??? WW Game Thread - October 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not pulling my Zenge reading card rank just yet, but I think we should go elsewhere today

Especially since he just modded and also dies by the second cycle like every single game

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally am most interested in cubs, AM, chaos, and maybe sunshine if she was attempting a bit of pocketing like cray posited. But I am going to review some cray meta like I told chaos I would. Also note these aren't even wolf reads...they're just my neutrals after accounting for current village leans. I have no strong wolf vibes yet.

• Hmm
I agree broadly; discussion and insight into thought processes is what we need. But sometimes verbosity doesn’t offer more insight, it’s just ticking a “yep, pro-village long analysis here” box or getting distracting with excessive detail. See: my long, long posts in basics.
Given the somewhat convoluted nature of my reasoning, that is to say, your use of the word wolves instead of the singular wolf, wouldn’t you agree it was prudent to explain with some detail the thought process behind my conclusions?

Reactions: 1 user
Because you start off with “feels wolfy” with an iron paw, and end up at “feels good.”
It’s something that instinctively feels wolfy when not considering individual player meta, but taking into consideration it’s Dubz it does not feel wolfy.

I wouldn’t really call Cray’s play in donuts typical of her :shrug:

Well either way , a player challenging every townread doesnt sit well with me , Wolves want to retain the chaotic status quo so this is all a big red flag to me

• Hmm
I feel like village zenge tends to take more of a “make a village read on someone” stance early (see me in several games, vis this game) and “throw some sus on someone” stance as a wolf (see me and TME a few games ago) so I’m not quite getting the pings some others are yet. But also my meta with him is limited to 3-5 games.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Dubz felt almost too chill and agreeable with everyone, set off a sort of velvet-glove-iron-paw alarm for me, but considering it’s Dubz I doubt she’d be taking such a “make no waves or enemies” approach to wolfing even D1 like I might expect from less powerwolfy wolves. So Dubz feels good so far. AM also feels fine. Neutral to need-to-hear-more-from (cubs, sunny)/not-at-all-confident-I-can-ever-read (genny, chaos) on everyone else so far. Z is the closest to a wolf read. His long post on me felt uncomfortably pockety and like trying to conspicuously demonstrate “look I am being pro-village as hell making long analyses straight out the gate” when there wasn’t really that much to analyze - could have been a few sentences and conveyed the same meaning. Wanted to wait and see how he followed it up and I haven’t seen anything to make me feel like he’s village since.

Vote Z

Interesting move.

I rather liked Zenges analysis he made about that single joke. It led me to have a townlean on Zenge and a somewhat weak townlean on yourself.

I wonder if wolf!Vis would vote town!Zenge in this situation. What do you people think?

Interesting move.

I rather liked Zenges analysis he made about that single joke. It led me to have a townlean on Zenge and a somewhat weak townlean on yourself.

I wonder if wolf!Vis would vote town!Zenge in this situation. What do you people think?
I have a slight village lean on Vis.

Well either way , a player challenging every townread doesnt sit well with me , Wolves want to retain the chaotic status quo so this is all a big red flag to me
I get that. I just hesitate to give cray wolf points for it because she likes to keep the POE as wide as possible. Like, wide enough to include herself sometimes.

Totally understand your reaction to it, it just doesn't feel abnormal for cray to me.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I dont really like genny's reaction to the pressure tbh , It kinda sounds like she is trying to joke her way out . But her reads are interesting and original

Interesting move.

I actually could see wolf!vis doing it. I’m not ready to change my initial read over it yet though.

It’ll be interesting to see if she stays on me, potentially off wagon, and flys under the radar, away from potentially larger wagons.

I dont really like genny's reaction to the pressure tbh , It kinda sounds like she is trying to joke her way out . But her reads are interesting and original
I actually feel good about Genny. Her D1 play here reminds of me Stickmin.

