-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
William Carey University (WCUCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I waited for a week after he said they would contact me and finally decided to just call myself. It was a great decision for me! This was back in October, by the way.Waiting to hear from Dr Weir today. Anyone know what time they will call? Trying and failing to stay calm 🙂
Ok thanks for the advice. I will call this afternoon if I don't hear anything by then.I waited for a week after he said they would contact me and finally decided to just call myself. It was a great decision for me! This was back in October, by the way.
How long ago did you interview?Ok thanks for the advice. I will call this afternoon if I don't hear anything by then.
January 30th. So it was only a week ago but it feels like forever. This week has creeped by.How long ago did you interview?
When I visited for my interview I talked to many students who were accepted off of the wait list.As I wait for the decision, I'm curious. Has anyone been accepted after they have been deferred?
When I interviewed 4 people I talked to were accepted off the wait list. The wait list may not be the best spot but it's not too badAs I wait for the decision, I'm curious. Has anyone been accepted after they have been deferred?
I did hear from Dr. Turner, the Dean, and he did call me twice because they had my number written down for another person as well. I would call first thing Monday to be sure it wasn't a mix up with you! :]] Good luck!Waiting to hear from Dr Weir today. Anyone know what time they will call? Trying and failing to stay calm 🙂
They took about 20 off the wait list 2 years ago.
Any news of the Residency Match this year?
Only 32 out of the 53 people matched from WCUCOM on Monday. That is horrendous.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait until March for this years numbersAny news of the Residency Match this year?
Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted so far. Sorry for the lull in activity, this semester started off quickly and we're into the 1st block of exams. I'll try to accurately answer any questions that I am able to get the information.
I hope this answers some of your questions, feel free to PM me or post here if you need further, I'll do what I can to get your questions answered.
98.6% matched 1st time for AOA and ACGME combined. 2 Students had to scramble/SOAP. 1 got a residency, unfortunately the other one didn't finish.What percentage of the first year class matched prior to scrambling?
Nothing complete yet, I'll update as soon as all the numbers are in.Any news of the Residency Match this year?
There are currently 30 invited so far.Out of curiosity, can anyone divulge how many are on the new Facebook page for the upcoming class?
I spoke with Dr. Weir last week, they should be reviewing applications for interviews and making calls soon.Hi. Does anybody know whether the admission office has called anybody after mid- December 2014 for an interview.
I have submitted my secondary near thanksgiving but haven't received any information after that. Thank you.
I hope this answers some of your questions, feel free to PM me or post here if you need further, I'll do what I can to get your questions answered.
What are you talking about? Matched in what the AOA? Who cares. Wait until March for the rest of the match results and quit trying to scare everyone away.Only 32 out of the 53 people matched from WCUCOM on Monday. That is horrendous.
Ok got the secondary today. Just to be clear, we must submit 3 letters of recommendation in total? On their website it says that we need 2 science faculty letters OR a premedical committee letter. But on the secondary it says to have a physician letter, science faculty letter, and a premedical committee letter. I have a D.O. letter and a premedical committee letter already.
Is there a facebook page for those accepted? I accepted a spot in December but just now got around to thinking about FB.
When did you send your primary? I sent mine in late November with no response since then.Ok got the secondary today. Just to be clear, we must submit 3 letters of recommendation in total? On their website it says that we need 2 science faculty letters OR a premedical committee letter. But on the secondary it says to have a physician letter, science faculty letter, and a premedical committee letter. I have a D.O. letter and a premedical committee letter already.
When did you send your primary? I sent mine in late November with no response since then.
I released in late december
Can someone who has sent off the secondary clear up the letter of recommendation confusion I have?
I sent 3 letters.Can someone who has sent off the secondary clear up the letter of recommendation confusion I have?
Can someone who has sent off the secondary clear up the letter of recommendation confusion I have?
I sent a DO and premed committee letter. I double checked with admissions first.
I sent a DO and premed committee letter. I double checked with admissions first.
So that's enough?
I think so, although now that I think about it a mentor of mine took it upon himself to independently send a letter on my behalf. I am no expert but I expect if you call the admissions committee they will let you know. I tried to send more than the required amount of letters to all my schools. If you have three, then go ahead and send three.
There is, as soon as the FB person for the Welcoming Committee gets your name from Mrs. Donna, They will send you an invite. The emails go to whatever address you put on your applicationIs there a facebook page for those accepted? I accepted a spot in December but just now got around to thinking about FB.
I think so, although now that I think about it a mentor of mine took it upon himself to independently send a letter on my behalf. I am no expert but I expect if you call the admissions committee they will let you know. I tried to send more than the required amount of letters to all my schools. If you have three, then go ahead and send three.
Yea I only have two right now. I emailed them a little while ago. May not get a reply until tomorrow which is ok.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is, as soon as the FB person for the Welcoming Committee gets your name from Mrs. Donna, They will send you an invite. The emails go to whatever address you put on your application
I'll keep an eye out but I have not seen anything yet. Thanks for letting me know. As soon as I posted I saw something to that effect earlier in the thread.
