Will 2 C's kill my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

braxsch

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my first C in Orgo II last semester, and this semester it's looking like I'm going to get a C in physical chemistry as well (this class is killing me). :/ Overall GPA after this semester will be around 3.7. Any help? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No two C's won't kill you. You MAY have to explain but if it's above 3.7 you're fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 2 Cs on my transcript and I'm a current MS1. It'll be a mark but not an insurmountable one, you got this.

Also I feel you on Pchem. That class was like jumping through a mental meat grinder.

Reactions: 1 user
I have 3 C's in math/sci courses :p
But never discouraged...

No. I have two Cs. They probably killed my chances at top 20, but not my hope to be a doctor.

Keep working if medicine is your dream. I wish you the best!

I don't think even a single F will keep you out.

I had 2 C's in basic science classes to go along with a 3.29 sGPA and I have 3 acceptances so far, 2 MD and 1 DO. Just a positive anecdote for some moral support. Don't make it a habit and you will be fine.

You will be fine! I got a C in Gen Chem II (really bad teacher, plus I was a bit lazy with regards to study habits my freshman year) and one in Organic Chemistry I, but I've had a few interviews thus far. Just be sure that getting a C is a rarity, and try to do well in your other upper levels such as Biochemistry to show that you can handle the tougher biomedical courses. Good luck!