I personally am most interested in cubs, AM, chaos, and maybe sunshine if she was attempting a bit of pocketing like cray posited. But I am going to review some cray meta like I told chaos I would. Also note these aren't even wolf reads...they're just my neutrals after accounting for current village leans. I have no strong wolf vibes yet.
I’d like to hear about your cray read too

Feels off for Dubz to be looking at me this early, but shes got a pretty broad list of people there so I guess NAI at the moment.
Who are you looking at so far?

I feel like village zenge tends to take more of a “make a village read on someone” stance early (see me in several games, vis this game) and “throw some sus on someone” stance as a wolf (see me and TME a few games ago) so I’m not quite getting the pings some others are yet. But also my meta with him is limited to 3-5 games.
I liked this post because I agree with it but then I remembered this

This is … a lot. Aren’t we just supposed to be feeling things out at this stage?
And that made me go :thinking:

Given the somewhat convoluted nature of my reasoning, that is to say, your use of the word wolves instead of the singular wolf, wouldn’t you agree it was prudent to explain with some detail the thought process behind my conclusions?
I think it could be summed up with “lack of TMI”

I think it could be summed up with “lack of TMI”
Vissy pls

If I had just quoted your post, and said “village lean for lack of TMI” and left it at that, someone would have inevitably been like “WhAt Do YoU mEaN bY tHiS!?!?” And then I would have had to make a second post explaining it all anyway.

• Care
  • Haha

Honestly dont have much in the way of wolfy yet. Also the 3rd thing you quoted I was on mobile so it looked like much more than it actually was and I was in the midst of bowling and wasnt completely engaged, so it seemed like a lot to process. Upon reread its a few basic scenarios, not so much "excessive trying" as it first appeared.

Honestly dont have much in the way of wolfy yet. Also the 3rd thing you quoted I was on mobile so it looked like much more than it actually was and I was in the midst of bowling and wasnt completely engaged, so it seemed like a lot to process. Upon reread its a few basic scenarios, not so much "excessive trying" as it first appeared.
Do you have any village reads?

? Day 1 ? Vote Tally

genny (2) - DubZ, AM
DubZ ()
Chaos ()
sunshine ()
AM (1) - sunshine
Cray (1) - Chaos

4/9

Missing: more than half

Vote closes at 10pm, TODAY, Oct. 14th (~5.5 hours)
I'm on sunshine.

• Okay...
Dubz felt almost too chill and agreeable with everyone
Interesting because I made the opposite note on Dubz....

“not afraid to get in there and correct people (ie Chaos about cray)”
Not all emojis, just yours ;)
And when Dubz posts a tongue out emoji

• Haha
  • Hmm
Compiling cray's D1 posts from a few games. First up are wolf games. I don't usually find it super useful to look at posts out of context but quoting reply chains was gonna be too much work. I did actually read those though.

Breadsticks - focused entirely on sloth, alissa, and mayo, with a bit of AM. Didn't really engage with other people's reads at all, just sprinkling sus in a very content-light way

I don't think rolls went out when this was posted, but I still had to say this reads wolfy lol

Careful with those exclamation marks, they get people yeeted

This feels sketch af

Not sure why most of Sloth's posts feel wolfy. If I had to put my finger on it, I'd say it's a combo of potentially overexsplainy plus the humor in the form of all the hahas reads flat and insincere.

###vote sloth ####

Does the word vote work instead of yeet?

What is the MJ policy?

Nvm now I see

This threw up major wolf vibes for me

This also reads wolfy.

The net result of my catch up on this last page and the interactions between mayo and AM has me feeling like breaking the current tie in favor of voting for mayo. I think sloths tone still has me concerned, but the content at least in this last page away from the overexplaining and overhahas has been more towards village. I'm pretty strongly against ties. I may come back to sloth but for now

### unvote sloth ###

###vote mayo###

Also for some reason I'm getting viscernable and philoslothical mixed up. Frak me

I'm having very mixed feelings about the affiliation of both players, so that could be it

Mmmm time for waffles

Lord Jesus have mercy you guys

I'm trying to understand what it means for your "mercy" to be gone?

