Would long hair be an issue during interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LaundryHamper

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was speaking to a family friend who is a doctor, and he told that before interviews I should really cut my hair (I am a guy), according to him doctors and dentists tend to be pretty old school, and view longer hair as punk or unprofessional. In fact, he told me that if he was interviewing, my hair would definitely have a negative impact on my application. My hair isn't super long, but it is long enough that I can sweep it behind my ears. This is the first time I've been growing it out, and I've been growing it for 2 years, so I don't want to cut it, but if that's what you have to do, then that's what it is. This is what my hair looks like:

Snapchat-53803911.jpg


Sorry for the bad quality. Can't figure out how to make the picture smaller. I don't know my hair is long enough to qualify as unprofessional, or how much of an impact it would have in an interview.

Thanks you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad