General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long did it take to hear back from them after your interview for Rutgers? I was the first group in January and they haven’t sent me anything. So confused lol
I had my interview on January 22nd and just heard back yesterday (3/9)! I also saw that they are still continuing to do interviews through mid March so I think thats why it took so long.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Seton Hall sent out acceptances yesterday so check your online portal!! I was accepted. Kean has no sent out anything regarding MSOT yet because they do their OTD class first.
ah man, cus my portal hasn’t changed status and it’s driving me crazy!!

Hi there! No such thing as a stupid question. 😊 I did not apply to either of these schools, but in my experience applications are often reviewed in the order that they are received. Some schools that I applied to accepted candidates in batches, so they find their most exceptionally qualified applicants and notify them first, and then in a week or two reach out to the next group of applicants ranking slightly below them if there are spots remaining. I'm fairly confident that the alphabet does not play a factor. Hopefully this is helpful ad you hear back soon! Best of luck!
Thank you for the feedback! I literally sent in my application on the last day so that is probably going to be a factor against me :( lmao Hope you get into the schools you applied to!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: UTMB, UTSA, UTEP, UTRGV, TWU Denton, Texas Tech, LSU Shreveport, Washington University

Interviews: UTMB, LSU Shreveport, Texas Tech, TWU Denton, Washington University, (I guess UTEP/UTRGV don’t do interviews).

(Waitlisted: LSU Shreveport, UTMB)

Accepted: LSU Shreveport (from waitlist), Washington University, UTEP, UTRGV

Rejected: UTSA, TWU Denton

*Texas Tech offered an interview but I wasn’t able to take it because it conflicted with my UTMB interview. TTU wouldn’t reschedule :(
Update: I have decided to attend LSU Shreveport’s MOT program! I start class in only two months. Good luck to everyone with their acceptances and decisions!

Hey! I was wondering if anyone who had interviewed for Kean OTD heard anything yet?

Hi! i'm a little late but wanted to join in this forum - hopefully it helps someone!

Applied: Usciences, Shenandoah, Towson, and American International college.

Interviews: Shenandoah and Towson. (Usciences and AIC don't do interviews).

Waitlisted: Shenandoah

Accepted: Usciences (11/17), AIC (end of Jan), Towson (3/2)

Good luck everyone!

I'm stuck between a few schools and I'm wondering is anyone accepting their seat at Seton Hall? I've heard many good things about the school but the price does concern me in loans, I haven't heard from Kean or Pace yet which I'm also debating attending (if accepted). Just looking for some feedback and pointers about Seton Hall!

Hey guys! I just heard back from Kean (MSOT) for a group interview on Thursday 3/18 6pm-9pm!!!!!!! Wish me luck and hope to see some of you there!!!

I'm stuck between a few schools and I'm wondering is anyone accepting their seat at Seton Hall? I've heard many good things about the school but the price does concern me in loans, I haven't heard from Kean or Pace yet which I'm also debating attending (if accepted). Just looking for some feedback and pointers about Seton Hall!
I also got accepted there and was all for it besides the price so I am going somewhere else :/

Applied: Rutgers, Kean (OTD), Seton Hall, Stockton, Monmouth, University of Florida
Interview: Rutgers, Stockton, Kean
Waitlists: UF, Stockton
Acceptances: Monmouth, Seton Hall, Kean
Rejections:

updated 3/15!!!

Applied: TJU, Tufts, MGHIHP, Chatham, Ohio State, USA-St.Augustine MOT, Quinnipiac, Salus, JMU, Clarkson, Wesley
Interviews: USA-St.Augustine MOT (9/17), Clarkson (10/14), Quinnipiac (10/27), Chatham (11/14), MGHIHP (11/17), Salus (12/10), Wesley (1/19), and TJU (2/8)
Acceptances: USA-St.Augustine MOT(9/28), Clarkson (10/15), JMU (10/30), Tufts (11/17), Quinnipiac (12/2), Chatham (12/10), Wesley (1/25), TJU (2/24), and Salus (3/5)
Waitlists: MGHIHP (12/16) & Salus (Standby List-12/18)
Rejections: Ohio State (1/19)
where did you decide to go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any commit to Salus? If so when is the deposit due?? Patiently(more like anxiously) waiting to see if I'll get off the standby list!

Applied: Rutgers, Kean (OTD), Seton Hall, Stockton, Monmouth, University of Florida
Rejections:

updated 3/15!!!
any feedback on the questions they did for the interview?

Has anyone recently heard back from University of Minnesota? Would love to connect and discuss the program!

Any commit to Salus? If so when is the deposit due?? Patiently(more like anxiously) waiting to see if I'll get off the standby list!
The full deposit is due April 1st! Good luck!!

Applied: SJSU, UW Seattle, UPS (University of Puget Sound), USC, CSU (Colorado State University), USA San Marcos (University of Saint Augustine)
Interviews: University of Saint Augustine San Marcos
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Have you heard back from CSU?

Rejections:

updated 3/15!!!
I was accepted to Kean too and just sent in my deposit today!!

Applied: Hofstra (8/8), Salus (11/25), D’youville (12/21)
Interviews:
Hofstra (9/25), Salus (1/14 & 1/21)
Acceptances:
D’youville (2/2), Hofstra (3/16), Salus (3/19)
Waitlists:
Hofstra (10/14), Salus (1/23)
Rejections:
n/a

Out of country applicant here! Super excited to have finally heard back from all the schools I applied to. I hope my info helps current/future applicants!

