WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is kind of unrelated, but I definitely am getting a different vibe from AM this game than the last two. Either she's trying to be a more helpful villager, or she's trying a lot harder to hide her wolfiness... hrm.

It's probably the fact that I'm not being a quiet, in-the-background player this time.
 
I seriously don't even know what you would run on Coopah though. Just choosing one test for cancer? I think we need a vet for that decision (unless I missed someone post a test earlier)
Comes direct from petmd
"Your veterinarian will perform a complete physical exam on your cat, into account the background history of symptoms and possible incidents that might have led to this condition. You will need to provide a thorough history of your cat's health leading up to the onset of symptoms. A complete blood profile will be conducted, including a chemical blood profile, a complete blood count, a urinalysis and an electrolyte panel. Urine should also be sent for culture and sensitivity testing since a concurrent urinary tract infection is common.


X-rays of the chest and abdomen should be taken to look for possible spread of the cancer. Intravenous pyelography, a procedure that is used to take an X-ray image of the urinary system, will be used to examine the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys. For this procedure, a contrasting dye will be injected into the bloodstream, to be picked up by the kidneys and passed through through the ureters, bladder and urethra. The contrasting dye is visible on the X-ray imaging so that the internal structures can be seen and determined to be functioning normally or abnormally. Other contrast dye procedures that can be used to image the urinary tract may be used, either instead of, or in addition to, a pyelography. They include a voiding urethrogram (x-rays of dyes as the patient urinates), or vaginogram (X-rays of dyes within the vagina). These latter X-ray techniques are indicated if urethral or vaginal disease is suspected. Double-contrast cystography is the best way to visualize the mass(es) which are normally located at the trigone of the urinary bladder (a smooth triangular area inside the bladder).


For a definitive diagnosis, a biopsy of the mass is the gold standard. Biopsies may be obtained through traumatic catheterization (jamming a catheter into the masses), exploratory laparotomy (abdominal surgery), or cystoscopy (using a small camera with instruments attached). However, ultrasound-guided biopsy is not recommended, because this can easily cause further spreading of the cancer."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, both serher and Coopah have been pretty adamant about their non-wolfiness and they seem to be borderline frustrated, moreso than actually defensive about being wolves.

It's really hard for me to get a good read on anyone right now because I'm not too familiar with anyone's particular style, so I'm just going to have to cast my vote for Lyra on the basis that she did act a bit sketchier earlier and flew under the radar as soon as questioning was pointed towards someone else.

lynch Lyra
 
It's most noninvasive, we could just do a striaght biopsy to confirm since she's a sacrifical lamb?
 
I'm vague and confusing? Why would you say that? Is it because I have feet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sometimes the end is the end, and anybody who knows me well knows that I absolutely abhor transitional cell carcinoma (or, honestly, all urinary tract cancers). They killed one of my favourite patients in vet school, run the risk of being seeded along the needle if you dare aspirate them, and like to cause all sorts of stupid urinary tract infections and problems and discomfort.

Plus, it sucks to even have to hold your bladder for a while when full. Could you imagine how uncomfortable it would be to be completely unable to urinate? Bleh.

In any case, @Coopah had originally presented to the clinic for a little bit of hematuria (blood in her urine). Within a week this progressed to a complete inability to urinate, and with her owner fearing for the quality of life of her kitty... she was humanely euthanized.

It is now Night 1, and there are 23 patients in the hospital. Night deadline for submitting actions is 6AM EST tomorrow, but I highly appreciate when people get their actions in the night before.


- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

1. @hazelmoo
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @Karabiner13
4. @serher

Crunchy Stuff

6. @PrincessButterCup
7. @Gwenevre
8. @Animal Midwife

Controlled Death

9. @LetItSnow
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

13. @SummerTheLynx
14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
16. @Mad Jack

UGH.

17. @LyraGardenia
18. @SportPonies
19. @Caiter92
20. @nyanko

Slice 'n' Dice
21. @NSFW
22. @Great Butts
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (14yo DMH with TCC)
 
Sometimes the end is the end, and anybody who knows me well knows that I absolutely abhor transitional cell carcinoma (or, honestly, all urinary tract cancers). They killed one of my favourite patients in vet school, run the risk of being seeded along the needle if you dare aspirate them, and like to cause all sorts of stupid urinary tract infections and problems and discomfort.

