WSU c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite today!! IS Student

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations on the interviews everyone! WSU is awesome!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Accepted without interview! If you are interested in my Stats, let me know! I will privately PM you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
OOS Accepted without interview! If you are interested in my Stats, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn’t know they accepted without interviews. Congratulations! I would also be interested in your stats.

Sorry for all the questions, what state are you from and which campus were you accepted for?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Sorry for all the questions, what state are you from and which campus were you accepted for?

No worries! I saw the questions coming. I’m at work now so I will post my stats a bit later. But I am from NM and I am a first time applicant.
I am accepted to the Pullman campus.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t know they accepted without interviews. Congratulations! I would also be interested in your stats.

Thank you!!! I didn’t know the accepted without interviews either. But in the voicemail they left me they said they offer acceptance to “exceptional applicants”. IM SO EXCITED.

I took a peek at last years thread and some people mentioned that early acceptances are WICHE only. I did find this tidbit on their admissions website however that states "When evaluating an applicant, the Admissions Committee considers both academic and non-cognitive qualities which may include a personal interview". So, I guess that means an interview is not necessarily required for admission for certain applicants.

http://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/non-cognitive-criteria

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No worries! I saw the questions coming. I’m at work now so I will post my stats a bit later. But I am from NM and I am a first time applicant.
I am accepted to the Pullman campus.

Haha yeah, everyone else has to wait a few more months so we're all a little anxious. Congratulations on the acceptance!!!

I took a peek at last years thread and some people mentioned that early acceptances are WICHE only. I did find this tidbit on their admissions website however that states "When evaluating an applicant, the Admissions Committee considers both academic and non-cognitive qualities which may include a personal interview". So, I guess that means an interview is not necessarily required for admission for certain applicants.

http://dvm.vetmed.wsu.edu/admissions/non-cognitive-criteria

Oh! Yeah. So when I got my offer over the phone they told me that they accept “exceptional applicants” without interview from WICHE states.

Reactions: 2 users
Also did you get an email? When did you get it!

I got my acceptance on Wednesday 11/7 at 4:30 pm, Mountain time. The director of admissions called me on Thursday, 11/8, in the morning.

Statistics
Accepted to Pullman campus, OOS, 1st time applicant, NM
cum. GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97

Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS

LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)

Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70

Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children volunteer (tutoring) — 200 hours

High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours

Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours

Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours

Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.

Statistics
Accepted to Pullman campus, OOS, 1st time applicant, NM
cum. GPA: 3.92
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97

Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS

LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)

Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70

Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children volunteer (tutoring) — 200 hours

High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours

Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours

Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours

Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.

Sounds well earned, congrats!

Remember guys we operate on PST over here so people weren't even in the offices yet when you all were freaking out! Also they changed up sending out invites as IS have already gone out so not sure how much you all can rely on previous timelines! Relax I know it's hard and good luck! Feel free to pm me or ask any questions and I'll be glad to answer them.

Remember guys we operate on PST over here so people weren't even in the offices yet when you all were freaking out! Also they changed up sending out invites as IS have already gone out so not sure how much you all can rely on previous timelines! Relax I know it's hard and good luck! Feel free to pm me or ask any questions and I'll be glad to answer them.
I forget we're in different time zones, but I'm not freaking out yet. I know it could be today or not until December, I'm just excited. Also, it doesn't help being out of school and work for the holiday, I have too much free time to think about it haha. Thank you though, I'll keep that in mind.

I forget we're in different time zones, but I'm not freaking out yet. I know it could be today or not until December, I'm just excited. Also, it doesn't help being out of school and work for the holiday, I have too much free time to think about it haha. Thank you though, I'll keep that in mind.

I feel the whole having too much free time. I want to relax but then I'm bored. Should be studying yes, but it's also holiday and I don't want to do exams soon. I may have a problem :laugh:

This waiting is killing me! Last year they heard back before Thanksgiving. So anytime now!

OOS INTERVIEW INVITE AAAHHHHH (sent by email!)

