WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh I remember something like this happening in an earlier game! (I'm tempted to say the farm noob game with dubz and MJ). But there was a character who "distributed" post restrictions and had to pick a new player every day to give a post restriction to.

But... in that game they were all the same restriction (I think talking backwards). It'd definitely be something to keep an eye on.
I think this happened in another game. There was one where we all had to post in French or something. I remember dvmd being particularly upset about it. That particular restriction affected everyone though where as others only affected certain players I think?

[Edit: I was super annoyed too, I just didn't post much that day.]
 
I've had some suspicions of AM.

WZ was giving me suspicions at first because she wasn't posting an amount that is typical for her, but that's picked up some, going to keep an eye on that.

LIS is being LIS, he plays similar as wolf of villager. I have him leaning village right now.

STL is being his usual self. Thankfully he can't do village code crap anymore.

Has jilary posted much? I need to look through the thread.

I have AM and ser leaning a bit wolf currently.

Lynch AM for now
 
So I guess I want to know if there's any useful information in what Pippy is posting or do with think it's just text?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this happened in another game. There was one where we all had to post in French or something. I remember dvmd being particularly upset about it. That particular restriction affected everyone though where as others only affected certain players I think?

[Edit: I was super annoyed too, I just didn't post much that day.]
Yes! @finnickthedog ruined everyone's day with French day during Consequences.
 
karabou was someone who said I was sounding villagery in pm's and stood up for me on the thread, and then got killed overnight if it means anything to you guys. I don't think it was a coincidence

eta: if I was a wolf I wouldn't let my fellow wolves kill someone who already thought I was a villager, when most people are feeling weird about me
 
So someone who stood up for me based on pm's (karabou) was killed, and another who stood up for me sounding villagery yesterday on the thread (pippy) now has a posting restriction. :thinking: intereesssssting
 
So I guess I want to know if there's any useful information in what Pippy is posting or do with think it's just text?

I'm sure she's stating opinions in her posts. I don't think you're going to find slam dunk wolf info from her posts, if that's what you mean by "useful information".

Posting restrictions are really just that....you have to post in a certain way, doesn't typically indicate anything else and it usually goes away the next day.
 
cool thanks for sharing. just because it doesn't impact you doesn't mean it won't impact anybody else

I don't think those things mean as much as you think. Things like...look a villager that died was defending me...ok, and villagers have defended wolves unknowingly in the past.

The bit about pippy... the posting restriction ability may or may not even belong to a wolf.

So, overall, those above things as defenses for why you are village just don't work.
 
current top wolf reads (all have already been said via pm, but figured I should post them here too)

  • AM: already explained this yesterday, but with making that much of an effort to change her posting style to be more helpful, she's definitely leaning wolfy to me
  • gwen: already explained earlier today
  • lyra: (contingent) I want to see if multiple people the same post restriction as pippy over the next couple of days. If so, I highly doubt that someone would have a picture post restriction and someone else is handing out the restriction of having to talk like you are in the place of your animal. Also one comment of hers that has been pointed out already really rubbed me the wrong way
  • hmoo: WZ's post got me thinking about this for the most part, so I am going to have to go back through her posts and hopefully talk to her via pm today
  • NFSW: probably more noob than wolf, but posts are very fluffy. Waffle vote late yesterday felt more like it was intended to push another frontrunner close to the wolf in the lead
 
I don't think those things mean as much as you think. Things like...look a villager that died was defending me...ok, and villagers have defended wolves unknowingly in the past.

The bit about pippy... the posting restriction ability may or may not even belong to a wolf.

So, overall, those above things as defenses for why you are village just don't work.

Fair enough. I am not meaning that one thing solely dictates I am a villager. If I see anything that could potentially play to my defense as a villager then I am going to post it. I just posted my wolf reads though so I am assuming something like that has more impact to you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so right now for me.

Very sketchy:
AM (talked about this in my Lynch vote for her yesterday) will be voting for AM today.
Serher
Gwen
Pippy
PBC

Meh (equally sketchy and not sketchy):
3M
BBC
Lyra

Not very sketchy:
STL
LIS
Jilary
Dvmd
Dubz
 
Here's my current lists of reads.

Sketch:
Gwen
NSFW

Neutral:
serher
PBC
WZ
STL

Village:
cdo
LIS
Jil
DVMD
Pippy
3m
 
For those who are suspicious of AM, do you guys think coop would have chosen a fellow wolf to defend her? That's the sticking point for me. WIFOM I guess but I just don't see it.

Oh I remember something like this happening in an earlier game! (I'm tempted to say the farm noob game with dubz and MJ). But there was a character who "distributed" post restrictions and had to pick a new player every day to give a post restriction to.

