WSU c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a snail mail rejection!

edit: i'm OOS

edit again: I was Tier 1 for GRE

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
If you haven't gotten an email or a letter should you assume you've been rejected and the mail hasn't caught up?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone's portal been updated? Anyone who received an invite earlier this month or anyone who has gotten a rejection? I just want to know if it's even a reliable source at this point.
 
Has anyone's portal been updated? Anyone who received an invite earlier this month or anyone who has gotten a rejection? I just want to know if it's even a reliable source at this point.

I got an interview early December and my portal has been updated too. It says “Interview Notification” under the Messages. According to the time stamp on the portal, the portal updated 3 hrs before I got my email!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I got an interview early December and my portal has been updated too. It says “Interview Notification” under the Messages. According to the time stamp on the portal, the portal updated 3 hrs before I got my email!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ok cool, thanks for the info!
 
Has anyone's portal been updated? Anyone who received an invite earlier this month or anyone who has gotten a rejection? I just want to know if it's even a reliable source at this point.

I got a rejection letter yesterday, my portal hasn’t been updated.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Portals will not be updated for rejections.

Sorry for people receiving bad news 🙁

Try remember the OOS pool is huge and they only interview a handful of them in comparison to the number that apply. I hope you guys get good news from another school soon! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if they send rejection letters in one batch and they just arrive a few days apart due to the postal service living up to its name of "snail" mail or if they do multiple sets of rejection letters. I also wonder if they're done giving out invites and I should just wait patiently for my mail today.
 
I get an USPS informed delivery digest email everyday that shows me what mail I have coming, and unfortunately I do have a letter from WSU (postmarked from the 14th) coming in the mail today :/ I live in northern CA.
 
OOS rejection letter received today via snail mail. Congratulations to everyone who did get an interview!
 
Finally got my rejection letter. I wish it didn’t take so long, the waiting wasn’t good for me.

There’s always next cycle though. Congrats to all who got an interview!
 
Still nothing in the mail for me - snail mail or email. And no portal update. Did they forget about me lol?
 
I would probably wait till Friday before calling or emailing. Just in case they sent out two waves of letters.

I’m sorry for people still in limbo, I know that’s hard 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I high key wish that WSU had an active account like NCSU on here. Whoever runs their account is an internet troll and I love it.
That would be awesome xD watching the panic haha everyday I go to the mailbox and there's no letter is a good day for me!