Bioshock - These were horrendous to find because search only goes back to her first post on PAGE 60 of that thread and doing ctrl+f of her name doesn't help much since she likes every post. Didn't grab all of d1, just the earliest stuff. Here she was mostly focused on please and april, and had some back and forth with lupin over her village read of april. OK, could see a bit of similarity to her play here, though it was really only that one read and not every village read that anyone had.

This is sus to me.

I don't actually think AM did much to pocket that game. At some point, is someone trying to put you in their pocket, or do you just choose to live in their butt?

Lupin's point is a good one, defending the salt vote here makes it seem yours may be a wolf vote on AM.

Do you mean the others? Because 'm not salty about it. Some of us not voting you isn't because you really manipulated us. I think for some people it's a personal problem being slow to pull the trigger.

Now also considering if there's a wolf vote on AM, and considering if maybe she randed wolf and they're gonna make a show of salt vote bussing her D1 and hoping to pull off later. Will be interesting to see this evolve.

OK, Lupin is looking better with these posts. The one post was a li

Lupin, if you think there's a motivation for wolf votes to be on AM, why did you declare April's vote towny? Based on what thinking?

Overexplainy. Which is in the please wolf meta.

That's not what I mean.

And my understanding was that pocketing doesn't represent a player's hesitation for voting another player overall, but usually implies some personal manipulation on the part of the pocketer.

I'm referring to people being slow to pull a trigger even on a wolfy player, because of personal reasons.

Why is this so painful for you? Sus so much pain for one D1 salt vote from an old game.

Good point. Weird logic from Shorty.

Feels opportunistic.

Seriously?

This seems overly aggressive.

She's become almost insufferable as of late. Will forgive the boasting last game as a wolf strat. Hope village MIdwife is more tolerable.

Why? I didn’t understand that exchange.

Didn't finish my thought here. Was a little sus but it was just the one post. She answered why she called April's vote town. Not the most solid reasoning but it makes sense. I disagree with her though, April's vote could be wolfy even with the timing being so early.

I realize now this wasn't a joke vote, so less sus.

You make a good point, but that doesn't have to stop wolves from trying to deal with the scenario where AM randed wolf again.

Well I still think for analysis' sake it's important to specify active vs passive pocketing. Active pocketing is more likely a wolf activity. Passive pocketing, where a villager just puts themselves unbidden into someone's pocket - is not necessary AI for the supposed pocketer. I don't call it pocketing if it's a choice to live in someone's butt.

It was about past games which is probably why I didn't follow.

Wolfiest read at the moment for me is Please.

##$### vote Please ##$$#

I have to go do life stuff but will keep checking in.

That's fair, but once the observation was made that there was likely a wolf on your vote, made sense to me to consider everyone on the vote.

Or are you clearing April based on timing?

That's not my point. Once there were votes, and the issue raised, why at that point would you not consider if one of the wolf votes on AM was April?

Yes but once you made your point, why would you or AM not consider if April's vote was wolfy? I seriously don't get it.

First I wanted to know why you thought she was town to begin with, and I asked. Then you brought up the notion a wolf was hiding in the vote, and then I asked if what that meant for April. Not sure I assumed anything.

AM is seemingly questioning that by your logic, shouldn't we consider April on that vote as well?

Not sure why so much traction on this point, but I think it doesn't read well for you, AM, or April.

This is almost an anti-mod tinfoil, and in a way the accusation along lines of old timers vs noobs is kinda offensive at this point.

But that is just true of posts in general, assuming that village is as least as vocal as wolves on average. It's pretty weak stats here.

That there's a wolf hiding on AM, means you should be considered imho, don't think you should be cleared just because you were the first vote on.

I agree we need to see tighter village play from Zenge. Not willing to move off Please though.

Alissa has caught my eye as well.

I want to answer my opinion, but will let April answer first.

