Which car you bringing to medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also forgot to mention the car I'm bringing to med school for real...

gtrr34_02.jpg

Take that mercedes and bmw... sorry, but a Skyline takes the cake forever and ever. RB26DETT mmmmm

Members don't see this ad.

gtrr34_02.jpg

Take that mercedes and bmw... sorry, but a Skyline takes the cake forever and ever. RB26DETT mmmmm

damn, hot ride. u gotta bring by Tourocom.

my ride for next year, can't wait to tear this thing down the streets of new york
475254737_7fdd196c94.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
As for wheel repair, I don't know much about actually being able to repair rims. Probably for the cost of repairing them you could just buy a new set. Props on Enkei btw. Quality shoes imo. Don't bother doing any professional body work on the car. I'm not sure if you're familiar with NYC driving and parking, but trust me it is a waste of time. Touch up paint FTW.

seriously? damn... my front lip hurts me every time i look at it. maybe i'll try to do it myself, that'll be a fun summer project, or maybe my day knows someone on the cheap.

the enkeis were a great upgrade... not that the stock 16s were bad, bad they're a nice, dark metallic 17" (from acura) and they let me run 225s. :-D
i did some mild suspension work to get the most out of those. the bolt-ons were just for fun, not a lot of difference there, tho i did get some better MPG

damn, hot ride. u gotta bring by Tourocom.

my ride for next year, can't wait to tear this thing down the streets of new york
475254737_7fdd196c94.jpg

the streets of NYC are not an appropriate place to drive that guy. maybe you can just stick to the on ramps and off ramps :) in gridlock, where you gonna flex the muscle? tho the awd will be great for crappy weather.

I'm too lazy to post pictures (which I don't even have), but I will be driving my 2004 Ford Taurus all the way down to Florida from Michigan. Woo! It may not be flashy, but it's all paid off, and that's one less thing for me to worry about.

C3PO > R2D2 >2JZ > RB26DETT :p:p:p:p

don't make fun of us because we know engine codes. the 2jz and rb26dett are famous toyota and nissan powerplants, respectively. car people like us remember this stuff... we're not just making up droids for some science fiction movie or whatever :rolleyes:

don't make fun of us because we know engine codes. the 2jz and rb26dett are famous toyota and nissan powerplants, respectively. car people like us remember this stuff... we're not just making up droids for some science fiction movie or whatever :rolleyes:

Toyota Supra and if im not mistaken the IS300 had the 2JZ right? but without the turbos.

i'm not the biggest fan, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't mind owning one.
2009gtr-full.jpg

not that i don't like the new gtr, i do...

but the 99-00 gtr r34 body style is still just so amazing...

it's like I still see a 93 mazda rx-7 on the road and if it's in good condition i just say wow that's a sexy car.

it's like I still see a 93 mazda rx-7 on the road and if it's in good condition i just say wow that's a sexy car.

i love the R34... and to think i'm not a huge japanese car fan (other than owning a WRX back in the day). I think i like the gtr more for its performance than its looks, not that its ugly, but its too close to the 350z in my opinion and i would have loved the car to stay unique... though the r35 was a g35 in japan, but you understand what i mean. I liked the R34 cuz it was unique.

Members don't see this ad :)
Toyota Supra and if im not mistaken the IS300 had the 2JZ right? but without the turbos.

yeah, they're both 2jz-ge.

i like the new GT-R, i really do. have you guys realized how much BIGGER it is than the R34??? i can't find the picture now but its SO WIDE.

I agree. 93 was a good year for the Supra as well. :thumbup:

WOW! I totally missed this whole thread for like four days!!

Here's what I'm bringing...'cause I just couldn't stand to leave her behind!

OCG_Nate_8.jpg

OCG_Nate_6.jpg

X-Rollins-side.jpg

X-creek.jpg

yes sir, the non-turbo Supra (93-98), IS 300, GS300, and SC300 all had a 2JZ-GE. The twin turbo Supra had a 2JZ-GTE, the beastliest 6 cylinder engine ever made.

The FD RX-7 is absolutely beautiful :love:

I love the R34, but the R33 is my favorite body style. The new one is slowly growing on me...

WOW! I totally missed this whole thread for like four days!!

Here's what I'm bringing...'cause I just couldn't stand to leave her behind!

OCG_Nate_8.jpg

Did you really let your tires wear that unevenly, or is that just mud?

