WSU c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a snail mail rejection!

edit: i'm OOS

edit again: I was Tier 1 for GRE

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also got a snail mail OOS rejection today, no email or portal updates. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

What does snail mail rejection mean?

Haven't gotten any emails or snail mail from them

Y’all made me run out into the cold to check my mailbox....lol

There was nothing

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't gotten an email or a letter should you assume you've been rejected and the mail hasn't caught up?

If you haven't gotten an email or a letter should you assume you've been rejected and the mail hasn't caught up?
ORRRR Possibly they're sending out more interview invites and just waiting to give us the good news lol *wishful thinking*

ORRRR Possibly they're sending out more interview invites and just waiting to give us the good news lol *wishful thinking*

My brain is going between both of these thoughts simultaneously.

Reactions: 6 users
Nothing in the snail mail and no emails or changes on the portal. Really hoping no news is good news!

To those of you who received rejection letters, what region of the US are you in? (Southeast, Midwest, etc.) Wondering if mine will be here tomorrow lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

I am in the Northeast.

To those of you who received rejection letters, what region of the US are you in? (Southeast, Midwest, etc.) Wondering if mine will be here tomorrow lol.

West coast, only like a 6 hour drive from Pullman haha

Has anyone's portal been updated? Anyone who received an invite earlier this month or anyone who has gotten a rejection? I just want to know if it's even a reliable source at this point.

Has anyone's portal been updated? Anyone who received an invite earlier this month or anyone who has gotten a rejection? I just want to know if it's even a reliable source at this point.

I got an interview early December and my portal has been updated too. It says “Interview Notification” under the Messages. According to the time stamp on the portal, the portal updated 3 hrs before I got my email!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview early December and my portal has been updated too. It says “Interview Notification” under the Messages. According to the time stamp on the portal, the portal updated 3 hrs before I got my email!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ok cool, thanks for the info!

OOS rejected on the east coast, my portal hasn't changed. Tier 1 for all

Midwest

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I got a rejection letter yesterday, my portal hasn’t been updated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Agh. I’m betting my rejection will arrive today. I’m in Southern California.

Portals will not be updated for rejections.

Sorry for people receiving bad news :(

Try remember the OOS pool is huge and they only interview a handful of them in comparison to the number that apply. I hope you guys get good news from another school soon! :)

Got my rejection letter today lol. I’m in southern California

I wonder if they send rejection letters in one batch and they just arrive a few days apart due to the postal service living up to its name of "snail" mail or if they do multiple sets of rejection letters. I also wonder if they're done giving out invites and I should just wait patiently for my mail today.

I get an USPS informed delivery digest email everyday that shows me what mail I have coming, and unfortunately I do have a letter from WSU (postmarked from the 14th) coming in the mail today :/ I live in northern CA.

OOS rejection letter received today via snail mail. Congratulations to everyone who did get an interview!

I checked my mail and still nothing...I feel like my mail lady is trying to delay the inevitable.

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got my rejection letter. I wish it didn’t take so long, the waiting wasn’t good for me.

There’s always next cycle though. Congrats to all who got an interview!

I still haven't gotten anything, maybe it was lost in the mail.

I still haven't gotten anything, maybe it was lost in the mail.

Same here!

But, I did sign my home up for the USPS digest like @melizabeth18 was talking about! I had no idea they had that. So thank you for that!

Still nothing in the mail for me - snail mail or email. And no portal update. Did they forget about me lol?

I'm hoping it means good things. So far we're still in the running.

I'm hoping it means good things. So far we're still in the running.
I'm wondering if I should email them. I haven't been emailing schools bc I don't want to bother them, but low key concerned.

I would probably wait till Friday before calling or emailing. Just in case they sent out two waves of letters.

I’m sorry for people still in limbo, I know that’s hard :(

Mail arrived, still nothing.

I'm not looking forward to it xD still in the running!

I'm not looking forward to it xD still in the running!

I high key wish that WSU had an active account like NCSU on here. Whoever runs their account is an internet troll and I love it.

Reactions: 2 users
I high key wish that WSU had an active account like NCSU on here. Whoever runs their account is an internet troll and I love it.
That would be awesome xD watching the panic haha everyday I go to the mailbox and there's no letter is a good day for me!