Which DO schools are the best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedgirl27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I cannot find a website like MSAR for DO, and it's hard to find out people's opinions about specific schools without going through each school specific thread.

Is there a general consensus on which schools provide better education, better residency, better facilities, etc? Also taking into consideration price and location (as in not completely in the middle of nowhere)? Was just reading LECOM has odd rules...

Those that have interviewed or visited specific schools, what did you like and dislike, and why?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

So I cannot find a website like MSAR for DO, and it's hard to find out people's opinions about specific schools without going through each school specific thread.

Is there a general consensus on which schools provide better education, better residency, better facilities, etc? Also taking into consideration price and location (as in not completely in the middle of nowhere)? Was just reading LECOM has odd rules...

Those that have interviewed or visited specific schools, what did you like and dislike, and why?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

These schools are generally considered good:
MSUCOM
TCOM
Rowan
OSUCOM
OUCOM
KCU
DMU
PCOM PA
CCOM
KCOM
UNECOM
NSU
NYIT NY
Touro NY/CA
Western Pomona

Schools that are generally considered bad:

Lucom

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As DoctorSynthesis said, the COM's that opened before the 1980's are the better schools.

Reactions: 1 users
not going to debate which school is better. just go with what is best for you and accepts you - which may be different than what is best for someone else. try reading through this thread for reviews - note take everything with a grain of salt as people's opinions will differ based on personal experience and things may change year to year as this is an old post so start with the latest/higher numbered pages http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/pros-and-cons-of-your-do-school.407104/page-29

In regards to quality, the better schools tend to be selected based on their rotation sites.

I think Doctor synthesis is pretty spot on. There is no best school or tier system. but there are schools that have better rotation sites.

No significant ranking system has been made for DO schools yet.
So you can stratify them based on what they have to offer.

Firstly rotation sites take priority

But there is one more feature that comes above this
And that is an on campus teaching hospital and research facility.

Nsu has just built it's research facility and it will have an on campus teaching hospital with its own residency slots in 2017.
So you can think of this as intramural competition for residencies.
This gives you a monstrous leg up you can imagine

Reactions: 2 users