-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WSU c/o 2023 Applicants
Started by PrincessButterCup
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any Idaho residents heard yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Accepted without interview! If you are interested in my Stats, let me know! I will privately PM you! [emoji2]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Sorry I posted this twice. I don’t really understand SDN’s Mobile app. Haha.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OOS Accepted without interview! If you are interested in my Stats, let me know!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Would you be willing to post your stats?
I didn’t know they accepted without interviews. Congratulations! I would also be interested in your stats.OOS Accepted without interview! If you are interested in my Stats, let me know!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry for all the questions, what state are you from and which campus were you accepted for?
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Also did you get an email? When did you get it!OOS Accepted without interview! If you are interested in my Stats, let me know!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry for all the questions, what state are you from and which campus were you accepted for?
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
No worries! I saw the questions coming. I’m at work now so I will post my stats a bit later. But I am from NM and I am a first time applicant.
I am accepted to the Pullman campus.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I didn’t know they accepted without interviews. Congratulations! I would also be interested in your stats.
Thank you!!! I didn’t know the accepted without interviews either. But in the voicemail they left me they said they offer acceptance to “exceptional applicants”. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2] IM SO EXCITED. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji2][emoji2]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I took a peek at last years thread and some people mentioned that early acceptances are WICHE only. I did find this tidbit on their admissions website however that states "When evaluating an applicant, the Admissions Committee considers both academic and non-cognitive qualities which may include a personal interview". So, I guess that means an interview is not necessarily required for admission for certain applicants.
http://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/non-cognitive-criteria
http://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/non-cognitive-criteria
Haha yeah, everyone else has to wait a few more months so we're all a little anxious. Congratulations on the acceptance!!!No worries! I saw the questions coming. I’m at work now so I will post my stats a bit later. But I am from NM and I am a first time applicant.
I am accepted to the Pullman campus.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Just confirming and clearing up the confusion. Like melizabeth said only WHICHE students have the opportunity to be accepted outright as "OSS"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I took a peek at last years thread and some people mentioned that early acceptances are WICHE only. I did find this tidbit on their admissions website however that states "When evaluating an applicant, the Admissions Committee considers both academic and non-cognitive qualities which may include a personal interview". So, I guess that means an interview is not necessarily required for admission for certain applicants.
http://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/non-cognitive-criteria
Oh! Yeah. So when I got my offer over the phone they told me that they accept “exceptional applicants” without interview from WICHE states. [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Also did you get an email? When did you get it!
I got my acceptance on Wednesday 11/7 at 4:30 pm, Mountain time. The director of admissions called me on Thursday, 11/8, in the morning.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Statistics
Accepted to Pullman campus, OOS, 1st time applicant, NM
cum. GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97
Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS
LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)
Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70
Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children volunteer (tutoring) — 200 hours
High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours
Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours
Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours
Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Accepted to Pullman campus, OOS, 1st time applicant, NM
cum. GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97
Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS
LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)
Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70
Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children volunteer (tutoring) — 200 hours
High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours
Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours
Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours
Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sounds well earned, congrats!Statistics
Accepted to Pullman campus, OOS, 1st time applicant, NM
cum. GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97
Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS
LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)
Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70
Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children volunteer (tutoring) — 200 hours
High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours
Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours
Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours
Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sounds well earned, congrats!
Thank you SO much!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Would you be willing to post your stats?
I posted my Stats! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I didn’t know they accepted without interviews. Congratulations! I would also be interested in your stats.
I posted my stats! 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Anyone heard anything yet?Obviously it could differ, but last year OOS invites went out the day before Thanksgiving
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Nothing here 🙁
**still compulsively refreshing my email**
Remember guys we operate on PST over here so people weren't even in the offices yet when you all were freaking out! Also they changed up sending out invites as IS have already gone out so not sure how much you all can rely on previous timelines! Relax I know it's hard and good luck! Feel free to pm me or ask any questions and I'll be glad to answer them.
I forget we're in different time zones, but I'm not freaking out yet. I know it could be today or not until December, I'm just excited. Also, it doesn't help being out of school and work for the holiday, I have too much free time to think about it haha. Thank you though, I'll keep that in mind.Remember guys we operate on PST over here so people weren't even in the offices yet when you all were freaking out! Also they changed up sending out invites as IS have already gone out so not sure how much you all can rely on previous timelines! Relax I know it's hard and good luck! Feel free to pm me or ask any questions and I'll be glad to answer them.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
I feel the whole having too much free time. I want to relax but then I'm bored. Should be studying yes, but it's also holiday and I don't want to do exams soon. I may have a problemI forget we're in different time zones, but I'm not freaking out yet. I know it could be today or not until December, I'm just excited. Also, it doesn't help being out of school and work for the holiday, I have too much free time to think about it haha. Thank you though, I'll keep that in mind.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

UAkron Student
Illinois C/O 2023
This waiting is killing me! Last year they heard back before Thanksgiving. So anytime now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay!! Congratulations!!!!OOS INTERVIEW INVITE AAAHHHHH (sent by email!)
