2022-2023 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What’s the market like in America right now? All used cars prices are inflated in Canada and waitlists for new cars
unfortunately the same here, however prices are dropping down and there are new cars available. Buyers had no power for a while in terms of negotiation etc bc of the chip shortage but now some of that power is coming back.

Members don't see this ad.

can any current students comment on the state of rotation sites? They longer have Tallahassee Florida as a site for rotations per admissions anymore which was where I wanted to rotate and im a little concerned

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
can any current students comment on the state of rotation sites? They longer have Tallahassee Florida as a site for rotations per admissions anymore which was where I wanted to rotate and im a little concerned
can’t speak to why they don’t have tallahassee anymore; though i don’t think they’ve had it for a few years but i could be wrong! that said, you will absolutely not have 100% control over where you rotate so i’d caution anymore from getting their heart set on a rotation site!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, one Q: If you had to choose between NYITCOM-Arkansas and WCUCOM, what would you choose?

Also is there on-campus housing? if so, do most students live on campus or off campus? what's the dynamic? Do most live with fellow roommates or in single apartments? Any housing website link would be very appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, one Q: If you had to choose between NYITCOM-Arkansas and WCUCOM, what would you choose?
Also is there on-campus housing? if so, do most students live on campus or off campus? what's the dynamic? Do most live with fellow roommates or in single apartments? Any housing website link would be very appreciated!
second year student so obviously i’m biased ;) but i think the general advice would be to choose the school which has graduated / matched more classes and is more established!

you have the option to live in the dorms and a small handful of students do! my understanding it’s a single room with no roommate, but you are in building with undergraduate students. most students live in off campus apartments with other students or on their on. if you are accepted and in the accepted students fb group (the link is posted above), there is a place for discussion about roommate search!

highly recommend reading through the entire thread as there’s a lot of this info is previously posted and more thoroughly discussed!

II Invite! LM 68 OOS

Complete: 9/7
II: 11/2
My interview is next Weds!
just going through the whole thread now that I am starting to prep for matriculation if I got into WCUCOM. I might be relatively new here. What does LM 68 stand for?

just going through the whole thread now that I am starting to prep for matriculation if I got into WCUCOM. I might be relatively new here. What does LM 68 stand for?
LizzyM score. Basically just what stats someone has. A LM 68 means someone likely has 3.7/510.

I am also not saying this is a deal breaker. I am completely satisfied with my education at WCOCOM and wouldn’t change anything regarding my medical education even if I could. My point was more focused on the tuition costs in fourth year, but I get it, the cost of a medical education is what it is.
sorry, just noticed your message and I am kinda confused with your point: what's wrong with the tuition cost in fourth year?

sorry, just noticed your message and I am kinda confused with your point: what's wrong with the tuition cost in fourth year?

There was a post preceding this one. I’m not going to go back and look. Just search my name.

Are there any reliable websites to search for off-campus housing? I only used Zillow and apartments.com before. I am OOS, so wondering if there are any other local websites.
Also, does on-campus housing tend to be more expensive than off-campus? if anyone knows, what is the ratio of students living off vs on campus?

Are there any reliable websites to search for off-campus housing? I only used Zillow and apartments.com before. I am OOS, so wondering if there are any other local websites.
Also, does on-campus housing tend to be more expensive than off-campus? if anyone knows, what is the ratio of students living off vs on campus?
oh the 200ish people in my class, i think less than 10 live on campus!

• Care
OMS-2 here. The incoming class Facebook page (search "WCUCOM class of 2027") should have all the relevant info you need if you haven't joined it yet.

In regards to on-campus housing, it is usually much cheaper than living off campus. There are a couple of trade offs to keep in mind though:
  • Your neighbors are going to be mainly undergraduate students (18-21) and you will have to abide to the University housing policies.
  • There are no in unit kitchens so you will be mainly relying on the dining hall/eating off campus to eat.
In terms of the # of students who live on campus, I know at least 15 of my classmates who resided there during 1st year. IMO, I would suggest living off campus (DM me for more details if you'd like).

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Breckenridge, the met, and Parkwest still have availability if you want to start taking a look. Im pretty sure you said that you are only on the waitlist and not accepted so you won’t be able to get into these Facebook groups. I wouldn’t sign a lease on housing yet until you get the acceptance letter.

• Care
OMS-2 here. The incoming class Facebook page (search "WCUCOM class of 2027") should have all the relevant info you need if you haven't joined it yet.