There's a level of jokiness from mayo that is bothering me.

Eh this same thing happened with Sunny one game and she was wolf. Made a vote change that seemingly came out of nowhere

Wait why am I not listed as a Midwife crony?

Also don't like that term. Seems overly pejorative to genny and WZ who are good players. A lot of us will end up simpatico with someone or develop a blind spot or something, that doesn't make you a crony.

Barks has been sparse but not fluff. This seems like a gross exaggeration.

You don't know AM very well, is that correct?

This reads wolfy. Like "oh poor me here's my excuse for not giving reads I'm so persecuted"

A wolf can do that as well to avoid creating enemies, to waffle to any leading villager/buddy up as needed as the game goes on without having to justify the changing reads, etc. Wolves have a lot more to gain vs a villager in having a lot in their neutrals, for this reason you might see a wolf do it less so as to be less obvious because they do stand to gain more than a villager, but that's the only real downside to it for a wolf. It gets a bit WIFOM what a wolf will do, still doesn't change the underlying what they stand to gain.

Yes, villagers can come off confused. But your first sentence is just wrong. Wolves have to invent reads and manage w/w reads/interactions. Not exactly easier than being truthful.

I don't know how you are using the logic you're using. You're usually better than this.

Not sure if it's just because you like to argue with Midwife or wolfy.

This just struck me again for being so rude and condescending.

Despite that, I'm leaning more wolf on Alissa than on AM based on Alissa's vote change and other posts. Or I'm wondering if w/w and explains the level of intensity here as manufactured.

It could be v/v I guess but it's hard to read this level of not-nice over what I thought was a fair questioning of AM, as very pro-village.

Trying to decide if alissa is new enough for this question to be real.

So the vote change from alissa was weird. Iirc Trilt called this out by Lawpy as also weird. I agree. Lawpy otherwise seems like Lawpy but I'm not sure how AI that is or how good I am at reading him.

Not saying Barks is exactly elevating wolf hunting to a new art form in the first 2 pages with this, but there's more like this, and I feel more comfortable on review saying the read that Barks was fluff from mkg seems weirder now.

Not sure I believe this was premeditated. Reads as trying to walk back the weird vote move as a master plan, vs making a joke to play it off, and making a comment meant to capitalize on either interpretation.

I might have missed it, but how do you read please?

Seems overly hedgy here

RvB - Might not be as useful for comparison since d1 was a mayor vote, but there were some good reads discussions going on anyway. Here she focused on April again, some on bob, and a bit on samac and sunny too. AM gets mentioned as always lol Again it's a lot of "this is sus, that is sus" and not overall much engagement with how people are reading each other.

Wow this seems pretty aggro even for samac

The first part was fine, next about a player not even playing is overexplainy

Feels overdone

I Don't understand what you mean here

W
What were the two times?

Sus af lol

M
Made me narrow my eyes for possible buddying/pocketing

I
I feel like you should know the answer this. Mayor type roles usually don't give too much power even in wolf hands, and mayors are almost guaranteed to be investigated early game. Major sus points to you, looks to me like you're trying to sow AM and Zenge suspicion. I agree vigilance is needed with them though.

AM braggadocio noted. Will continue to monitor.

S
Salt smells? What salt have you been smelling? Smelling salts?

S
Sus comment

Saucy even for Bob

I disagree. I was wolf reading samac that entire game and only didn't vote there because every time I brought it up people shut it down because of VCA.

That said, admittedly I may tend to over-wolf read samac.

Self vote dnl. I usually only give DocE a pass for that.

Another self vote. Ew.

Feels like AtE

#### vote Midwife ####

She's a good one to need to get looked at and proved village, a good player, and I like her better as a choice than the current self-voting leaders.of the vote.

Reasonable reasoning, although I question the wisdom of giving Mayor to someone who tends to have questionable longevity. You're not hoping she gets offed or planning to off her are you?