**still compulsively refreshing my email**
I also received and OOS interview invite! Will likely decline since I accepted my conditional offer to Sydney though.OOS INTERVIEW INVITE AAAHHHHH (sent by email!)
OOS interview!!
I anxiously look at my email...so...does anyone know if all interview invites are sent out at once? I know previous years have been sent out in waves but I don't know anything about this year🙁
I anxiously look at my email...
I’m not sure if OOS are sent all at once or over a few days :/
Be sure to check your spam folders, and your applicant portal! Anything they send you will also show up there 🙂
Hi all, ultra-lurker here that just received an OOS interview. If anyone wants to split a $60-70 hotel room close by for 2 nights or less (Jan 27-29), dm me! Congrats everyone! 🙂
Just curious, did you just barely get it or just barely see it? Asking for a friend xD also you arent WICHE correct?Hi all, ultra-lurker here that just received an OOS interview. If anyone wants to split a $60-70 hotel room close by for 2 nights or less (Jan 27-29), dm me! Congrats everyone! 🙂
Just curious, did you just barely get it or just barely see it? Asking for a friend xD also you arent WICHE correct?
I received my invite midday today. Just trying to plan out the trip before prices jump.
I'm not a WICHE-sponsored student.
Also wondering this.... 🙁So does anyone know if all the invites went out at once or if there is waves? I haven't heard anything today and was really hoping to get an interview at WSU because it's in my top 3 school choices.
so...does anyone know if all interview invites are sent out at once? I know previous years have been sent out in waves but I don't know anything about this year🙁
Someone I know got an OOS interview invite about two weeks ago.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Were they WICHE though? Non-sponsored interview offers for WICH states go out with WICHE acceptances as well I believe.Someone I know got an OOS interview invite about two weeks ago.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know they did apply to WICHE. Whether they are WICHE accepted or not is something that is not known yet. I am also from NM (where this person is from) and I have been accepted already. But I was accepted on November 7th as a non-sponsored student until/if I get sponsorship from WICHE. At first I was worried they thought I was sponsored by wiche because I put on my supplemental app that I was applying as a wiche student and the reason why they accepted me because of the WICHE thing, but when I talked with them they said I may receive another offer from them as wiche supported.Were they WICHE though? Non-sponsored interview offers for WICH states go out with WICHE acceptances as well I believe.
I meant if they were from a WICHE state 🙂I know they did apply to WICHE. Whether they are WICHE accepted or not is something that is not known yet. I am also from NM (where this person is from) and I have been accepted already. But I was accepted on November 7th as a non-sponsored student until/if I get sponsorship from WICHE. At first I was worried they thought I was sponsored by wiche because I put on my supplemental app that I was applying as a wiche student and the reason why they accepted me because of the WICHE thing, but when I talked with them they said I may receive another offer from them as wiche supported.
WICHE states can get an acceptance without interviewing or an interview offer as an OOS 🙂
You were accepted as a WICHE applicant by WSU, but they know you may not receive funding. But they only offer acceptances without interviewing to WICHE state students.
Oh! Yes! They are from a WICHE state. 🙂 And this person was offered an interview two weeks ago, I think. Which would then make sense with the activity going on tonight. Those that were offered OOS interviews were offered now probably because they are not from WICHE state. The person I know got the interview notification sooner because they are from a WICHE state. Got it! 🙂I meant if they were from a WICHE state 🙂
WICHE states can get an acceptance without interviewing or an interview offer as an OOS 🙂
You were accepted as a WICHE applicant by WSU, but they know you may not receive funding. But they only offer acceptances without interviewing to WICHE state students.
And ok! Great! Hopefully I do get funding, lol. Getting in was the biggest waiting period, but now I have to wait yet again to see about WICHE lol.
Yay right through finals week!!Looking over last year's thread, it looks like they sent out invites in waves over a 2 week period. Congrats to all of those offered one, and fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!🙂
**still compulsively refreshing my email**