But... in that game they were all the same restriction (I think talking backwards). It'd definitely be something to keep an eye on.
Post restriction abilities have been a thing in lots of games. Like most things, I've seen it be a wolf ability and a villager ability.

Pippy seems to be doing well with hers, so congrats 😛

WZ was giving me suspicions at first because she wasn't posting an amount that is typical for her, but that's picked up some, going to keep an eye on that.
This has come up in almost every game I've played recently. Sometimes I want to go back in time and shut my past self up.
 
I'm guessing Coop revealed to me because, as Caiter was saying, I'm gullible. I'm just wondering now whether it was Coop's idea since I was one of the few that believed her or if a different wolf who's played with me before was trying to exploit this and told her to do that.
Um, when did I say that?
 
For those who are suspicious of AM, do you guys think coop would have chosen a fellow wolf to defend her? That's the sticking point for me. WIFOM I guess but I just don't see it.

I agree. That's my main village point for her, which is why she is not my top suspect at the moment.
 
Glad I didn't get killed overnight, although I was less afraid of it than I was right after my role reveal considering people think I'm sketchy anyway. :sour: Interesting, Pippy has a posting restriction now too! I'm glad mine isn't as difficult as that. :laugh: I'm curious if she has solid info on LIS and WZ being village, or if that's just her opinion. I'll also be interested to see if this is part of Pippy's role and it's just an even day thing, or if the restriction will bounce around different players.

I would definitely like to hear more from Gwen today given the weird tag from Coopah. Definitely seems like something that should have been said in the wolf PM if they were both wolves, but I'm pretty sure this was Coopah's first time wolfing so I could see a slip-up like that happening.
IMG_20130917_172646.jpg
 
Coopah post analysis

Others have pointed this out already, but I agree this is weird and do want to look at Gwen more closely. Though on the other hand why not just call her attention to it in the wolf PM?


I was thinking that I wanted to look at hazel as well for some comments yesterday (plus she was in karabou's group), coopah hopping on this but fairly quickly waffling gives me another reason.


This was in response to Pippy and doesn't feel like wolf-wolf interaction to me. Very slight village points for Pippy.


She says this, which would make me want to give village points to lyra, but then she never actually votes for her. It's odd to me that she throws this shade her direction, but doesn't follow through even though it would have been beneficial for her as far as self preservation goes.


And then she kinda backs off it.


Not sure on this but I feel like she probably wouldn't choose to bring attention to a noob wolf day 1. I had some feelings on sporty yesterday, but this decreases those a tiny bit. So...wolfy end of neutral?

Her comments on NSFW and Great Butts don't do anything for me either way.





I may be biased because I think PBC is villaging, but this really reads like coopah just trying to save herself and get a villager lynched instead. And it's weird that she calls PBC out for jumping on lyra as an "easy target" when she had stated suspicions of her earlier as well. Little bit of slight support for AM in there too, although I think it's unlikely that coopah would have used a fellow wolf to defend her.

So I could go hazel or gwen today, maybe lyra.

I'm literally the one that voted for coop that put her at a tie with the others
 
Lynch gwen! She normally plays as a quiet, behind the scenes wolf, and I think it's super weird that coop tagged her after only one vote.
 
Dear kitten,

I have napped, but I still feel tired. I miss you, small friend. I am all alone in this metal box with the glass door.

well I mean one said that she trusts LIS and WZ, so I think she is still telling us stuff
Interesting, Pippy has a posting restriction now too! I'm glad mine isn't as difficult as that. :laugh: I'm curious if she has solid info on LIS and WZ being village, or if that's just her opinion.
I'm sure she's stating opinions in her posts. I don't think you're going to find slam dunk wolf info from her posts, if that's what you mean by "useful information".

Although, kitten -- I think it is time we talked about the rules of friendship. I am just a young dog, and don't know much about the ways of the world, but I do know that it is important to choose your true friends wisely, especially here, where we cannot sniff each other's butts to determine trustworthiness. "A friend to all is a friend to none." I believe Aristotle said that. He was the pekinese who lived next door before he moved away last year. Smart dog...although I think I saw him eat a sock once. Another piece of advice: socks are tasty, but do not eat them. *Sigh*, there are no socks here. And I do not feel like eating much, anyways.

In any case, kitten, it is good to listen to what our fellow furbeings say, especially when they make wise comments like Aristotle used to do. But, listening does not necessarily mean they are your BFFs. By the way, my BFF is named Maple; before these dark days, we played fetch together in the park. I bet Maple has found new friends by now 🙁

border-collie-puppies4.jpg
 
Dear kitten,

If you would like to find more good advice, there is another dog who you can listen for. She has been barking today -- I can hear her from another hallway. She says she is itchy because she is covered in little bugs. Don't worry kitten, you cannot catch the bugs that plague her.

Posting restrictions are really just that....you have to post in a certain way, doesn't typically indicate anything else and it usually goes away the next day.