Th
The turnaround here I find kinda sus. Like maybe getting cold feet on the mayor role, maybe doesn't want the scrutiny.

Yeah wanna say samac PMing everyone that last game felt like it didn't lead to much good overall.

I
Nope, not lying. Brought it up in Dead Chat too. Not gonna go dig up quotes but don't tell me how I was reading you.

And the defense "you can't correctly read me when I'm a wolf" is 9/10 a wolf defense.

B
But the rules say no vote is not an option.

Maybe the problem isn't my terrible reads but your village play.

Trying to decide if AM's rare confusion on game rules is AI or not, and if so, which way.

Evidence of TMI?

Is only one person per day yeeted, or leading votes from each team?

If you can look at half the roster and not see one person who deserves to be in the POE, you're not looking hard enough. The POE needs to be sufficiently wide. Not too wide, but what people are describing sounds extremely narrow.

I don't know what the heck you guys are on about. A lot of games I'm lucky if I remember everyone who is playing, there's no way in constructing a POE I'm keeping everyone's team in mind. I'm just gonna PbPa, construct a POE from that, and then see who I can vote for by the rules then. I highly doubt I'm going to have a list of like 5 people to yeet and they're ALL going to only be on my team.

If that's how you guys are gonna play....

Who do you see as pushing for this, and are you wolf reading them as a result?

Samac, April, and diff are pinging me with this convo.

Sigh, more self voting.

Add TME to list of players pushing coordination voting theory

B
Bob defense noted

I agree, but so far this game diff feels more like a spectator and "me too!" tone to posts.

If the wolves know all the PMs are with one person, and people can't open new PMs, then they very likely will NK that person to disrupt communication. Unless the person trying to get all the PMs is a wolf.

It's a really bad village strategy to concentrate PMs this way, and unless people are worried about who they've confided in and need thread to know who they're talking to for that reason, it's best not to overly share who your PM partners are for that reason. Wolves thrive off that kind of info for compatmentalizing and affecting flow of info.

N
Nope this is BS I knew you were fishy in goats. I knew it.

Zenge is making sense here, however getting paranoid of like an unseerable or ninja wolf wanting mayor and to get investigated and cleared

Sketch shade

A little of both. It does always make me paranoid.

I've noted that April has pinged me in spots.

Why do you want people not to sus AM?

So how does that work when aren't the teams uneven as in not the exact # of players on each? Doesn't that give that team an advantage in yeeting and the othera disadvantage? But, I guess if they vote one out then it's even the next day? But then the NKs.... could let wolves control which team gets to successfully yeet each day, assuming everyone all places a vote each day. Weird mechanics dude.

Pretty sure I voted Midwife? We vote for someone on our own team, right?

If both you and cubs feel this post is specifically in line with z’s village meta then, together with his replies to me feeling fairly natural, and how he’s often an early misyeet, I don’t want him eliminated today. Possible buddying and inconsistency by cubs noted, though.

Unvote Z

• Hmm
If both you and cubs feel this post is specifically in line with z’s village meta then, together with his replies to me feeling fairly natural, and how he’s often an early misyeet, I don’t want him eliminated today. Possible buddying and inconsistency by cubs noted, though.

Unvote Z
I wouldn’t say stating a village lean based on perceived meta of a player should be considered buddying but… people seem to point that out a fair amount specifically between me and zenge for some reason.

Now grabbing her three most recent village games

Donuts - As I noted, this game was a bit unusual for her, she was very busy with life stuff and said as much on thread. Overall there isn't too much there D1. Honestly this looks pretty similar to how she approached some of her wolf games lol As chaos mentioned, her sus was mostly focused on me and Bob

Totally sketched by both Bob and dubz for this

Agreed. But for me it's Boston creme, that mix of chocolate with vanilla to balance it out... perfection.

All 3 scenarios I am worried about.

Because it read as possible packmate defense vs pocket attempt.

