WW Game of Thrones.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We lost two?! Sansa Stark and an other, better than two villagers at least. But what does "Or at least, dead again. The people quickly burn the body. This is the enemy of old, come again." mean?
If you don't burn the body, the dead person comes back to life.

Members don't see this ad.

Did someone just have a really lucky guess and have a killing-type item? Unless there are two bad guy groups... and they each get to kill each night.

It's happened before in our games. And that would be interesting if it was happening again. I know people said all of the characters are kind of shady and twisted, so it would kind of make sense to me. I'm still only on like Chapter 2 of the book because my mom keeps taking her kindle from me, so I haven't made much progress.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Others are like evil "entities" that live beyond the wall, if they kill you you come back as a zombie thing. In the show they are referred to as white walkers

jzhiS.jpg

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, peeps.

Glad that there are other nerds around :laugh:

The Others are like evil "entities" that live beyond the wall, if they kill you you come back as a zombie thing. In the show they are referred to as white walkers

jzhiS.jpg

PS. This picture is going to give me nightmares. Thanks a lot.

It's happened before in our games. And that would be interesting if it was happening again. I know people said all of the characters are kind of shady and twisted, so it would kind of make sense to me. I'm still only on like Chapter 2 of the book because my mom keeps taking her kindle from me, so I haven't made much progress.

I could see a group of others and then like the Lannisters being a different bad guy group. There's no arguing that Joffrey is evil through and through. But would he be in the same group as the others?

haha the one item my brother-in-law could think of was "dragon eggs"

how substantial are they to the series? Good item or bad slash obviously you think they kill?
Daenerys Targaryaen hatches the eggs and raises the dragons. It is pretty important in the story.

Okay, thanks for the knowledge. :) I really need to get cracking on that book.

You think the attempt backfired on the wolf?
That was my initial guess. And that is kind of a normal thing to have happen in these games.

But more than 1 group of bad guys is another possibility, although allowing them to kill each other is kind of bad form (although it has been done by LissaRae - and I was one of the wolves killed by a wolf :smuggrin: - didn't like that idea back then, though if that is what happened here, it seems more agreeable:D).

Who was it that said they would get nightmares from the picture I posted in the jurassic park game of the fake dinosaur from that tv show :laugh:

And we have to lynch someone by 8 am!?

Basic interpretation (assuming regular rules and character stereotypes). The wolves ("Others" perhaps white walkers too) attacked FTB. FTB had a role that kills any wolf that attacks her at night. Its a pretty common role and one that fits her position as Sansa. Sansa would have guards that would kill whomever attacks her.

I am reading the fearsome shadow as potential reference to a dragon... but that doesnt really fit the lore. For all that dragons *were* a huge threat. And for all that the Khaleesi does have little baby dragons... in the current lore of GoT dragons are no the threat. White Walkers are.

for those who don't follow the lore. White walkers are mystical ice-creatures that live north of the wall and are rumored to run rampant when long winters do come. They have this terrible tendency to kill people and resurrect them as blue eyed zombies (aka the others) who choke people out. They're basically the scariest freaks in the show, besides the scary truth that humans are treacherous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh eff. Just realized the lynch deadline is 8 AM. And I'm about to head to bed, and will not be up before 7 to vote. Any ideas, people?

Aww FTB :(
I was looking foward to being teammates again.

Atleast a wolf died too. Did FTB's role have something to do with the wolfs death or is there another force in play here?

That was my initial guess. And that is kind of a normal thing to have happen in these games.

But more than 1 group of bad guys is another possibility, although allowing them to kill each other is kind of bad form (although it has been done by LissaRae - and I was one of the wolves killed by a wolf :smuggrin: - didn't like that idea back then, though if that is what happened here, it seems more agreeable:D).

I was so upset when I learned I wasn't the reason you were dead because I was attacked that night and able to defend myself with the dinglehopper. Totally thought I killed you. =(

Oh eff. Just realized the lynch deadline is 8 AM. And I'm about to head to bed, and will not be up before 7 to vote. Any ideas, people?

I can make the lynch deadline later, but your write up will not be great - typing from my phone sucks and I'm at work ALL day tomorrow

I saw the picture and thought that's one awesome looking evil dude. I think I may have watched too many horror movies growing up though.

Also while there could be two groups of enemies... try not to get too wrapped up in that. The odds of that are very low when the odds of characters with defensive night time skills is a tried and true trope of these WW games. Also I had JJ on my short list of people to vote for just from how they were chatting in the early game. Admittedly not #1.... but near the top. If there are two groups of wolves then it seems even more unlikely that they would have chosen jj to kill. The way he was talking I would have let him keep on talking til someone lynched him.

Much more likely the wovles just got unlucky and hit on an night-defeneded villager.

Basic interpretation (assuming regular rules and character stereotypes). The wolves ("Others" perhaps white walkers too) attacked FTB. FTB had a role that kills any wolf that attacks her at night. Its a pretty common role and one that fits her position as Sansa. Sansa would have guards that would kill whomever attacks her.

