-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WSU c/o 2023 Applicants
Started by PrincessButterCup
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
But moscow is only like 10 min away?Pullman sucks. But I'm applying anyway , in state and all![]()
No, and honestly it’s making me really anxious. I don’t even know when to expect interview invites (I need to call them lol)I feel decent! I haven’t gotten any confirmation/timeline notification from them though. Have you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on last years thread, it doesn’t look like people got a confirmation email until mid October-early November. Then interview invites went out to OOS applicant mid November to mid December.No, and honestly it’s making me really anxious. I don’t even know when to expect interview invites (I need to call them lol)
I think on the website somewhere it says everyone will be notified by mid December if I remember correctly.No, and honestly it’s making me really anxious. I don’t even know when to expect interview invites (I need to call them lol)
If I remember correctly, on your application portal you should have a notification after you’ve submitted? If everything there says it’s complete, you’re fine 🙂
Yes! The only email I have received from them is a message stating my application was complete on Sept. 27.
Weird, I never got an email from them, although my portal says I'm good! I don't know what's harder, waiting or completing the applications!Yes! The only email I have received from them is a message stating my application was complete on Sept. 27.
![]()
Check your spam 🙂Weird, I never got an email from them, although my portal says I'm good! I don't know what's harder, waiting or completing the applications!
A friend actually had her acceptance and interview invite go there, and she didn’t know until after she got the hard copy in the mail

Haha she experienced what it must have been like 20 years ago!Check your spam 🙂
A friend actually had her acceptance and interview invite go there, and she didn’t know until after she got the hard copy in the mail![]()
I checked my spam, not luck there 😡
Update: Just got an email sent 2 minutes ago lol. WSU ears must have been tingling!
Haha she experienced what it must have been like 20 years ago!
I checked my spam, not luck there 😡
Update: Just got an email sent 2 minutes ago lol. WSU ears must have been tingling!
Their ears are definitely burning right now. haha but yay! I'm glad!
I just finally decided to start looking at my portals but all of them basically said my VMCAS hasn’t come through. Which is totally understandable bc I was just verified Monday. But on WSU’s it says they recieved it Wednesday and my application is complete and under review.....
Wasn’t expecting that lol. But they never sent me an email
Maybe posting on here will make the email come through lol.
Wasn’t expecting that lol. But they never sent me an email

Maybe posting on here will make the email come through lol.
Haha I think the trick is posting on her because I got my email after that! I actually also logged into my portal and clicked around to make sure my information was correct..I think the clicking around may have induced an email? I’m just speculating at this point lolI just finally decided to start looking at my portals but all of them basically said my VMCAS hasn’t come through. Which is totally understandable bc I was just verified Monday. But on WSU’s it says they recieved it Wednesday and my application is complete and under review.....
Wasn’t expecting that lol. But they never sent me an email
Maybe posting on here will make the email come through lol.
I called admissions. For IS applicants, plan to hear back mid- to late November. Beginning of December at the latest!
Dont worry guys you'll know soon enough although it doesn't seem that way! A sighting indicated that the admissions committee was working on apps this am [emoji848] Goodluck guys!I called admissions. For IS applicants, plan to hear back mid- to late November. Beginning of December at the latest!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My portal says my application is complete and under review. Not sure how long it’s said that, I was looking at the bottom of the page every other time I logged in. 