When they invite you for interview do they call you on your phone or email you? Thanks.
When they invite you for interview do they call you on your phone or email you? Thanks.
You'll get an email from Mrs. Donna Day with instructions
Last AOA match(2014) WCUCOM had 37 of 58 match. After the scramble 54 of the 58 found a spot.Only 32 out of the 53 people matched from WCUCOM on Monday. That is horrendous.
IMO doesn't seem too bad considering the
First time pass rate for comlex one
class of 2014- 73%
class of 2015- 76%
class of 2016 - rumored around 88%
Last edited:
WCUCOM or ACOM?
ACOM first class graduates in 2017WCUCOM or ACOM?
ACOM first class graduates in 2017
Ah. That complicates things
98.6% matched 1st time for AOA and ACGME combined. 2 Students had to scramble/SOAP. 1 got a residency, unfortunately the other one didn't finish.
Just to clarify, you're stating that the first WCU-COM class that participated match 98.6% of its eligible students before the scramble/soap? Because this is a significantly different (almost double) number than what was given to me by my two friends there, a 2nd and 3rd year.
Having a low number of students match AOA is actually a good thing.Only 32 out of the 53 people matched from WCUCOM on Monday. That is horrendous.
But 53 people? How big is WCU's class? I thought it was closer to 100. Perhaps 53 is the number of students who ranked programs in the AOA match.
Last edited:
I made this choice and for me the big factor was the friends I had at WCUCOM. Other than that they were even. ACOM is super new and still has some mistakes to makeWCUCOM or ACOM?
The class sizes are around 100, 53 is the amount that participated in the AOA match.Having a low number of students match AOA is actually a good thing.
But 53 people? How big is WCU's class? I thought it was closer to 100. Perhaps 53 is the number of students who ranked programs in the AOA match.
Just to clarify, you're stating that the first WCU-COM class that participated match 98.6% of its eligible students before the scramble/soap? Because this is a significantly different (almost double) number than what was given to me by my two friends there, a 2nd and 3rd year.
That is correct. Those are the numbers I confirmed with 2 different members of administration-1 who is directly involved with the process.
Although that doesn't match up with what the students said, that's pretty impressive given the god awful step 1 pass rate the first (and second) year had.That is correct. Those are the numbers I confirmed with 2 different members of administration-1 who is directly involved with the process.
The class sizes are around 100, 53 is the amount that participated in the AOA match.
I figured as much. Given that LSU and Jackson are in close proximity it makes sense that many of them try their luck there. LSU is pretty DO friendly despite what their students will tell you. They have DO's in almost every program except the heavy hitters, and EM - which LSU is nationally known for having a pretty strong program.
I figured as much. Given that LSU and Jackson are in close proximity it makes sense that many of them try their luck there. LSU is pretty DO friendly despite what their students will tell you. They have DO's in almost every program except the heavy hitters, and EM - which LSU is nationally known for having a pretty strong program.
LSU's EM programs are interesting when it comes to DO's. New Orleans doesn't currently have any, DO's can't even do 4th year rotations there. But, the Baton Rouge EM program is extremely DO (and Carib) friendly. One of our current 4th years just got off a rotation there. Shreveport doesn't have any either.
Baton Rouge was at the top of my list until they closed the old, state-run hospital and joined forces with another local hospital. One of the ED's that had also been a rotation site is closing in about 30 days. New Program Director came in, and conveniently non-renewed the contracts of the attendings from the old facility. (Most had been in EM for 10+ years, a couple had been in it since EM gained acceptance as a specialty.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would imagine that they pull them off of the waitlist up until the first week of school. I've been invited to the Facebook page via email, but don't have a Facebook account.Does anyone know at what point WCUCOM pulls from the wait list? Also, how many are currently on the FB page for class of 2019? We all know how horridly awful this waiting is!!!!!
Hi, Is the wait list for the interview or after the interview for the acceptance?? Thanks.Does anyone know at what point WCUCOM pulls from the wait list? Also, how many are currently on the FB page for class of 2019? We all know how horridly awful this waiting is!!!!!
The term wait list refers to the group of people in limbo post interview. A hold is a similar situation only it is pre interview.Hi, Is the wait list for the interview or after the interview for the acceptance?? Thanks.
Does anyone know at what point WCUCOM pulls from the wait list? Also, how many are currently on the FB page for class of 2019? We all know how horridly awful this waiting is!!!!!
They will pull from the waitlist all the way up to the 1st week of class, and they will accept students all the way to the last interview (I was in the next to last, all 5 of us got accepted) There are only 30 on the facebook page so far.
Did anybody got an interview call after December 2014? Anybody giving interview on March 16, 2015?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 297
- Views
- 49K
- Replies
- 482
- Views
- 95K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 139K
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 246K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K