I've had some suspicions of AM.

WZ was giving me suspicions at first because she wasn't posting an amount that is typical for her, but that's picked up some, going to keep an eye on that.

LIS is being LIS, he plays similar as wolf of villager. I have him leaning village right now.

STL is being his usual self. Thankfully he can't do village code crap anymore.

Has jilary posted much? I need to look through the thread.

I have AM and ser leaning a bit wolf currently.

Lynch AM for now

She may be even smarter than my old friend Aristotle. Probably not smarter than me; I am only 7 months old but I already understand many human words. Perhaps my growing fluency will help me when the strange humans come to open the glass door to my enclosure. They have been saying my name, and I am yet not sure what further torture they plan to inflict upon me.

Kitten, cats are not usually worth listening to (except for you, of course), but there is an old one here who seems to have some good thoughts sometimes. Again, don't become fast friends and start trying to knead her with your little paws quite yet, but earlier today I could hear her meowing some things that I agreed with.

current top wolf reads (all have already been said via pm, but figured I should post them here too)

  • AM: already explained this yesterday, but with making that much of an effort to change her posting style to be more helpful, she's definitely leaning wolfy to me
  • gwen: already explained earlier today
  • lyra: (contingent) I want to see if multiple people the same post restriction as pippy over the next couple of days. If so, I highly doubt that someone would have a picture post restriction and someone else is handing out the restriction of having to talk like you are in the place of your animal. Also one comment of hers that has been pointed out already really rubbed me the wrong way
  • hmoo: WZ's post got me thinking about this for the most part, so I am going to have to go back through her posts and hopefully talk to her via pm today
  • NFSW: probably more noob than wolf, but posts are very fluffy. Waffle vote late yesterday felt more like it was intended to push another frontrunner close to the wolf in the lead

I bet she doesn't know how to catch a frisbee in the air like I do, though.

Kitten, there is one thing that makes me even sadder than before. I overheard the strange human with white fur telling someone she thinks I am "sketchy." Why? I have not bitten anyone, and I didn't spread too much poop around the walls of my enclosure. In return for my kindness, she has made me into a pincushion. As I mentioned before, one of the needles is still in my leg. I could not chew it out. But maybe if I left it alone, she would think I was a nice puppy? My people at home think I am nice.

so right now for me.

Very sketchy:
AM (talked about this in my Lynch vote for her yesterday) will be voting for AM today.
Serher
Gwen
Pippy
PBC

If you see the one with white fur, kitten, please give her a little scratch for me for saying such mean things.

001_border-collie-puppies.jpg
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doesnt make sense for Coopah to tag me when I only had one vote, however knowing my play style it made sense why, and that the thread was being quiet.

Knowing that she was a wolf, it would have made more sense of her to PM me directly seeing as I am in her group.
 
Last night I saw a man hugging a large, pale, and panting black and tan dog, and he was crying.
 
Last night I saw a man hugging a large, pale, and panting black and tan dog, and he was crying.

Dear kitten,

Another sick furbeing said they saw something frightening and sad last night. What does it mean? I wish they would tell us more so we could know if we should be afraid or not. I am not sure I trust this storyteller, but it is hard to say since I have been cooped up in this extra clean-smelling area all by myself since I got here. You should try to get her to say more, and decide for yourself.

I don't want to be afraid of her story, but it is hard not to be worried about many things when I feel so sick. The strange people with blue fur tried to feed me some food that tasted like cardboard. I barfed on them. That will teach them to bring better food next time.
 
Last night I saw a man hugging a large, pale, and panting black and tan dog, and he was crying.

If it helps anything, I don't get to choose what I see. My treatment plan makes it so I see weird things.

Dear kitten,

I just had a thought. Yorkies are black and tan, are they not? And I bet a ghost yorkie would be paler than usual, and I know my people would cry if I were a ghost instead of a cuddly pup. But yorkies are not large, so maybe I am wrong. *Whimper* I am feeling sick again now. Time for another nap. Maybe you'll come play fetch with me in my dreams?
 
Dear kitten,

I just had a thought. Yorkies are black and tan, are they not? And I bet a ghost yorkie would be paler than usual, and I know my people would cry if I were a ghost instead of a cuddly pup. But yorkies are not large, so maybe I am wrong. *Whimper* I am feeling sick again now. Time for another nap. Maybe you'll come play fetch with me in my dreams?
So would that maybe mean that if
lynches= euthanized
wolf kills= unable to save animal?

That's deep though. I'm intrigued.

Also, sorry to hear you're in the extra clean area. I giggled at the "that will teach them to bring better food next time"
 
And I don't know anyone that likes parvo.... wolfy?