Plus, it sucks to even have to hold your bladder for a while when full. Could you imagine how uncomfortable it would be to be completely unable to urinate? Bleh.

In any case, @Coopah had originally presented to the clinic for a little bit of hematuria (blood in her urine). Within a week this progressed to a complete inability to urinate, and with her owner fearing for the quality of life of her kitty... she was humanely euthanized.

It is now Night 1, and there are 23 patients in the hospital. Night deadline for submitting actions is 6AM EST tomorrow, but I highly appreciate when people get their actions in the night before.


- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

1. @hazelmoo
2. @mmmdreamerz
3. @Karabiner13
4. @serher

Crunchy Stuff

6. @PrincessButterCup
7. @Gwenevre
8. @Animal Midwife

Controlled Death

9. @LetItSnow
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

13. @SummerTheLynx
14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
16. @Mad Jack

UGH.

17. @LyraGardenia
18. @SportPonies
19. @Caiter92
20. @nyanko

Slice 'n' Dice
21. @NSFW
22. @Great Butts
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (14yo DMH with TCC)
We found a wolf!
burn-her-o.gif

(BURN HER!)
 
Woops, I meant to check back in here before lynch close but I napped for longer than I anticipated. But I'm glad we got a wolf! Although that throws my theory of the wolves having contagious diseases out the window. Good call whoever pointed out that blocker/protector could be a wolf ability, that definitely explains why Coop was so quick to ability reveal on thread, which I thought was weird.

I found this comic on FB earlier and thought it was funny:
FB_IMG_1488580092915.jpg
 
Awesome sauce. I feel like we learned a lot from that lynch...definitely see what Trilt meant about not focusing on roles as much. I wonder if the wolves are really bad/fatal diseases then?
 
Also! Ultrasound is in! I ordered an abdominal ultrasound (received a focused urinary ultrasound) on Coopah so we can test what the mod gods tell us vs what I can get.



The ultrasounds are actual images and I'm looking at them like
b7e.jpg


and they're found here (got a note that these will be taken down eventually). 🙂
 
I know a few people have suggested it, but I don't agree with the idea of cdo testing coop tonight. Unless someone can tell me why they think that will give us valuable info. Coop was who she said, but was still a wolf. Anyone know any other diseases trilt especially doesn't like?
(I only have day testing. My test was submitted already. I'm sorry. 🙁 )
 
Also! Ultrasound is in! I ordered an abdominal ultrasound (received a focused urinary ultrasound) on Coopah so we can test what the mod gods tell us vs what I can get.



The ultrasounds are actual images and I'm looking at them like
b7e.jpg


and they're found here (got a note that these will be taken down eventually). 🙂
So I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but do you now understand why I wanted someone with more real life vet experience to be our vet? I know you are trying, but somethings are hard to google.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also! Ultrasound is in! I ordered an abdominal ultrasound (received a focused urinary ultrasound) on Coopah so we can test what the mod gods tell us vs what I can get. On the 5th picture from the top the yellow pluses are on either side of the "mass" (soft tissue) in the bladder.



The ultrasounds are actual images and I'm looking at them like
b7e.jpg


and they're found here (got a note that these will be taken down eventually). 🙂

I'd have to draw arrows on those and circle things to explain what you are seeing. But, fluid is black on ultrasound...so the black area is urine in the bladder.
 
I'd have to draw arrows on those and circle things to explain what you are seeing. But, fluid is black on ultrasound...so the black area is urine in the bladder.


Grr...this should have also said....look at 5th picture down the yellow pluses kind of outline the mass in the bladder.


I also meant to change my vote earlier but got stuck at work and hour and a half late. It wouldn't have mattered because was going to change to AM.
 
Awesome sauce. I feel like we learned a lot from that lynch...definitely see what Trilt meant about not focusing on roles as much. I wonder if the wolves are really bad/fatal diseases then?
This sounds plausible based on my role description.
IMG_20130622_141937.jpg
 
Good lord I am terrible at ultrasounds. We keep getting tested on them in anatomy and I think I'm 0/4 this semester.
 