The FD RX-7 is absolutely beautiful :love:

I love the R34, but the R33 is my favorite body style. The new one is slowly growing on me...

the new one is beautiful, but the shape is very color sensitive, i think. in some colors it looks very bulbous, but in other colors, it looks very knife-edged. at any rate, i'd take one :laugh:

the streets of NYC are not an appropriate place to drive that guy. maybe you can just stick to the on ramps and off ramps :) in gridlock, where you gonna flex the muscle? tho the awd will be great for crappy weather.

haha good point. at least i will have fun on on my drive to new york lol. but i'll take down the highways late at night for a study break. it's what i have been doing with my IX right now but i can't wait till the summer when i'll finally be behind the wheel of the X

haha good point. at least i will have fun on on my drive to new york lol. but i'll take down the highways late at night for a study break. it's what i have been doing with my IX right now but i can't wait till the summer when i'll finally be behind the wheel of the X

very nice man... i cant imagine having an evo ix and going to an evo x. the evo ix MR is my favorite of the series. i have mixed opinions on the new body style for the evo X... i like the new STi body style more, but those stupid clear tail lights have GOT to go.

my car at a photo shoot on one of chicago's garage top level

2497969_5_full.jpg

Sporting Estoril Blue I see. Nice.......But I prefer Cosmos Schwartz.

yeah, well estoril blue with the dove grey interior is the rarest color combo and gets the highest return :thumbup:. I thought about selling mine last summer but couldnt do it. I got an offer of 12500 for it though, which was a pretty good price i thought. I have 96000 miles on mine now. I'm liking your angel eyes and the splitter on the front. Looks real clean...im glad to see some e36 m3 action. :cool:

gtrr34_02.jpg

Isn't the Skyline illegal in the US? or maybe you have to have some serious(ly expensive) mods to make it street legal here?

Isn't the Skyline illegal in the US? or maybe you have to have some serious(ly expensive) mods to make it street legal here?

i dont think he really has the skyline or he would have some different pics. I think he was saying that the skyline is his dream car as opposed to a bmw or mercedes. It would be awesome if he does in fact have one, but i myself have never seen one stateside.

i dont think he really has the skyline or he would have some different pics. I think he was saying that the skyline is his dream car as opposed to a bmw or mercedes. It would be awesome if he does in fact have one, but i myself have never seen one stateside.

i've seen them stateside, even RHD, it's not as rare as you think. the difficulty lies in registering it... usually there are many costs associated with this. even if it is registered as a collector car or something of that nature, there is a maximum amount of mileage allowed per year once it is registered (and its really low... like <5k mi). it can be done, but out of the financial resources of most fan boys :laugh:

Anyone going to western and needs a car should know about Imperial Auto Group best deals on any model any make, i got both my cars there, bmw 5 series and a maxima, dont buy a car from those wolfs(salespersons) before you see their prices, anyone interested let me know i will give thier number

Anyone going to western and needs a car should know about Imperial Auto Group best deals on any model any make, i got both my cars there, bmw 5 series and a maxima, dont buy a car from those wolfs(salespersons) before you see their prices, anyone interested let me know i will give you my number

fixed :smuggrin:

HAHAHAHAHA... dealer, please be gone. we're ranting about cars, not actually looking to buy them. thanks.

i've seen them stateside, even RHD, it's not as rare as you think. the difficulty lies in registering it... usually there are many costs associated with this. even if it is registered as a collector car or something of that nature, there is a maximum amount of mileage allowed per year once it is registered (and its really low... like <5k mi). it can be done, but out of the financial resources of most fan boys :laugh:

Yep. Motorex helps make skylines street legal. The overall cost of importing a skyline and making it legal in the US costs somewhere around 80k. In reality, paying that much for a used, almost 10 year old car is silly unless you have money coming out your sphincter. Despite my love for the skyline, I'd probably drive something more low-key and practical for the same price like an S650 or a 16/4 Veyron or something :laugh:.

not a dealer myself, DO class of 2012 western U, friends own the place just wanted to let you know about them, its not a dealer its a brokerage

wow, you guys aren't as balling as me. I'm bringing in my new buggati veryon. suck on that

Yep. Motorex helps make skylines street legal. The overall cost of importing a skyline and making it legal in the US costs somewhere around 80k. In reality, paying that much for a used, almost 10 year old car is silly unless you have money coming out your sphincter. Despite my love for the skyline, I'd probably drive something more low-key and practical for the same price like an S650 or a 16/4 Veyron or something :laugh:.

for that money, i can think of A LOT of cars I'd rather have. hell, for HALF that money i can think of A LOT of cars I'd rather have.

not a dealer myself, DO class of 2012 western U, friends own the place just wanted to let you know about them, its not a dealer its a brokerage

alright alright... we'll let it slide.

Awesome thread. Here's what I'll be bringing to med school unless it's too far up north. If I'm stuck in a snow state, I'm going to buy a Subaru 2.5rs and maybe a STi swap (used to have an STi).

mYSuPrA025.jpg

mYSuPrA037.jpg

did a lot of the supras have that removable "targa" style top?