William Carey University (WCUCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

Started by DOthreads
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Quick question regarding securing an apartment. Since paying my seat deposit I am now completely broke until next month. Do apartments require money down to reserve? Any chance they waive fees until loans come in? I plan on calling today to find out but just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks!
 
Quick question regarding securing an apartment. Since paying my seat deposit I am now completely broke until next month. Do apartments require money down to reserve? Any chance they waive fees until loans come in? I plan on calling today to find out but just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks!
Most apartments require some sort of a deposit, both for just moving and/or if you have pets. You can message me and I can help you through the process!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For current students and those that know computers. Looking at the 2 in 1 laptop tablet computers because of its versatility and price but need to know if it's enough. Any advice is welcome. Thanks
 
For current students and those that know computers. Looking at the 2 in 1 laptop tablet computers because of its versatility and price but need to know if it's enough. Any advice is welcome. Thanks


Hey, matters what type or computer person you are. If youre just using word and youtube videos and are comfortable with a tablet type laptop sure go ahead. If you want something with a little more kick as in processing power and longer battery life and muli tasking get a good laptop. PM me and id be happy to help you narrow your search.
 
I got the acceptance call this evening!!!! I am so excited I can barely breathe!!!

Congratulations! Can't wait to meet you this fall. 🙂

Also, regarding computers...I would go with a laptop. I'm not sure that a tablet, etc. will run the testing software. The school uses Examsoft. You may want to check their specs before you buy anything.
 
Most apartments require some sort of a deposit, both for just moving and/or if you have pets. You can message me and I can help you through the process!
Breckenridge doesn't require a deposit if your credit score is high enough...and you could totally use me as a referral and i'd split the 500 with ya!
 
Hey guys! It's getting close to the time where people will be making the pilgrimage to Hattiesburg and I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be moving there this Sunday. If anyone moves into town and needs help, please send me a message and I'll come help you. Next Wednesday is my birthday so I may be a little "preoccupied" in New Orleans, but if my body lets me then I'll be functioning again on Thursday. Anyway, lets get through these first two years together and try to help anyone that's struggling; I may be that person! I think it would be awesome to help build this newer schools reputation through our hard work and dedication, but maybe that's just me. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Cheers!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! It's getting close to the time where people will be making the pilgrimage to Hattiesburg and I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be moving there this Sunday. If anyone moves into town and needs help, please send me a message and I'll come help you. Next Wednesday is my birthday so I may be a little "preoccupied" in New Orleans, but if my body lets me then I'll be functioning again on Thursday. Anyway, lets get through these first two years together and try to help anyone that's struggling; I may be that person! I think it would be awesome to help build this newer schools reputation through our hard work and dedication, but maybe that's just me. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Cheers!
That sounds great! I'll be moving up the following week. Can't wait to meet everyone and start this chapter of this crazy trip.