I am reading the fearsome shadow as potential reference to a dragon... but that doesnt really fit the lore. For all that dragons *were* a huge threat. And for all that the Khaleesi does have little baby dragons... in the current lore of GoT dragons are no the threat. White Walkers are.

for those who don't follow the lore. White walkers are mystical ice-creatures that live north of the wall and are rumored to run rampant when long winters do come. They have this terrible tendency to kill people and resurrect them as blue eyed zombies (aka the others) who choke people out. They're basically the scariest freaks in the show, besides the scary truth that humans are treacherous.
I feel like when wolves are taken down by killing a player with a wolf killer role, the write ups usually make that clear. This was not the case with these deaths. That's why I think it would be more likely to have 2 groups.

As for the dragons, they are a threat to Meereen and the rest of Essos. The Others are more of a threat to Westeros. I don't think Dyachei was calling the dragons a group of bad guys, just hinting that they exist in the game.

Oh no!! FTB, so sorry you died!

She didn't share her role with me. Don't know about the rest of our group.

Ok tad bit confused by everything, but glad that it looks like a wolf went down in the whole debacle of the night's events. :) And Sheeps that picture is freaky

So jjohnston might have been trying to convert FTB, but it didn't work out for some reason? If I'm understanding you about the white walkers/zombie thing, that is.

And there's a lot of people playin. I totally would see two groups of wolves here.

So jjohnston might have been trying to convert FTB, but it didn't work out for some reason? If I'm understanding you about the white walkers/zombie thing, that is.

That's way too early!!! They'd probably wanna wait a lil plus mods usually have a time limit.

Likely not a conversion. Just that FTB kills a wolf if she is attacked at night. More likely there are 2/3/4 "others" and 1 "white walker" (again, assuming usual trends hold up). The white walker character can likely convert on some time schedule. The "others" are just wolf-y foot soldiers.

I was just enriching the story for people, so they know that white walkers kill people and raise them as "others"/zombies.

Also while there could be two groups of enemies... try not to get too wrapped up in that. The odds of that are very low when the odds of characters with defensive night time skills is a tried and true trope of these WW games. Also I had JJ on my short list of people to vote for just from how they were chatting in the early game. Admittedly not #1.... but near the top. If there are two groups of wolves then it seems even more unlikely that they would have chosen jj to kill. The way he was talking I would have let him keep on talking til someone lynched him.

Much more likely the wovles just got unlucky and hit on an night-defeneded villager.

I'm a she, just FYI. But my chatiness wasn't due to being a wolf, it was due to loving GoT :)

Posted too soon. But couldn't there be a bigger than usual group of wolves instead of 2 different groups?

The Other has to kill you first before you come back as a zombie thing unless the body is burned

I gotta go to sleep and will not make the early deadline, so I have to throw out a vote.

DocE is trying too hard too hard to explain this death. Seems fishy to me, like he has a reason for us to jump to a conclusion. That doesn't sound like him. And I see both theories as plausible right now and wouldn't jump to any conclusion.

I'm probably wrong.. but.
Lynch DocEspana.

okay so if we go towards the theory that sansa takes someone down with her, then there wasn't an item used last night to kill the "other"

scary part of the other (besides that horrific pic, thanks to whoever posted that), if they kill someone in this game (assuming there are more others), will those killed turn into zombies?!! haunt from the dead?!

and if there are two groups, I definitely agree with ksmi that is it probably the "others" and the clan that Cersei is from (Lannister?)

I feel way under prepared for this game...

I am going to head to bed, but I will be up early tomorrow a.m. to check to page and put my lynch in!

jzhiS.jpg

Just realized- this means people who die could come back as Others, in some odd ways. Could make things interesting/terrifying. I don't want to see those chilly blue eyes

I was just enriching the story for people, so they know that white walkers kill people and raise them as "others"/zombies.

In the books white walker = Other, the term white walker was made for the show, in the books the zombies have no particular name

Posted too soon. But couldn't there be a bigger than usual group of wolves instead of 2 different groups?

Hmmm...that makes it more likely that FTB had a wolf-killing role. So either the FTB had a cool role/item or the wolves got really unlucky and killed on of their own.

Anyone have any investigation results?

Likely not a conversion. Just that FTB kills a wolf if she is attacked at night. More likely there are 2/3/4 "others" and 1 "white walker" (again, assuming usual trends hold up). The white walker character can likely convert on some time schedule. The "others" are just wolf-y foot soldiers.

Okay, thanks. It's hard to know how much the source material affects the WW game typical rules, so sharing the story is a plus.

Do you mean they get 2 kills instead of 1. That is possible as well.

Dyachei did say the game shouldn't take until my June 3rd deadline, so I assume she knew it would go quickly.

BTW, love seeing the amount of donors. Lee should love this trend, ksmi.

He totally owes you something since you made it impossible for people to PM their groups. :laugh:

I can totally see this. But there's no way there's not a Joffrey in this game. And dude's evil. Cersei and Jaime Lannister too.

This is what you look like if you die and come back to life, people are going to hate me for posting this one:cool:

Game-Of-Thrones-White-Walkers2.jpg

You've got some stuff wrong here. Others are the white walkers. They are the original bad guys. When they kill they make wights which are the foot soldiers.