General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2018-2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven’t! But it’s probably because of the mistake I made on my end. I barely sent them my supporting documents through mail two weeks ago because I uploaded them online instead since Charles the admission counselor said it was fine. So I have yet to hear back from them, even though I got verified 10/4.

How about you?
I have not heard back from them except for getting a confirmation after submitting the application. Do you know if they do interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Update!
Applied: Boston University, MGH, Tufts, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra, Sacred Heart
Interviews: BU, MGH, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra
Accepted: Temple, University of St. Augustine, Tufts, Belmont
Rejected: TJU

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: KU Med, Mizzou, Cox College, Missouri State, Oklahoma, Midwestern (both campuses), Creighton, Drake, Rockhurst, North Central, Lewis, Rush, UIC
Interviews: Creighton (Nov 2nd), Drake (Sept 28), Rockhurst (Dec 1), Mizzou (October 26), North Central (October 29), Rush (December 3)
Accepted: Drake
Waitlist: Midwestern Glendale

*Edited 10/19
How was the Creighton interview?? I have one with them in a few months!

Reactions: 1 user
Applied: Tufts, NYU, Kean, Seton Hall, MGH IHP, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Thomas Jefferson
Interviews: TJU, UNE, MGH
Acceptances: Tufts
Waitlist:
Rejections:

*Cross your fingers for me!*
When are your interviews for UNE and MGH? I have interviews with both of those schools as well!

Applied: Boston University, MGH, Tuft's, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra, NYU
Accepted: Temple
Rejected:
Has anyone else heard from these schools? I haven't heard from TJU or Tufts but I know some people have.
When is your MGH interview? I have one with them as well!

Applied: KU Med, Mizzou, Cox College, Missouri State, Oklahoma, Midwestern (both campuses), Creighton, Drake, Rockhurst, North Central, Lewis, Rush, UIC
Interviews: Creighton (Nov 2nd), Drake (Sept 28), Rockhurst (Dec 1), Mizzou (October 26), North Central (October 29), Rush (December 3)
Accepted: Drake
Waitlist: Midwestern Glendale

*Edited 10/19
Hello! If you don't mind me asking, how did your interview at Creighton go? Was it what you expected? Thanks!

Update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (10/26), Brenau University (11/30)

I’m interviewing at Brenau on 11/30 too!

Update:
Applied: Brenau Uni, Georgia State, Wingate Uni, Emory & Henry, James Madison, MUSC, Methodist Uni.
Interviews: Wingate (Oct. 26), Brenau (11/30)
Acceptances:
Waitlist: Wingate
Rejections:

Applied: Boston University, MGH, Tuft's, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Belmont, University of St. Augustine, Hofstra, NYU
Accepted: Temple
Rejected:
Has anyone else heard from these schools? I haven't heard from TJU or Tufts but I know some people have.
I've heard from BU, MGH, Hofstra, and TJU!

Applied: Jefferson, Wisconson(Madison), UIC, D'Youville, Milligan
Interviews: Jefferson (11/9)
Acceptances: Jefferson
Rejections:

Excited to be going to Philly this weekend for the interview at TJU

**Updated 11/20 - Accepted to Jefferson!**

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When are your interviews for UNE and MGH? I have interviews with both of those schools as well!
MGH is Dec 1st and UNE is Dec 10th but I might turn down UNE since I got into Tufts

Applied: Jefferson, Wisconson(Madison), UIC, D'Youville, Milligan
Interviews: Jefferson (11/9)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

Excited to be going to Philly this weekend for the interview at TJU
Good luck at TJU! I went two weekends ago! Just be confident and be yourself! They are really nice and the interviews are group interviews!

Applied: CSUDH, Loma Linda
Applying soon: USC
Accepted: CSUDH

Good luck at TJU! I went two weekends ago! Just be confident and be yourself! They are really nice and the interviews are group interviews!

Thank you! I thought it went really well. Just excited they don't make you wait too long and I'll hear back in a few weeks. Hoping it works out. Really liked the school a lot!

How was the Creighton interview?? I have one with them in a few months!
It went really well! The admissions people are awesome and the faculty is top notch. The interview itself was pretty laid back. They really sold me on the program.

