Who's Making Interview Offers?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got UCSF-Madera program today via phone. They offer hotel, pick you up from hotel and reimbursement for mileage.

Members don't see this ad.

hello...when did you submit your application? I'm waiting on interviews but submitted a little late....thanks!

PedsCaliHopeful said:
:) :) :)
I am new to this forum so I thought I would add to the list.
I have been offerred interviews @ UCI, USC, Harbor-UCLA, UCLA, CHOC, Loma Linda, White Memorial, UCSF, Children's Oakland, U of Chicago, Christ, Lutheran, and Rush.

I am waiting on CHLA, Stanford, UC Davis, Children's Memorial, Seattle Children's, and UC San Diego.

I submitted my application during the first week of September.

BTW, add UC San Diego to the list. I heard from them last week.

cal828 said:
hello...when did you submit your application? I'm waiting on interviews but submitted a little late....thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard from NYU this evening. Dinner the night before, but no hotel mentioned...

Speaking of CNMC, it was a little confusing -- they offered a bunch of dates, so I picked one that fit into my travel schedule perfectly. They then replied, giving me that date but then also telling me that since I was applying to one of their non-categorical tracks (primary care or community health) it would be a "mandatory" two-day interview, so they took the liberty of scheduling me on the date prior to the one I requested as well. The only problem is that I had another interview on that day already. *sigh*

After some fiddling around and phone calling, I got everything (including the interview at the other program) shifted to the following week. It wasn't a big deal in the end, but it was annoying that a) they follow this two-day interview procedure (that isn't mentioned on their web pages, as far as I can tell) and b) they don't mention it at all in their initial note offering interview dates. I was not impressed.

*Crickets chirp*
*A tumbleweed blows away*

Just kidding - I knew programs weren't likely to decide and email on the big day, oh well. :) Anyone else have good luck?

Cornell this evening.

Got Cornell by email last night. Amazing how many Dean's letters they must have read yesterday to make that happen.

I believe BCRP sends the invitations all at once in about a week, so I'm trying to stay calm :)

I've also heard from Montefiore, which I don't think has been mentioned.

CH Oakland, CHOC, and UC Davis today.

Has anyone heard from OHSU lately?

I have been a passive reader so long, I have posted maybe twice. I think it is time for me to contribute.

Got interview invite from Cincinnati Children's hospital today:)

Other interview invites: LIJ, UMDNJ RWJ, UMDNJ Newark, St. Chris, Dupont, St. Peter's. Applying in and around NJ.

Good luck everyone.

anyone hear from Boston Children's?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they like to build the anticipation...

jvinocur said:
Got Cornell by email last night. Amazing how many Dean's letters they must have read yesterday to make that happen.

I believe BCRP sends the invitations all at once in about a week, so I'm trying to stay calm :)

I've also heard from Montefiore, which I don't think has been mentioned.

When did you hear from Montefiore?

Heard from Hopkins and NIJ (Schneider Children's Hospital)

Currently have: UIC, UofC, Northwestern, Wash U, NYU, Einstein/Montfiore, Cornell, NIJ, UT Southwestern, Yale, Hopkins

Still hoping to hear from 6 in Cali, CHOP, Boston, and Denver.

Good luck everyone!

So far on the two interviews I've been on everyone has been relaxed and friendly, though I did get a medical question once!

Got some love from Cincinnati today.

My boyfriend heard from Stanford today. :D

ciao_lilla said:
So far on the two interviews I've been on everyone has been relaxed and friendly, though I did get a medical question once!

Out of curiosity, where did you get the medical question (and how bad was it?)

cal828 said:

Hi, I'm waiting on pretty much the same places and applied a little bit late too. Others have heard from Children's Oakland, UCSD, CHLA, UC Davis, etc... so they're inviting already. Maybe I'll just need to wait till they get to my application... Have you heard from all the places you're hoping for since you left this post?

And the crickets keep on chirping. :p Arrrgh! I was hoping for at least a little news before the weekend...

I heard from Stanford just now... great news going into the weekend!!!

Yuppo, Stanford here too.

anyone know what days of the week/dates UCSF interviews? thanks!

jcanguy said:
Out of curiosity, where did you get the medical question (and how bad was it?)

Wash U and it was a what's-the-diagnosis question. It wasn't so bad.

Heard from Columbia, Children's Nation Medical Center, and Stanford--woo hoo! Will I go back home to Cali?

Currently have: UIC, UofC, Northwestern, Wash U, NYU, Einstein/Montfiore, Cornell, NIJ, UT Southwestern, Yale, Hopkins, Columbia, Children's Nation Medical Center, and Stanford.

Still hoping to hear from 5 in Cali, CHOP, Boston, and Denver.