In regards to on-campus housing, it is usually much cheaper than living off campus. There are a couple of trade offs to keep in mind though:
  • Your neighbors are going to be mainly undergraduate students (18-21) and you will have to abide to the University housing policies.
  • There are no in unit kitchens so you will be mainly relying on the dining hall/eating off campus to eat.
In terms of the # of students who live on campus, I know at least 15 of my classmates who resided there during 1st year. IMO, I would suggest living off campus (DM me for more details if you'd like).
I am very much a meal prepper for myself. so your second trade-off alone tells me that I must live off-campus lol. Thank you for your response.

seems like most apartments mentioned in this thread look really nice but are at least 15 mins drive from the campus and it will be more than 15 with traffic. is traffic usually bad close to class times? Are there any apartment options that are like 5-7 min drive from the campus? please lmk if it's already been asked before.

seems like most apartments mentioned in this thread look really nice but are at least 15 mins drive from the campus and it will be more than 15 with traffic. is traffic usually bad close to class times? Are there any apartment options that are like 5-7 min drive from the campus? please lmk if it's already been asked before.
the best and safest apartments are going to be 15 minutes drive from campus. on good days i would say 15 minutes is normal but on bad days hardy st. can take 20-30. i always allot 30 minutes to get to campus and worst case scenario i’m early!

Arbor Walk. Thank me later.

• Love
WCU] STUDENTS/ anyone else I NEED ALL YALLS INPUT @Ellesandra319 @Chuckles4lyfe @NOLADO84

1. How are your exams? I saw the weekly schedule are exams every week? and are they cumulative?
2. Is there a large chunk of student who needed to remediate?
3.can you retake exams?
4. Do you have standardized patient encounters?

also i visited hattiesburg and it wasnt bad at all!! I am from a major city and they have everything + more. Def not super rural (they also got a dairy queen which i never had before lol)

WCU] STUDENTS/ anyone else I NEED ALL YALLS INPUT @Ellesandra319 @Chuckles4lyfe @NOLADO84

1. How are your exams? I saw the weekly schedule are exams every week? and are they cumulative?
2. Is there a large chunk of student who needed to remediate?
3.can you retake exams?
4. Do you have standardized patient encounters?
Would def encourage you to search the above names you tagged as a lot of this info has been further discussed in the forum! Here's my answers!

1. It just depends on how your weekly schedules are structured. Hopefully they'll be coming soon! For us, first semester last year we would have 1.5-2 weeks in-between exams but then sometimes 3-4 exams during those exam weeks. Second semester, we had at least one, sometimes 2, exams every friday for the vast majority of the semester. It depends on the class how cumulative it is.

2. Last semester, if you failed an exam (<69.5) you could retake 1 exam per class per semester, except the final. The max score you can get on a retake is a 69.5!

3. Our class was the largest, and there are a handful of students who remediated a class, and another handful of students who are repeating the year for various reasons, some academic, other personal.

4. Yes! My understanding is weekly STPs second year, and we had probably cumulatively 10ish STP encounters first year.

ETA: all of this is subject to change, and will hopefully be available to you in the coming weeks!

3. Our class was the largest, and there are a handful of students who remediated a class, and another handful of students who are repeating the year for various reasons, some academic, other personal.
About how many people do you think had to remediate and/or repeat the year for academic reasons?

idk if anyone else got that kind of email. I got an email from the assistant dean telling me that I am ranked in the top 20 on the waitlist and might get acceptance within a few weeks. Should I put my hope high now? especially if it's a very high chance, I wanna start signing the lease and plan to settle in a new state etc. are the good/ popular apartment spots taken quickly? According to what ppl previously mentioned about WCUCOM seems like I need to get settled by the end of July since school starts pretty early.

idk if anyone else got that kind of email. I got an email from the assistant dean telling me that I am ranked in the top 20 on the waitlist and might get acceptance within a few weeks. Should I put my hope high now? especially if it's a very high chance, I wanna start signing the lease and plan to settle in a new state etc. are the good/ popular apartment spots taken quickly? According to what ppl previously mentioned about WCUCOM seems like I need to get settled by the end of July since school starts pretty early.
yes that's a very high hope, and yes apartment spots are being snatched up, many places are on waitlists. Orientation is July 31-Aug 4

• Care
you can put a deposit on a waitlist for an apartment, and if you don't get in, then you are only out the deposit.

• Care
Thank you, guys, for your responses! I just got an email again this morning that I am #2 on the waitlist now. I just want the acceptance already by now so I can just start finding roommates through the admitted students' group chat. But one question though:
do students with the same OM year tend to live together? like an OMS-1 lives with other OMS-1s or people don't care? cuz I am not sure what I prefer tbh.

i still have a unit i’d like to sublease from ivy row! please message me if you’re interested. you’d bypass the ivy row waitlist and get my spot directly

Hi guys, I recently got accepted and am hoping to attend. Are there any Canadian students here that can guide me to which banks they applied to for LOCs/loans?

Anybody know when the tuition deadline is? I dont see it in the important dates doc

Withdrew my seat . Pm me for the reasons. Best of luck to anyone waiting!

Last edited:
  • Sad
If there's anyone still looking for roomates or housing let me know. Might have an option that could work for you. Send me a PM.

are schools still interviewing? I thought the cycle is over even for DO (me being delulu trying to have some hope at other schools LMFAO)