Hello! I wanted to join in on this thread :)

Psychology Major
GPA: 3.62
GRE: 157V, 160Q, 4.0
Observation: 40 hours at an elementary school, hippotherapy organization, and private office (Weakest part of my application, but it was hard to get a ton of hours while working full time and going to night classes for pre-reqs! But I emphasized how my current job at a research foundation relates to evidence-based practice in OT)
Letters of Rec (3) : Occupational Therapist I shadowed, Lab Director at my current job, Army mentor and professor
Applied: D'Youville, TJU, Howard, USC, Nova, Brenau, University of Florida
Interview: TJU (11/9)
Rejections:
Acceptances:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Generic question: for those who have been accepted into a program, how long do you have to respond with the deposit? Im nervous about getting accepted to a program but waiting for a response from another.

Update:
Applied: Brenau Uni, Georgia State, Wingate University, Emory & Henry, MUSC, Methodist Uni., Mary Baldwin University
Interviews: Wingate (Oct. 26), Brenau (11/30), Mary Baldwin University (Date TBD)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

Last edited:
Update:

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, Carroll, WashU, Midwestern (Downer's Grove), St. Ambrose, AT Still, University of South Dakota, St. Catherine's, Belmont
Interviews: St. Ambrose (10/19), Midwestern (10/23), Belmont (11/16), AT Still (12/7)
Acceptances:
Rejections:
Waitlist: Midwestern

Generic question: for those who have been accepted into a program, how long do you have to respond with the deposit? Im nervous about getting accepted to a program but waiting for a response from another.
I was given about a month. I was told that this is generally a standard time frame.

Psychology Major
Observation: 40 hours at an elementary school, hippotherapy organization, and private office (Weakest part of my application, but it was hard to get a ton of hours while working full time and going to night classes for pre-reqs! But I emphasized how my current job at a research foundation relates to evidence-based practice in OT)
Letters of Rec (3) : Occupational Therapist I shadowed, Lab Director at my current job, Army mentor and professor
Rejections:
Acceptions:

How did your interview go at TJU? Were you in the morning or afternoon group?

How did your interview go at TJU? Were you in the morning or afternoon group?
Hi! I was in the afternoon group. I think it went well. They made it so easy to feel comfortable. I loved meeting the current students, too. I think all of the applicants in my group were great. I'll be excited to hear back about decisions in a few weeks.

Have any of you applied to or heard back from University of the Sciences yet?

Update:
Applied: Brenau Uni, Georgia State, Wingate University, Emory & Henry, MUSC, Methodist Uni., Mary Baldwin University
Interviews: Wingate (10/26), Brenau (11/30), Mary Baldwin University (Date TBD), Georgia State (12/3)
Acceptances:
Rejections:

Hey all, has anyone received an interview invitation from Georgia State? I got one today and was hoping to meet some people there! The interview date is November 30th, btw! (From Tennessee)

update:

Applied to: NYU, Columbia, Temple, TJU, MGH, Tufts, Wisconsin, Chatham, BU
Accepted: Tufts
Rejected:
Interviews: MGH, TJU

Has anyone heard from UT Health San Antonio? I know they are supposed to send out the first round of emails for Dec interviews by this or next week.

posting my stats!

Major: Human Development & Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.64 - graduated May 2018
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.8 (depending on the program)
GRE: 153-Verbal, 146-Quantitative & 4-Writing

Activites: over 600 hours of community service in a community service organization, did research in my college for a professor for two semester, Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for A&P I, Internship with physical therapist in spain

Volunteer/Observation: 850+ hours of work experience/observation as a rehab tech in an inpatient hospital, 50 hours in a neuro outpatient clinic, 60 hours in a pediatric outpatient clinic, 40 hours in an inpatient rehab hospital

Letters of Rec: 2 OT (1 from Director of OT Department at hospital, 1 from professor in my undergrad college)

Applied: TTUHSC, UTRGV, UTMB, UTHSA, TWU
Interviews: TTUHSC(11/16), UTHSA (12/18), UTMB (1/25), TWU (1/10)- Declined
Waitlist: TTUHSC
Acceptances: UTRGV

Last edited:

I got accepted at uIndy! They said I only have two weeks! I’m getting anxious waiting to hear back from other schools.

posting my stats!

