WW in the Canadian WWilds (Sign-ups) - a KARdubZ production

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A NOOBLET
Mods will show you the way, young one. You can trust us.
Some of us ;)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Confirmation that the game will start today. I have to finish my workout, eat breakfast, and walk my dog. After that I will start working on role pms and an intro post. After that we should be good to go to Canada.

PACK YO BAGS FOLKS

AND DRESS WARM BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH ITS SPRING ITS STILL FREAKING COLD HERE

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
.....So I leave my flippy floppies at home?
Idk, how Canadian are you? Shorts and flip flops at any temp above freezing is perfectly acceptable in some parts

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
GRAB SOME POUTINE!!! Game start is nigh!!
6BC4F9F4-2D61-4FA9-9E2C-3E3B5DA32A19.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Finishing my bottle of rum in SAR's honour
#solidarity

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk
I forgot the drinking age in Canada is 19. I was like :eek: Flushy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving this here so I stop spamming the game thread with languages stuff haha

What languages did everyone take in school?

For a while, I was actually more fluent in mandarin chinese than french, because my french classes were when I was little and I took chinese in both high school & college.

It's mostly gone now though :(

My high school chinese teacher gave us all chinese names, and apparently mine is "really weird and hippie-ish, like if your parents named you Sunshine ForestGlow in the US" according to college friend who is fluent.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

For a while, I was actually more fluent in mandarin chinese than french, because my french classes were when I was little and I took chinese in both high school & college.

My high school chinese teacher gave us all chinese names, and apparently mine is "really weird and hippie-ish, like if your parents named you Sunshine ForestGlow in the US" according to college friend who is fluent.
What was your name? So curious.

I took Spanish through most of high school and college. I like languages, I take to them pretty well.

3 years spanish, tested out of 8 hours for college, so never took any advanced stuff to get fluid unfortunately

I did Spanish on and off throughout childhood, but am picking it up more seriously again. Also, knew minimal sign language some years ago, but forgot almost everything.

做得好!

It's not easy, and certainly not when you're teaching yourself.
I stopped trying to learn Mandarin semi-daily once Interview season started and now I have to re-motivate myself to start doing it again. It's definitely an interesting language and of course challenging.

馬世音 (the pinyin is ma shì yīn ...and hold on I'll put the tones in on my phone because that's easier..jk I can't figure out how to do the 3rd over the a)
Translation is directly Horse World Voice or something like that. She knew I liked horses, was a singer, and my last name starts with an M, sooo... that was what I got haha

My sister took the same class a few years later -- I used to know hers but I forget it now. I should ask. Same on the Ma part though

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

I took Spanish through most of high school and college. I like languages, I take to them pretty well.
3 years spanish, tested out of 8 hours for college, so never took any advanced stuff to get fluid unfortunately
I did Spanish on and off throughout childhood, but am picking it up more seriously again. Also, knew minimal sign language some years ago, but forgot almost everything.

Spanish here as well :cat::shy:

Watch that be someone's name who lurks on here and I just accidentally insulted them with the hippie comment. If so, I'm sorry -- my college buddies are scrubs, I'm just a messenger & was never fluent enough to get that kind of cultural literacy

Last edited:
I took Spanish in Middle and High School. Wish I tried to take a language in College unless you count going abroad for a semester to Sweden and learning the slightest amount of Swedish.

• Love
I took French up until high school since it was required. I took it again in grade 10 because it was the only class that fit the block I needed to fill.

Took Japanese for a few years in elementary/middle school.

Languages do not come easily to me at all, so I've lost the vast majority of what I learned in both languages since then.

I stopped trying to learn Mandarin semi-daily once Interview season started and now I have to re-motivate myself to start doing it again. It's definitely an interesting language and of course challenging.
I remember liking it a lot at first because I was a singer, so the tones weren't that hard for me, and the elementary grammar is wicked easy.