Anyone get rejections for cornell, columbia or monte yet?

hey all, still waiting on children's memorial, chop, boston, johns hopkins, and denver. anyone sent any "begging" emails yet? i.e. i'm really interested in your program, please look at my app?

StringBean said:
Anyone get rejections for cornell, columbia or monte yet?

Just got the boot from Cornell. :( Shame, but I'm glad I finally heard something post 11/1! Still crossing fingers for Mount Sinai and especially Columbia (unlikely, but *maybe* if they really want Spanish speakers...)

This has to be a big week - best of luck everyone! :)

HI-- im new around here but was just reading where people are interviewing. . .

I got the boot from Cornell this am too. . .

Interesting, considering I was offered an interview at CHOP a month ago!!
And it's not like my dean's letter said anything bad, so I wonder what makes Cornell more selective than CHOP?!! Maybe they don't like people from state medical schools (which I am). . .

here's where I've heard from:
Mt Sinai, Monte, NYU, CHOP, St Chris, Tufts, Brown, Jacobi (interviewed already), LIJ, Stony Brook, SUNY Downstate, NYMC, St. Vincent's

Got the boot from Cornell this morning.....I haven't heard anything good since 11/1.

Good luck to everyone this week :)

I guess I am not the only one who got the reject email from Cornell.

Good luck.

peds_doc said:
I guess I am not the only one who got the reject email from Cornell.

Good luck.
Same ehere... got it today... in a very poorly written email I might add. Very unimpressed!

I feel your pain - I'm from a state school, and I wonder how much that matters to the more highbrow programs. Got CHOP, Hopkins, NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Denver, St. Louis, Childrens' National, and my home program. Tomorrow is judgement day as far as Boston goes.

Also have Step 2 tomorrow, so it should be a busy day all around. Did First Aid, Blueprints for OB and Peds, about 500 NMS questions, and QBank. I'll let you know how it goes (hopefully quickly...)

Best of luck to everyone as the interview circuit cranks up.

Man, I just got Children's Memorial just now, and I know others had gotten invites much earlier...wonder what took so long seeing as how I had already gotten invitations from all my other programs way before now--except for Boston of course. Oh well.

Got Children's Memorial in Chicago this morning also... =)

:( I'm out of luck if Memorial sent all their invites earlier today. Really hoping they weren't all at once, maybe they purposely send the "last tier" a day or so later to give preferred applicants a chance to schedule?

I got Children's National in DC last night(apparently they work on Sunday nights..weird), and Children's Memorial today...

Awaiting Children's Boston(tomorrow according to their website?), CHOP, Denver...among a couple randoms that I wonder why I even applied...

MedicallyBlonde said:
hey all, still waiting on children's memorial, chop, boston, johns hopkins, and denver. anyone sent any "begging" emails yet? i.e. i'm really interested in your program, please look at my app?

Sent my first today.

yea, cornell pretty much sucks in my book. I'm not offended that they rejected me, it's just that their letter was ridiculously awful. these people need to realize that its just bad PR for their own program.

funnygirl said:
yea, cornell pretty much sucks in my book. I'm not offended that they rejected me, it's just that their letter was ridiculously awful. these people need to realize that its just bad PR for their own program.

Exactly. I love when programs fail to identify themselves in their emails. Like we're supposed to guess what "Our Program" is? Add a "no subject" subject line and some spelling errors "we will nto be able to offer you an interview" and I might just think the email is a practical joke. . .

Another example is Tufts interview invitation that went something like this:
"CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You've been selected to interview at our program. Call us at. . ."
For about 5 minutes I thought this email was a joke... then I was waiting for balloons and the Prize Patrol to show up at my door. Then I looked at the return address which was a nemc.edu one and figured it out. . .

Got rejection #2 today...you know nothing good is going to come when the e-mail is entitled something along the lines of "Johns Hopkins Application Decision".

Still waiting on: Boston, MGH, Denver, OHSU, Stanford, Oakland, DC National

Is anyone else waiting on Vandy or Cinci? Those are the main two I'm waiting to hear from, and am trying to gauge when to go a beggin'....

Got CHLA yesterday and LAC-Harbor-UCLA today!

Still waiting on: Stanford, UCLA, OHSU, UW, UCSF, Kaiser SoCal.

graceycat said:
Is anyone else waiting on Vandy or Cinci? Those are the main two I'm waiting to hear from, and am trying to gauge when to go a beggin'....

While I can't answer your question about Vandy or Cinci specifically I can say that I have sent the begging email and the program responded with an interview offer. So I would say that it is not too soon. Good luck and good career choice!

graceycat said:

cinci has already offered interviews; vanderbilt has not but is rumored to start in the next week or so, same with denver

Vandy, Denver, and Cinci have all sent out some offers, but it's still early, so I'm sure more will come...