And Bob wigged me out thr way he was joking with AM and possibly white knighting chaos

I see the shade you're tossing my way. Not feeling better about you.

Opportunitistic

### vote Vis###

I agree with Cheezit, which has me sketched out. Also want a contender besides losing Mel or Chaos D1. Sorry Visc.

Lmao sure that's possible but it's not really something I sit here and worry about. "Gosh gee omg what if Bob is villager!??? What ever will I do???"

MHA - This was another that started on an election day. I'm tickled at the similarities to RvB. Cray really doesn't like self-votes! Overall...i don't know if I have grand conclusions on this one. Pretty healthy mix of sus and agreeing with people. Wolf!Dubz actually used that as a basis for a wolf read on cray. She was too agreeable! I did not get the vibe of laser focus on a small group of particular players from this ISO that I got from all of her wolf ones.

What is with the lack of emojis lately? I read this in AM's voice since she usually doesn't use emojis.

Where are the emojis Dubz?? How am I supposed to read you without them?

Self election, groce.

Even grocer, emoji for self election even more sus.

Omg dudes this is out of control. See what you have started?

Why are you?

Especially since Lupin is wolfing this game. Lol. Nope, not gonna fall for that one.

The genny/chaos exchange is giving me bad feelz.

Lol the PM chains was part of why village lost that game.

Sigh, village will never learn.

This feels out of character for chaos

Bread already giving me a headache confusing me

Looking at tally, gonna vote Zenge.

Not sure if he's totally outgrown giving his wolfy self away by PMs or not, or is growing into a Mel-esque PM mastermind. But not sure how well I can read Dina, can't read Lupin, and on principle oppose Samac as a PM center.

Agreed. Though I can't read Dina very well, if she's village I think she's a good choice for a PM hub or other boost.

Used to be much more discouraged, I feel. Used to be like a DocE thing we would rip on him for.

Both. Either.

You are overestimate the value of a lot of things, and do a lot of harm by PMs in my opinion. I have warned you as both village and wolf to be a little more discreet about PMs, specifically pointing out how while it can seem to go well for village, all it can take is a wolf infiltrating the network to turn it all around, and that is exactly what happened that game. What should have been a village win became a loss, and it was all owing to PMs and conversion. Conversion isn't exactly rare around here. It's all stuff I've said before. You can use PMs and still be discreet enough not to hand wolves a bunch of Intel that lets them eke out a win.

Lmao about Cray not following things. You've played with me before, right?

Also what am I not following? I don't follow.

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but feels very town from TME

##### vote Dina ####

Rather see extra powers in her hands than in some of the others, on further reflection and what's in thread.

I followed what Chaos said, the "wut" was because it strikes me as overstated that "genny needs the info more," like he's reading too much into it and trying to make it out to be more than it is.

As for Bread, how does the homework comment make sense for the game? Sounds like he's either referring to meaningless flavor, or meaningful flavor, as in he has reason to think "homework" could be in the game. Mayo makes comments like these. Drives me nuts when people make jokey comments that could be interpreted as not being jokey at all.

You can say I'm missing the point, but this is how I think about game comments, and I think that's true no matter my aff.

But I see the attempt to shade me, April.

Also there is no Tenya Ida on the roster, so I gathered without googling this is a flavor reference.

That would be fine, but the homework comment was taking it too far imo.

But sure, pull a Pippy, April. Happy to have wolves come at me and "read" me wolfy for BS reasons. I invite it. I live for it.

This is also a decent way to attempt to pocket AM.

I could see the exchange as w/w. Could also see it as w/v on either side. Wolves have to like, say stuff, yanno, and appear to care about replies. Could fit in that category for either of them.

Fair enough, and I didn't say anything about that. Just that those sorts of jokey flavor related comments always make me a little unsettled. That's not the same as not following. And this flavor of humorlessness about comments that are flavor related and may or may not be actually game-mechanics related, is common for me.