Major: Human Development & Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.64 - graduated May 2018
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.8 (depending on the program)
GRE: 153-Verbal, 146-Quantitative & 4-Writing

Activites: over 600 hours of community service in a community service organization, did research in my college for a professor for two semester, Undergraduate Teaching Assistant for A&P I, Internship with physical therapist in spain

Volunteer/Observation: 850+ hours of work experience/observation as a rehab tech in an inpatient hospital, 50 hours in a neuro outpatient clinic, 60 hours in a pediatric outpatient clinic, 40 hours in an inpatient rehab hospital

Letters of Rec: 2 OT (1 from Director of OT Department at hospital, 1 from professor from my undergrad college

Applied: TTUHSC, UTRGV, UTMB, UTHSA
Interviews: TTUHSC (11/16), UTHSA (12/18)
Acceptances: UTRGV

Congrats! Hoping I hear back from UTH San Antonio soon...

Update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (10/26), Brenau University (11/30)

Update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (10/26), Brenau University (11/30)(declined interview), CHATHAM UNIVERSITY (12/8) (declined interview), Sacred Heart University

Just wanted to update for those who are wanting an update on Chatham. Hope this helped someone get an interview.

Last edited:
Update:

Interviews: Creighton (11/9), North Central College (10/29), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale (video essay by 10/7), A.T. Still University-OTD (10/26), Brenau University (11/30)(declined interview), CHATHAM UNIVERSITY (12/8) (declined interview)

Just wanted to update for those who are wanting an update on Chatham. Hope this helped someone get an interview.

Heey!!!

Where you going now?
I just got accepted at University of Indianapolis!! I’m waiting for north central tho and other schools

Heey!!!

Where you going now?
I just got accepted at University of Indianapolis!! I’m waiting for north central tho and other schools

I got accepted at AT Still which is basically my 3rd choice. I’m waiting on North Central as well (1st choice) and I don’t hear from Lewis until way later next year (2nd choice), so I’m cancelling every interview from now on.

UPDATE:
Applied:
Tufts, NYU, Kean, Seton Hall, MGH IHP, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Thomas Jefferson
Interviews: UNE (turned down), MGH (12/1), TJU (10/26), Sacred Heart (turned down)
Acceptances: Tufts
Waitlist:
Rejections:
TJU

I got accepted at AT Still which is basically my 3rd choice. I’m waiting on North Central as well (1st choice) and I don’t hear from Lewis until way later next year (2nd choice), so I’m cancelling every interview from now on.

Aww! Well congrats! Yeah! I want Lewis and north central too! But I put on my deposit at uIndy. They only gave me until nov 29 to decide and yeah I won’t hear from other schools till dec or January ! Ugh.

But the class starts on January at uIndy. So idk

Just found out I was accepted into Wash U's MSOT program!

Reactions: 2 users
Applied to: NYU, Columbia, Temple, TJU, MGH, Tufts, Wisconsin, Chatham, BU
Accepted: Tufts, TJU
Rejected:
Interviews: MGH, Chatham

Aww! Well congrats! Yeah! I want Lewis and north central too! But I put on my deposit at uIndy. They only gave me until nov 29 to decide and yeah I won’t hear from other schools till dec or January ! Ugh.

But the class starts on January at uIndy. So idk

Have either of you had an interview at North Central yet? Or Lewis? I applied to both in October and haven't heard anything back yet! I know Lewis said they won't make decisions until March but I wasn't sure about North Central.

Have either of you had an interview at North Central yet? Or Lewis? I applied to both in October and haven't heard anything back yet! I know Lewis said they won't make decisions until March but I wasn't sure about North Central.

I had interview at north central last oct 29! And they said that they will let us know if we get accepted or not by December! How about you?

Psychology Major
Rejections:
Acceptances:
-----UPDATE----
Rejections:
Acceptances:
TJU (YAY!)

Additional: Application is on hold at Brenau until the academic update period since I am taking A&P right now.

Hello! AT Still accepted me, and I'm pretty sure I am going to go there. Anyone else so far?? Also, feel free to message me if you have questions about their application process or interview advice. :) I loved it there, and can't wait to start!

I had interview at north central last oct 29! And they said that they will let us know if we get accepted or not by December! How about you?
I think I submitted my app too late to be contacted about that first round of interviews, so I am hoping I get an email soon!! I haven't heard back from either school yet :( But how was the interview? What kind of questions did they ask?