elitist status symbols. It may be true that you simply enjoy fast, well engineered vehicles, but it is hard for others to see you in one and not think you are just showing off.

Why should it matter what others think? If the dude likes fast cars that look exotic let him enjoy it.

2002 toyota camry XLE. I am worried about the payments though...$305 a month + another $60 in insurance. Maybe it would be best to sell and get a beater?

$305 + $60 per month is not that much to pay for a car. You don't need to be living like a bum or driving a POS while in school. Plus you're going to need reliable transportation in your 3rd and 4th year when you go do rotations.

What if I just like fast cars?

I can appreciate that. I like fast cars as well, I just don't like them overly flashy. I live on a ranch, so I've got a use for my big truck. But, I suppose if I lived in a more suburban area I might would drive a car. I actually was looking at the Audi S4 before I got my truck, however it just wasn't practical for me. I like that it's fast, classy and not overly flashy. A Viper though? To me that just screams D-bag. (Unless you race it on a track...SCCA type thing.)

And be careful once you get into practice too. I know around here it's frowned upon for physicians to drive flashy cars, etc. The last thing you want is for the public and for patients to think you're overpaid. A plastic surgeon around here just bought a Maserati and I don't think his partners were too thrilled about it....

I can appreciate that. I like fast cars as well, I just don't like them overly flashy. I live on a ranch, so I've got a use for my big truck. But, I suppose if I lived in a more suburban area I might would drive a car. I actually was looking at the Audi S4 before I got my truck, however it just wasn't practical for me. I like that it's fast, classy and not overly flashy. A Viper though? To me that just screams D-bag. (Unless you race it on a track...SCCA type thing.)

And be careful once you get into practice too. I know around here it's frowned upon for physicians to drive flashy cars, etc. The last thing you want is for the public and for patients to think you're overpaid. A plastic surgeon around here just bought a Maserati and I don't think his partners were too thrilled about it....

I can't wait until I do enough boob jobs to buy a Lambo'

hybrids....several studies showed that over the lifetime of the car, a Prius produces more CO2 than a Hummer. This is due to the manufacturing of the battery and extraction of Sulfur (somewhere in ON, Canada), to transport it to Japan, and then moving the whole car to the US. I don't know about the Vue, since it's made in the US. However, the CO2 costs to produce the battery are really high. I was very surprised myself to learn this.
The best eco-friendly option out there is a nice turbo diesel IMO.
Plus with a hybrid you cry when something goes wrong...only the dealership can work on it.

That looks like a '01, Tex. I'm bringing one of the same (SE7) I think. I can't stand the new square LR body styles - the older "safari" style Disco IIs are the way to go. Classic and capable, like Jeep Wranglers. :thumbup:

I have been building cars since I was a kid. I love cars! My first ride was a 02 wrx and I put a 2.5l sti block into it. Dodge viper flashy? I see how people may see it that way, I love the simplicity of the car and the power, v10 8.3l 500hp! I don't think its flashy. SL55 is flashy. M6 is too but I love the small v10 with 507hp stock. Bmw is more of a drivers car, I would love to get it in 6sp but they are hard to find, I guess smgiii it is. The e60 m5 is nice too spazzz great car I like the coupe better, I don't think the e60m5 looks as nice as the e39 m5.

1) BMW M6 - 2006

2) MB SL55 AMG - 2003
SL55_main.jpg

nyctransit051223ap.jpg

I have family members that own both (BMW and Mercedes) and I must say that I do enjoy driving the Mercedes more. It's my grandpa's, and it has that crazy sport-tronic (I have no idea if that is the right term) transmission where you can go from automatic to manual (minus the clutch of course), and its a smooth little car. However, I think I'd take the M6 just because I love M3, M4, and M6s!!

Might I recommend the Fiat 500? 50-60 mpg.
794px-1965_black_Fiat_500.jpg

I have been building cars since I was a kid. I love cars! My first ride was a 02 wrx and I put a 2.5l sti block into it. Dodge viper flashy? I see how people may see it that way, I love the simplicity of the car and the power, v10 8.3l 500hp! I don't think its flashy. SL55 is flashy. M6 is too but I love the small v10 with 507hp stock. Bmw is more of a drivers car, I would love to get it in 6sp but they are hard to find, I guess smgiii it is. The e60 m5 is nice too spazzz great car I like the coupe better, I don't think the e60m5 looks as nice as the e39 m5.

The a beauty of a car like an S series Audi or an M series BMW is that slight exterior modifications and different badging is all that distinguish them from an "average" Audi or BMW. For those less car savvy, they appear to be just really nice cars, not the insanely expensive beasts they really are.

I might see things differently as I grew up in an area where, if a doctor buys a Viper or a Maserati, people hear about it. I think the general consensus around here is that flashy physicians are bad for business.

But hey, if cars are your passion, do your thing. Just do the rest of us a favor and save the exotics for the weekend...drive a Honda to work. :laugh:

That looks like a '01, Tex. I'm bringing one of the same (SE7) I think. I can't stand the new square LR body styles - the older "safari" style Disco IIs are the way to go. Classic and capable, like Jeep Wranglers. :thumbup:
Mine is an '02. It is pretty sweet, but there always seems to be something "little" that needs to be fixed. The car pictured is not mine. Just one I found online. I don't really have one of mine, but its the same general idea.

GO WITH THE VIPER!!!

and if you want a super fast, stylish and luxurious sedan then you have to consider the E63 AMG or E55 AMG.