Introductory level college grammar though...kill me. I wanted to die in that class. And it was at 8am, 5 days a week. :dead:

Interestingly, my handwriting in Chinese is supposedly awesome (got many compliments from 3 different teachers who said it looked like perfect script) but my english handwriting is complete trash.

• Haha
I’ve taken Spanish classes since middle school and have a minor in it rn- I spent 6 weeks last summer studying abroad in Spain and living with a host family in a fully immersive program that was AWESOME!! Sadly the only Spanish class left that I want to take, they wouldn’t work with me trying to arrange final exams for my surgery in the fall, and it didn’t fit my schedule this spring, so I’ve lost quite a bit of fluency, but last summer I was pretty good!

I did spanish in elementary & middle school for 6 years, and have been brushing up a bit since I started clinicals this year. Can understand fairly well, but am not at all fluent
Also did
-a year or so of german in middle school
-3 yrs of latin in HS
-6 mo of italian in HS before going there
-2 yrs each of greek and french in college
-post college: 3 yrs of czech (while living there, got pretty good, but mostly gone now) and a very lazy 2yrs of korean (also while living there, but never got good at it), plus a smattering of phrases picked up on travels in romanian, polish, hungarian, and vietnamese

I really like languages, but unfortunately I'm out of practice in all of them and can only really claim to be fluent in English and Science now

• Wow
Originally thought I would go into linguistics, but caught the medicine bug :shrug:

I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and took Spanish for vets during first year lol but I’m definitely not fluent. My dad is fluent but never taught us.

I took 4 years of Latin, which has been super great for that one time I visited the Vatican but not much else (directly)

• Haha
I took 4 years of Latin, which has been super great for that one time I visited the Vatican but not much else (directly)
Latin has actually been the most helpful for me - made anatomy a breeze and helps in translating Science

• Haha
Dubz did it in that Ireland game where she pretended to be a leprechaun or something and popped whatever she was going to say into google translate and left it as is, even if it was incomprehensible :laugh:
For the record, I actually manually translated most of my posts, with a little help from a non-google translate website, and a couple sites that listed common irish idioms. Which was why I didn't talk very much. That **** was difficult :p

• Haha
ok i'm getting tired of spending this past week with people keep smearing me and forcing me to be attentive on this game 100% 24/7 when I have much bigger concerns going on
Yo :sendoff::sendoff::sendoff::sendoff:
shots fired. I don't care if you're a wolf or villager. We've all been dealing with a lot.
I’ve been playing while studying for my repro exam in the past 10 days. My volunteering has me in quarantine with no one but my dog and internet friends to talk to.

Not cool.

Edited to remove some identifying info

Last edited:
it's not aimed at anyone in question. it's just me getting fatigued at keep getting tagged/mentioned nonstop on SDN (not just in this game) which spiked unusually this past week.

Last edited:
it's not aimed at anyone in question. it's just me getting fatigued at keep getting tagged/mentioned nonstop on SDN (not just in this game) which spiked unusually this past week.
Okay fine fatigue and burnout (not just in the context of WW, but in the context of what is going on in the world right now) is a real concern, and I'm with you, things feel ****ty right now, but please don't come on thread saying you have bigger concerns. Everyone has bigger concerns at the moment.

I'm not discouraging you or any others from playing.
However the moment WW stops being a game and stops being fun, but starts becoming something that stresses you out more than it should, its time to sub out or not play for a while.

Okay fine fatigue and burnout (not just in the context of WW, but in the context of what is going on in the world right now) is a real concern, and I'm with you, things feel ****ty right now, but please don't come on thread saying you have bigger concerns. Everyone has bigger concerns at the moment.

I'm not discouraging you or any others from playing.
However the moment WW stops being a game and stops being fun, but starts becoming something that stresses you out more than it should, its time to sub out or not play for a while.

I was pretty exasperated. Sorry that came out wrong.

WW is meant to be fun and a game sure. but it's hard to concentrate when I keep getting over dozens to hundreds of notifications every single day at any time on day. and hence my fatigue for that.