This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wabunasabi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been accepted to WSU ESFCOM (allopathic) as well as PNWU (osteopathic). I have been incredibly torn.

WSU:
- New school, part of the inaugural class
-small class size of 60
-$8,000 in scholarships
-amazing anatomy lab and campus
-large city with plenty of opportunities for me to pursue my hobbies outside of medicine
-concern about lack of faculty organization
-concern about lack of class schedule and very ambitious ideas for a first year program

PNWU:
-beautiful campus
-attentive and organized faculty
-$20,000 more expensive than WSU
-not as excited about the city (Yakima)

I am mostly concerned that by being a part of an inaugural class I will be dealing with a huge amount of inorganization. I am concerned about how this will impact my chances placing during residency and getting into a competitive program.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I don't know why you are so torn. A very rural focused DO school and an MD school should result in taking the MD 10/10

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of people underestimate the boost of going to an allopathic school over an osteopathic one. But this is one of those decisions in life where you are objectively making a wrong one for your academic and professional career for choosing the osteopathic school, with all other factors being equal. It's limiting your opportunities and making life more difficult during residency application season.