Do we think it is based on what ones trilt dislikes most? Or maybe random wolf in each category? I'm trying to decide what infectious disease thing is worse than parvo and I'd have to give lepto the win on that one but only barely. Unless, we've got some rabies or distemper floating around.
 
And I don't know anyone that likes parvo.... wolfy?

Do we think it is based on what ones trilt dislikes most? Or maybe random wolf in each category? I'm trying to decide what infectious disease thing is worse than parvo and I'd have to give lepto the win on that one but only barely. Unless, we've got some rabies or distemper floating around.

Dear kitten,

It is hard to sleep. I had been feeling a bit better, but now I am very ill again. I can't imagine anything worse than this, but I know I am a nice puppy and I have so much life left to enjoy, so I am being strong. This plastic thing attached to my leg might actually be helping, although I have to pee a lot more than I did before coming to this strange, lonely place.

I am glad you can't catch this from me, small kitten friend. There isn't a kitten disease that is this bad, right? ...or is there...?
 
karabou was someone who said I was sounding villagery in pm's and stood up for me on the thread, and then got killed overnight if it means anything to you guys. I don't think it was a coincidence

eta: if I was a wolf I wouldn't let my fellow wolves kill someone who already thought I was a villager, when most people are feeling weird about me
I feel like this is a very common wolf defense "oh but if I were a wolf would I really do that? Yes. Wolves do everything, and the sneakiest wolves will do something super "anti wolf" and then say "but would a wolf do that?"
Kitten, there is one thing that makes me even sadder than before. I overheard the strange human with white fur telling someone she thinks I am "sketchy." Why? I have not bitten anyone, and I didn't spread too much poop around the walls of my enclosure. In return for my kindness, she has made me into a pincushion. As I mentioned before, one of the needles is still in my leg. I could not chew it out. But maybe if I left it alone, she would think I was a nice puppy? My people at home think I am nice.



If you see the one with white fur, kitten, please give her a little scratch for me for saying such mean things.

001_border-collie-puppies.jpg
The strange human with the white fur isn't quite convinced you're not a wolf yet. You still are on her list, but not the highest.

Also the "maybe if I left it alone, she would think I was a nice puppy" hurt my heart. Get better soon Pippy and hopefully you won't have to keep posting like that!!
 
And I don't know anyone that likes parvo.... wolfy?

Do we think it is based on what ones trilt dislikes most? Or maybe random wolf in each category? I'm trying to decide what infectious disease thing is worse than parvo and I'd have to give lepto the win on that one but only barely. Unless, we've got some rabies or distemper floating around.
This just caught my eye glancing at thread. I like parvo as a wolf, but I am comparing it to another infectious disease I know is in the game. I am also partial in that I think pippy is Wolfy in how she responded yesterday.

And if a rabies animal exists in the game, it won't exist for a whole lot longer lol...
 
Dear kitten,

It is hard to sleep. I had been feeling a bit better, but now I am very ill again. I can't imagine anything worse than this, but I know I am a nice puppy and I have so much life left to enjoy, so I am being strong. This plastic thing attached to my leg might actually be helping, although I have to pee a lot more than I did before coming to this strange, lonely place.

I am glad you can't catch this from me, small kitten friend. There isn't a kitten disease that is this bad, right? ...or is there...?
What kitten plays fetch and plays with a frisbee? I am just glancing at thread now, but now I am more confused about whether you are a kitten or puppy...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like this is a very common wolf defense "oh but if I were a wolf would I really do that? Yes. Wolves do everything, and the sneakiest wolves will do something super "anti wolf" and then say "but would a wolf do that?"
Yeah I mean there's a counter argument to basically everything I say lol. At least I'm trying to defend myself and solve why the wolves killed karabou. I think taking away someone supporting a sketchy villager is a solid move and I am pretty sure we used that reasoning to kill someone last game. I didn't get the impression karabou had a role or anything from chatting with her, so I don't think that was their reason. And there must have been at least one reason.

Thoughts on why karabou was targeted (question to all)?
 
What kitten plays fetch and plays with a frisbee? I am just glancing at thread now, but now I am more confused about whether you are a kitten or puppy...

Dear kitten,

Since I am such a sick puppy, I think I am a little delirious. When I asked if you would play fetch with me in my dreams, I just meant that I would like a friend because I am so lonely here. I don't really know what games kittens prefer to play. I just know I like my frisbee the best.

At least you will be safe if you come to visit me again -- I don't think you can catch whatever sickness is making me feel so bad. I just hope that there isn't a similar illness for kittens somewhere out there. That's all.
 
I am glad you can't catch this from me, small kitten friend. There isn't a kitten disease that is this bad, right? ...or is there...?
hmmm i wonder if this is Pippy saying that she's not a wolf because there are other kitty versions of parvo? So like FPV. So just because Pippy's talking weird and has parvo, she might not be the thing Trilt hates the most