It's a bit compensatory because I often don't pick up on softs and such. My attempts to watch for game related TMI and the like often leads me to take issue with players like Mayo and Bread who Crack flavor related jokes.

She shouldn't be surprised, because having a reading card for AM in no way would would be AI for someone who is wolfing. It's NAI at best if someone has a reading card and also happens to read an actual villager as villager.

I meant the person doing the reading. If I can usually correctly read you as village when you are village and I am village, that's great. But if I'm wolf, my correct read of you as a villager when you are village, means a lot less for figuring out my own aff in this example, yes? Reading card holding status is much more useful when you have some sense of the person doing readings aff. Without that, it could just be a wolf protecting a packmate with a village read, or a wolf maintaining meta by village reading a villager they hold a card for.

Can you explain the Lawpy example more specifically? I don't follow.

I believe you, because sometimes I can read her. Sometimes. And usually too late, but yeah.

The issue is your read can only be trusted if I trust you. Or if my own read of her agrees (which would give me a consensus on her, but still doesnt tell me your Aff)

The way Dubz helped to smooth that out is giving me town vibes. I find she is much less helpful at creating understanding and peace as she is at actively or passively causing more dissension when she wolfs.

I am also leaning townish for similar reason on AM.

It's less to do with trust and has more to do with sensing an honest willingness to work with others, which as a villager you should have, and it needn't depend on knowing exactly what the affiliation of the other party is. It's like a gameness to engage.

I don’t fully trust anyone that has given me a town feel so far, but mostly I appreciate that it feels like we're trying to understand each other, even when in doing so sometimes the case is being made for why someone shouldn't be trusted completely.

Omg the whip and eyebrows are back! Hard to tell on tapatalk. Need to switch to mobile browser.

Although I have to say I think I like the other whip and eyebrows avvy better

Just keep getting vibes that samac is trying to create sus on ppl

Everyone *should always be worried you are wolfing.

Edit: should

OK, but this is actually a good point, but, still.

HZD - A greater level of real engagement here than I think I feel from any of the other games, which might just be related to irl stuff, but feels distinct from her wolf games AND more similar to engagement in this current game.

Side eyeing this just a bit.

Yes but you always point out that frequently MsP will come in close to deadline and last min make post mins. You have used this to justify pressuring her in the past despite post mins.

I posted before seeing this yes. But yes.

This is a good question in any case, but seems even more important for a wolf to know. Although now I wonder if wolf genny would have just asked in pack chat instead.

Wolfy

Lol

Unless she's got pack chat lol

Kinda missed the fact it was SP saying this. Gives me some feelz

Yeah, about Sporty. Not sure why. Sporty's style is often kinda drive by. Just felt pretty intense on the sus on Midwife for such as early post.

This feels wolfy. May be the emoji overselling it.

It doesn't feel wolfy because I doubt the truth of it being in her sig. Something about the way you brought it up and the emoji felt a little too like "Me, too!"

### yeet Sporty ###

Just feel like we could use some pressure here as well.

Yeah I pretty much early voted out of sheer boredom. Would love for things to get stirred up

A blessing in disguise perhaps. Easy for wolves to attack a silent player. Or sit back while village does it. Reactions either way can be nice.

What does yeeting April have to do with your not liking fun?

You do realize that village also has a high chance of losing if he's wolf and he isn't yeeted??

The point about wolves wanting rid of Mel is good. Although they could also NK him if they're that worried. Trying too hard to get him yeeted and he flips village could backfire for them.

It's now become clear to me why AM went for TME and not MsP. Good way to get reactions and see what people would make of it and it's working it looks like.

Oh, I realize now that was April's comment to go with her vote for Mel.

Struck me as a wolfy post

Genny getting yeeted d1 that game was a total outlier since she was basically literally campaigning to get yeeted. Under normal circumstances where Genny is not going out of her way to get yeeted on purpose, she generally isn't a D1 yeet so the point stands.