STATS
Major
: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.51
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.67 (depending on school)
GRE: n/a
Extra-Curric: Mentor to OTA/PTA students, volunteer at local hospital’s pediatric unit, recreational volunteer in a long term care facility
Work Experience: PTA/OTA at a neurological rehabilitation center (2 years)
In addition, I have some related experience from my practicum. This includes: PTA at a hospital, recreational therapist assistant at a LTC facility, OTA at a child development center
OT Hours: Not entirely sure. Most hours came from work/practicum experience as opposed to just observation.

Hi everyone!

Applied: CSU Dominguez Hills, USC, Loma Linda University, University of St. Augustine, Washington University of St. Louis
Accepted: USC, WUSTL, LLU, USA
Waitlists: USC, accepted one month later
Rejected: CSU Dominguez HIlls

Applied: Salus, Gwynedd Mercy
Interviews: Salus (12/3, 12/4) GMU (2/22)
Acceptances: Salus (3/19)
Waitlists: None
Rejections: None

Hello everyone!
If you have received an acceptance to Kean's OTD program, please reach out to me directly ! thank you in advance :)

Applied: Thomas Jefferson (OTD), Pitt, Temple, Tufts, UIC, NYU, Boston University, MGHIHP
Interviews: Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Boston University, MGHIHP
Accepted: Thomas Jefferson, Temple, Tufts, Boston University, NYU, MGHIHP (off of waitlist), UIC (off of waitlist)
Waitlisted: Pitt
Rejected:
Final update!! Still haven't decided yet but it's between BU and Thomas Jefferson! Anyone have any thoughts on either of these? Anything helps :)

Still haven't heard back from Duke following the interview, but I accepted my spot at UNC today :)

Applied: Allen College, St Ambrose, Midwestern (IL), Rush, Maryville, Elmhurst, Drake
Interviews: St Ambrose(12/11), Drake(11/6), Allen(11/14)
Acceptances: Drake(11/13), Allen(11/25)
Waitlists:
Rejections:
I also was accepted at Allen

Hey guys! I just heard back from Kean (MSOT) for a group interview on Thursday 3/18 6pm-9pm!!!!!!! Wish me luck and hope to see some of you there!!!
Hope your interview went well! If you don't mind sharing, how did the interview go? I have an interview for Kean this Thursday from 6-9 and am quite nervous about the format and the length.

Hope your interview went well! If you don't mind sharing, how did the interview go? I have an interview for Kean this Thursday from 6-9 and am quite nervous about the format and the length.
Hello! When kean contacted you did they do it via email?

Applied: Jacksonville University (OTD), Creighton Regis Pathway (OTD), UF (OTD), University of St. Augustine Miami (MOT), Nova Southeastern University (MOT), Nova Southeastern University Tampa (OTD), Barry University (MOT), Washington University St. Louis (OTD)
Interviews:
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Jacksonville University (OTD), Creighton Regis Pathway (OTD), UF (OTD)

I am a non traditional applicant. My GRE scores were not so hot. Very stressed and depressed. Mentally preparing myself to apply again next cycle.

Applied: Jacksonville University (OTD), Creighton Regis Pathway (OTD), UF (OTD), University of St. Augustine Miami (MOT), Nova Southeastern University (MOT), Nova Southeastern University Tampa (OTD), Barry University (MOT), Washington University St. Louis (OTD)
Interviews:
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Jacksonville University (OTD), Creighton Regis Pathway (OTD), UF (OTD)

I am a non traditional applicant. My GRE scores were not so hot. Very stressed and depressed. Mentally preparing myself to apply again next cycle.
Oh shoot 😥 I see that you didn't love your GRE scores but is there anything else that you think could be going on here? I will say that typically, being a non-traditional applicant is viewed positively! You still have five more schools to hear from so keep some hope alive. You'll get there, this is a hurdle but nothing you can't handle if you really, really want it. 💛

Reactions: 1 users
thank you! did they say if it was a group interview?

Applied: MCPHS, Stanbridge, Salus, Midwestern (Arizona)
Interviews: Midwestern (declined), Stanbridge, Salus
Acceptances: Stanbridge, MCPHS, Salus
Waitlist:
Rejection:
Updated 4/22, going to Salus!

Last edited:
Hello All,

Has anyone heard back from University of Washington's that has been waitlisted and got an acceptance? I am currently on their waitlist and anxiously waiting to hear back. University of Washington is my 1st choice!

Hi all!

Applied: UIC, UW Milwaukee, UW Madison, Carroll University, Rutgers, Creighton University, University of Washington, Rush, University of Minnesota
Interviews: Creighton, Rush
Acceptances: Carroll, Rutgers, University of Minnesota, UW Milwaukee, UW Madison
Waitlists: Creighton, Rush
Rejections: UIC, University of Washington
Updated! I have finally heard back from every school lol

Last edited:
Most likely UW Milwaukee since it was my top choice that I was accepted to. Madison is the only other one I would consider, as it is also an amazing program! Are you interested in any of the schools I applied to?

Most likely UW Milwaukee since it was my top choice that I was accepted to. Madison is the only other one I would consider, as it is also an amazing program! Are you interested in any of the schools I applied to?
I also applied to UW Milwaukee and Madison. I was waitlisted at Madison and still have not heard back from Milwaukee.

I also applied to UW Milwaukee and Madison. I was waitlisted at Madison and still have not heard back from Milwaukee.
Someone told me Milwaukee sends out decisions in waves, so hopefully you hear back soon. Good luck!

Hello all!

I applied to both Kean (MSOT) and Seton Hall and was just wondering if anyone heard back from any of these two schools? Also, do you guys know if they accept people by alphabetical order or just by the application? May be a stupid question haha sorry. Good luck to you guys hopefully we all get into some school!!!
I have been accepted to the Kean MSOT program!!

Updated 3/21 🙏🏻🙏🏻