WSU c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel decent! I haven’t gotten any confirmation/timeline notification from them though. Have you?
No, and honestly it’s making me really anxious. I don’t even know when to expect interview invites (I need to call them lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
No, and honestly it’s making me really anxious. I don’t even know when to expect interview invites (I need to call them lol)
Based on last years thread, it doesn’t look like people got a confirmation email until mid October-early November. Then interview invites went out to OOS applicant mid November to mid December.

If I remember correctly, on your application portal you should have a notification after you’ve submitted? If everything there says it’s complete, you’re fine :)

If I remember correctly, on your application portal you should have a notification after you’ve submitted? If everything there says it’s complete, you’re fine :)

Yes! The only email I have received from them is a message stating my application was complete on Sept. 27.
8006789bb0cc3734ca56a33a79d2660023d66fd71ea1755948161b32292801bf.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Yes! The only email I have received from them is a message stating my application was complete on Sept. 27.
8006789bb0cc3734ca56a33a79d2660023d66fd71ea1755948161b32292801bf.jpg
Weird, I never got an email from them, although my portal says I'm good! I don't know what's harder, waiting or completing the applications!

Reactions: 1 user
Weird, I never got an email from them, although my portal says I'm good! I don't know what's harder, waiting or completing the applications!
Check your spam :)

A friend actually had her acceptance and interview invite go there, and she didn’t know until after she got the hard copy in the mail :laugh:

Check your spam :)

A friend actually had her acceptance and interview invite go there, and she didn’t know until after she got the hard copy in the mail :laugh:
Haha she experienced what it must have been like 20 years ago!
I checked my spam, not luck there :mad:

Update: Just got an email sent 2 minutes ago lol. WSU ears must have been tingling!

Haha she experienced what it must have been like 20 years ago!
I checked my spam, not luck there :mad:

Update: Just got an email sent 2 minutes ago lol. WSU ears must have been tingling!

Their ears are definitely burning right now. haha but yay! I'm glad!

I just finally decided to start looking at my portals but all of them basically said my VMCAS hasn’t come through. Which is totally understandable bc I was just verified Monday. But on WSU’s it says they recieved it Wednesday and my application is complete and under review.....:wideyed:

Wasn’t expecting that lol. But they never sent me an email :shrug:

Maybe posting on here will make the email come through lol.

I just finally decided to start looking at my portals but all of them basically said my VMCAS hasn’t come through. Which is totally understandable bc I was just verified Monday. But on WSU’s it says they recieved it Wednesday and my application is complete and under review.....:wideyed:

Wasn’t expecting that lol. But they never sent me an email :shrug:

Maybe posting on here will make the email come through lol.
Haha I think the trick is posting on her because I got my email after that! I actually also logged into my portal and clicked around to make sure my information was correct..I think the clicking around may have induced an email? I’m just speculating at this point lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions. For IS applicants, plan to hear back mid- to late November. Beginning of December at the latest!

My portal says my application is complete and under review. Not sure how long it’s said that, I was looking at the bottom of the page every other time I logged in. :smack:

I’ve been trying hard to find how the class schedule works at WSU for the vet school. I know roughly the courses that we take, but is it arranged like a lecture where we are in a single class for 6 hours a day? Is it arranged like undergrad with separate classes? Block scheduling?

I’ve been trying hard to find how the class schedule works at WSU for the vet school. I know roughly the courses that we take, but is it arranged like a lecture where we are in a single class for 6 hours a day? Is it arranged like undergrad with separate classes? Block scheduling?
You have separate classes, though they try to integrate the curriculum so that you'll be covering the same system in classes when possible. That's done more second and third year. No blocks, but second year spring and third year fall there are classes that are only half the semester and you start a second half way through, but it's only one or two classes.

You have separate classes, though they try to integrate the curriculum so that you'll be covering the same system in classes when possible. That's done more second and third year. No blocks, but second year spring and third year fall there are classes that are only half the semester and you start a second half way through, but it's only one or two classes.
Thank you!

WSU is one of my top choices!

*checks email even more frequently now*

Am I the only IS here? That's funny :eek:
I'm an IS too! I've just been lurking honestly. I'm anxiously waiting for my invite :(.

Also side note: I SWEAR I saw somewhere when I was working on my application initially that said if you have a GPA/GRE higher than something specific and you're IS, you're essentially offered an interview no matter what.

I'm an IS too! I've just been lurking honestly. I'm anxiously waiting for my invite :(.

Also side note: I SWEAR I saw somewhere when I was working on my application initially that said if you have a GPA/GRE higher than something specific and you're IS, you're essentially offered an interview no matter what.

I'm not sure about how being IS factors in since I am applying OOS, but I do know that based on GRE/GPA most applicants in tier 1 in the academic breakdown are invited to interview!

Here's the link where they break down the different tiers http://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/academic-criteria

I'm not sure about how being IS factors in since I am applying OOS, but I do know that based on GRE/GPA most applicants in tier 1 are invited to interview!

Here's the link where they break down the different tiers
Oh yes that's it! I was frantically searching through the website and couldn't find it myself. I was beginning to think I was crazy.

Oh yes that's it! I was frantically searching through the website and couldn't find it myself. I was beginning to think I was crazy.

I read that you are much more likely to get an interview, but I don’t think it guarantees an interview being a certain tier

I read that you are much more likely to get an interview, but I don’t think it guarantees an interview being a certain tier
It's possible I was slightly extrapolating and drawing my knowledge of their undergrad acceptance things too (which would be my bad). But, from the tier explanations, it does say that basically almost every person that is Tier 1 is invited to interview. I never said guarantees, I said essentially everyone (which is more meant to mean "the majority of").

Got an IS interview notification today!

I got an interview notification today as well! (I'm IS too). My interview date was automatically chosen for me, I wasn't given an option for date or time. I'm set for Jan 17th.

I got an interview notification today as well! (I'm IS too). My interview date was automatically chosen for me, I wasn't given an option for date or time. I'm set for Jan 17th.
Congrats! Hope it goes well :)

This is making me more anxious haha. I'm OOS but they do OOS interviews at the end of January so it can't be too much longer before they start sending those invites.

Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

This is making me more anxious haha. I'm OOS but they do OOS interviews at the end of January so it can't be too much longer before they start sending those invites.

Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
OOS interview invites have typically gone out sometime in early to mid December :)

Obviously it could differ, but last year OOS invites went out the day before Thanksgiving

Reactions: 4 users
Obviously it could differ, but last year OOS invites went out the day before Thanksgiving
Interesting! Admittedly I did not pay attention to this thread last year until interviews started haha

They might be trying to move up all the invites then. The last few years IS has gone out way earlier than the did in the past.

OOS will just have to wait and see what happens this year. Hopefully you guys don’t have to wait too much longer then :)