Lol what last game might have proved is that even someone as typically uptight as I am about WW and paranoid, can end up in a totally different headspace after an amazing week long vacation in Hawaii. It really did chill me out

And I'll point out that regardless of how *actually* easy it is to misyeet someone, some players it is just easier to stir up a bunch of sus on.

Genny isn't an easy misyeet maybe in reality, but it's easier to get pitchforks waving around her than it is, say, AM or WZ.

I don't know how actually easy it is to misyeet TME, so I won't speak to that. My perception is that it is easy for a cloud of dust to gather around her (sus).

Not sure why, this feels kinda scummy

Maybe because of her reads on TME and April and the overall hedginess it seems

Agreed. If they were packmates, easy for AM to put a D1 vote on her and then later back off and do it all and look less sus for it.

TWTBAW. Too wolfy to be a wolf. Not quite but almost.

For some reason, some posts from Shorty and April feel very "this could be village" but then also I see the ping points being made on them.

Regardless of fault, he's maybe not wrong that villagers might be more likely to drop the ball.

Last game I was village and I fell asleep and didn't submit an action. Not the first time I've done that, either. Pretty sure I've NEVER done that as a wolf.

Wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the only person for whom this sort of thing is true.

Post counts might not be NAI overall, but actually getting modkilled? It would be interesting to track our history of modkills and see if it conforms to the average SDN break down of wolf percentages.

Speaking of which, we started with 14 players? 25% would be 3.5. A total maximum of 4 non-villagers, and you could fairly call it an overestimate. If we assume 1 NK per night, which may or may not be valid, we could have how many misyeets to lylo. Assume 10 villagers at the least. 6 villager deaths to parity, means worst case we have 3 day votes to catch a wolf.

Sorry. I like to do this math but frequently don't do it until way down the line.

Not sure this is totally true. Will watch for a MsP/AM pack.

Yeah I mean sometimes AM basically says she's not going to like, berate the group not to do a thing, but it doesn't mean she'll jump in. Actually, sometimes she might. But it's kind of a separate judgment from her.

The is it because you're a wolf comment and the lol. Just felt weird. I know many of us makes jokes like this, I don't always read it this way. Something about Dina has pinged me a couple times not sure why

I feel like April is more reactive in a retaliatory way when she's wolf and gets sus in her direction, compared to a village April. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm starting to get a wolfy read on Cubs. And it's not just the standard Cubs paranoia, because my paranoia was at an 11 last game and I still didn't misyeet him at end game and wrongfully suspect him. Not saying that makes me an expert reading him, just saying I don't think I'm especially prone to sus him just based on others sussing him. Feel like I'm coming to this conclusion and it's not just an echo of others' sus (which in general is something I can fall prey to).

Anyway your post here makes a good point on cubs, and his SP logic is weird to me too.

My point is that many people express feeling more pressure to play when they wolf than when they village because of team size and perception of degree of responsibility they have for their side.

Play duties in a nutshell typically boil down to posting and submitting actions if people have them.

Yeah, they pretty much always read insincere and trying too hard in WW games for me. Not sure it's actually helped me catch a wolf but I feel the way I feel anyway I guess.

If nothing else I guess I get to see how people defend/pile on.

Ah, just had to split them.

Anyway I still overall feel like this game is more in line with cray's village starts than her wolf ones. And I can't get over how spooky this line would be for a wolf who isn't a complete nutjob (me, or mel) to say to anyone on thread this early, packmate or not
I'm the only one that really understands and appreciates you, Cubs.

• Haha

Unvote Z
How are you feeling about cubs overall? Sorry if you already said.

I really don’t have any truly wolfy suspects yet so I’m gonna throw a little more pressure here

Vote sunshine

Basically been on dubz the whole game so far. Can you give any other reads?

• Hmm
  • Haha
I really don’t have any truly wolfy suspects yet so I’m gonna throw a little more pressure here

Vote sunshine

Basically been on dubz the whole game so far. Can you give any other reads?
Didn't she move off of me?