I’ve been trying hard to find how the class schedule works at WSU for the vet school. I know roughly the courses that we take, but is it arranged like a lecture where we are in a single class for 6 hours a day? Is it arranged like undergrad with separate classes? Block scheduling?
You have separate classes, though they try to integrate the curriculum so that you'll be covering the same system in classes when possible. That's done more second and third year. No blocks, but second year spring and third year fall there are classes that are only half the semester and you start a second half way through, but it's only one or two classes.I’ve been trying hard to find how the class schedule works at WSU for the vet school. I know roughly the courses that we take, but is it arranged like a lecture where we are in a single class for 6 hours a day? Is it arranged like undergrad with separate classes? Block scheduling?
Thank you!You have separate classes, though they try to integrate the curriculum so that you'll be covering the same system in classes when possible. That's done more second and third year. No blocks, but second year spring and third year fall there are classes that are only half the semester and you start a second half way through, but it's only one or two classes.
Just accepted interview slot for Jan 17 (IS)
Congrats!Just accepted interview slot for Jan 17 (IS)
Just accepted interview slot for Jan 17 (IS)
CONGRATS!!!
YAAAAYJust accepted interview slot for Jan 17 (IS)
Yay! Come see me 🙂Just accepted interview slot for Jan 17 (IS)
YOURE GONNA KILL IT COFFEEEEE!!!!Just accepted interview slot for Jan 17 (IS)
Drehearts
Full Member
Haha she experienced what it must have been like 20 years ago!
I checked my spam, not luck there 😡
Update: Just got an email sent 2 minutes ago lol. WSU ears must have been tingling!
Are you IS or OOS?
I’m OOS! I poke around on the portal a little bit then they sent me the email lol.Are you IS or OOS?
Drehearts
Full Member
I’m OOS! I poke around on the portal a little bit then they sent me the email lol.
lol! Definitely just did that after reading your post. Hoping something comes through! Thanks 🙂
Congrats!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted929565
What is your in-state? I'm in Utah.Just accepted interview slot for Jan 17 (IS)
WashingtonWhat is your in-state? I'm in Utah.
I know!! Now I’m anxious as hell!
Am I the only IS here? That's funny 😱
WSU never really seems to have a big presence here. TBH this is more active than the applicants thread usually isAm I the only IS here? That's funny 😱

I'm an IS too! I've just been lurking honestly. I'm anxiously waiting for my invite 🙁.Am I the only IS here? That's funny 😱
Also side note: I SWEAR I saw somewhere when I was working on my application initially that said if you have a GPA/GRE higher than something specific and you're IS, you're essentially offered an interview no matter what.
I'm an IS too! I've just been lurking honestly. I'm anxiously waiting for my invite 🙁.
Also side note: I SWEAR I saw somewhere when I was working on my application initially that said if you have a GPA/GRE higher than something specific and you're IS, you're essentially offered an interview no matter what.
I'm not sure about how being IS factors in since I am applying OOS, but I do know that based on GRE/GPA most applicants in tier 1 in the academic breakdown are invited to interview!
Here's the link where they break down the different tiers http://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/academic-criteria
Oh yes that's it! I was frantically searching through the website and couldn't find it myself. I was beginning to think I was crazy.I'm not sure about how being IS factors in since I am applying OOS, but I do know that based on GRE/GPA most applicants in tier 1 are invited to interview!
Here's the link where they break down the different tiers
Oh yes that's it! I was frantically searching through the website and couldn't find it myself. I was beginning to think I was crazy.
I read that you are much more likely to get an interview, but I don’t think it guarantees an interview being a certain tier
It's possible I was slightly extrapolating and drawing my knowledge of their undergrad acceptance things too (which would be my bad). But, from the tier explanations, it does say that basically almost every person that is Tier 1 is invited to interview. I never said guarantees, I said essentially everyone (which is more meant to mean "the majority of").I read that you are much more likely to get an interview, but I don’t think it guarantees an interview being a certain tier
Congratulations!!!!Got an IS interview notification today!
Awesome!! Good luck. When is your date?Got an IS interview notification today!
Got an IS interview notification today!
I got an interview notification today as well! (I'm IS too). My interview date was automatically chosen for me, I wasn't given an option for date or time. I'm set for Jan 17th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Hope it goes well 🙂I got an interview notification today as well! (I'm IS too). My interview date was automatically chosen for me, I wasn't given an option for date or time. I'm set for Jan 17th.
This is making me more anxious haha. I'm OOS but they do OOS interviews at the end of January so it can't be too much longer before they start sending those invites.
Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview!
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview!
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
OOS interview invites have typically gone out sometime in early to mid December 🙂This is making me more anxious haha. I'm OOS but they do OOS interviews at the end of January so it can't be too much longer before they start sending those invites.
Congratulations to everyone that has received an interview!
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Interesting! Admittedly I did not pay attention to this thread last year until interviews started hahaObviously it could differ, but last year OOS invites went out the day before Thanksgiving
They might be trying to move up all the invites then. The last few years IS has gone out way earlier than the did in the past.
OOS will just have to wait and see what happens this year. Hopefully you guys don’t have to wait too much longer then 🙂