Reactions: 9 users
OOS INTERVIEW INVITE AAAHHHHH (sent by email!)
I also received and OOS interview invite! Will likely decline since I accepted my conditional offer to Sydney though.

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats guys!!

so...does anyone know if all interview invites are sent out at once? I know previous years have been sent out in waves but I don't know anything about this year:(

so...does anyone know if all interview invites are sent out at once? I know previous years have been sent out in waves but I don't know anything about this year:(

:corny: I anxiously look at my email...

I’m not sure if OOS are sent all at once or over a few days :/

Be sure to check your spam folders, and your applicant portal! Anything they send you will also show up there :)

Hi all, ultra-lurker here that just received an OOS interview. If anyone wants to split a $60-70 hotel room close by for 2 nights or less (Jan 27-29), dm me! Congrats everyone! :)

Hi all, ultra-lurker here that just received an OOS interview. If anyone wants to split a $60-70 hotel room close by for 2 nights or less (Jan 27-29), dm me! Congrats everyone! :)
Just curious, did you just barely get it or just barely see it? Asking for a friend xD also you arent WICHE correct?

Just curious, did you just barely get it or just barely see it? Asking for a friend xD also you arent WICHE correct?

I received my invite midday today. Just trying to plan out the trip before prices jump.
I'm not a WICHE-sponsored student.

So does anyone know if all the invites went out at once or if there is waves? I haven't heard anything today and was really hoping to get an interview at WSU because it's in my top 3 school choices.

So does anyone know if all the invites went out at once or if there is waves? I haven't heard anything today and was really hoping to get an interview at WSU because it's in my top 3 school choices.
Also wondering this.... :(

Someone I know got an OOS interview invite about two weeks ago.

Someone I know got an OOS interview invite about two weeks ago.

Were they WICHE though? Non-sponsored interview offers for WICH states go out with WICHE acceptances as well I believe.

Were they WICHE though? Non-sponsored interview offers for WICH states go out with WICHE acceptances as well I believe.
I know they did apply to WICHE. Whether they are WICHE accepted or not is something that is not known yet. I am also from NM (where this person is from) and I have been accepted already. But I was accepted on November 7th as a non-sponsored student until/if I get sponsorship from WICHE. At first I was worried they thought I was sponsored by wiche because I put on my supplemental app that I was applying as a wiche student and the reason why they accepted me because of the WICHE thing, but when I talked with them they said I may receive another offer from them as wiche supported.

I know they did apply to WICHE. Whether they are WICHE accepted or not is something that is not known yet. I am also from NM (where this person is from) and I have been accepted already. But I was accepted on November 7th as a non-sponsored student until/if I get sponsorship from WICHE. At first I was worried they thought I was sponsored by wiche because I put on my supplemental app that I was applying as a wiche student and the reason why they accepted me because of the WICHE thing, but when I talked with them they said I may receive another offer from them as wiche supported.
I meant if they were from a WICHE state :)

WICHE states can get an acceptance without interviewing or an interview offer as an OOS :)

You were accepted as a WICHE applicant by WSU, but they know you may not receive funding. But they only offer acceptances without interviewing to WICHE state students.

I meant if they were from a WICHE state :)

WICHE states can get an acceptance without interviewing or an interview offer as an OOS :)

You were accepted as a WICHE applicant by WSU, but they know you may not receive funding. But they only offer acceptances without interviewing to WICHE state students.
Oh! Yes! They are from a WICHE state. :) And this person was offered an interview two weeks ago, I think. Which would then make sense with the activity going on tonight. Those that were offered OOS interviews were offered now probably because they are not from WICHE state. The person I know got the interview notification sooner because they are from a WICHE state. Got it! :)

And ok! Great! Hopefully I do get funding, lol. Getting in was the biggest waiting period, but now I have to wait yet again to see about WICHE lol.

Looking over last year's thread, it looks like they sent out invites in waves over a 2 week period. Congrats to all of those offered one, and fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!:)

Reactions: 3 users
Looking over last year's thread, it looks like they sent out invites in waves over a 2 week period. Congrats to all of those offered one, and fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!:)
Yay right through finals week!!

**still compulsively refreshing my email**