With that write up and some other stuff that I am aware of, I suspect that this game is similar to Favourite Things in that it is very personal to Trilt.

Thus, individual knowledge of Trilt would be beneficial, particularly in memorable cases, her personal animals, favourite/least favourite medical things, etc.
 
Not feeling motivated enough to read through 12 pages worth of stuff to make a list of suspicions. Will do later.

In the meantime, I think this proves that Cdo's testing abilities will not directly tell us wolf vs villager. However, combined with knowledge of Trilt I think it will be very valuable in figuring things out.
 
With that write up and some other stuff that I am aware of, I suspect that this game is similar to Favourite Things in that it is very personal to Trilt.

Thus, individual knowledge of Trilt would be beneficial, particularly in memorable cases, her personal animals, favourite/least favourite medical things, etc.
I think this might be trilt's "least favourite things"
 
Also! Ultrasound is in! I ordered an abdominal ultrasound (received a focused urinary ultrasound) on Coopah so we can test what the mod gods tell us vs what I can get.



The ultrasounds are actual images and I'm looking at them like
b7e.jpg


and they're found here (got a note that these will be taken down eventually). 🙂
I feel like these are supposed to be Rorschach test.

"What do you see in this picture?"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome sauce. I feel like we learned a lot from that lynch...definitely see what Trilt meant about not focusing on roles as much. I wonder if the wolves are really bad/fatal diseases then?
Definitely possible. Mine is bad, but not the worst stage that it could possibly be. So we could be looking at the worst of the worst type scenarios being wolves, where diagnostic testing can be helpful in determining how severe a certain patients disease is. (It's actually a cool concept, we can have Cdo fully investigate someone that we are worried about, and obtain info on how bad their condition is). Just a theory for now, but would be cool if that's how it worked.

In retrospect, I think that was a good move by Cdo to do an ultrasound of coopah, as that is a pretty danged bad mass (hence leading to my thoughts posted above)
 
Definitely possible. Mine is bad, but not the worst stage that it could possibly be. So we could be looking at the worst of the worst type scenarios being wolves, where diagnostic testing can be helpful in determining how severe a certain patients disease is. (It's actually a cool concept, we can have Cdo fully investigate someone that we are worried about, and obtain info on how bad their condition is). Just a theory for now, but would be cool if that's how it worked.

In retrospect, I think that was a good move by Cdo to do an ultrasound of coopah, as that is a pretty danged bad mass (hence leading to my thoughts posted above)
Just reiterating, my prognosis is super poor, won't live more than a month or two. I really don't think prognosis has much to do with it. I'm more convinced the wolves are diseases that trilt especially doesn't like for one reason or another.
 
Just reiterating, my prognosis is super poor, won't live more than a month or two. I really don't think prognosis has much to do with it. I'm more convinced the wolves are diseases that trilt especially doesn't like for one reason or another.
Based on the phrasing/story of the writeup, this is how I'm leaning
 
Not so plausible based off my role description. I'm totally going to die, probably have a month or two to live, but still a villager.

Just reiterating, my prognosis is super poor, won't live more than a month or two. I really don't think prognosis has much to do with it. I'm more convinced the wolves are diseases that trilt especially doesn't like for one reason or another.

Yeah, like Jil, I am in pretty bad shape, but still village. With the wording of Coop's role, specifically the "representing CANCER" part, I'm wondering if the wolves could actually be umbrella categories, represented by a single member of that category. So, Coop was cancer, but there could also be someone representing infectious disease, someone for vector-borne disease, someone for chronic disease/aging (... @SummerTheLynx ? :whistle:), someone for toxicoses...what am I forgetting?

Like I said, what ails me is pretty damn bad, and I am village, so I'm not sure if I buy in to the "worst of the worst", unless it means "things Trilt hates most" vs empirical worst, in which case I will lean on you guys who know her better to get the 411.

And, I'm glad we did the ultrasound on Coop, too, for game info purposes AND for real life learning purposes! Don't be discouraged, @cdoconn -- you'll just have to keep collaborating with your future colleagues, which I think is a good thing, not a bad one 🙂

P.S. the biochem exam I just took was a niiiiightmare. :hungover: