WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOTF is in Team Slice 'n' Dice with me, and I started a PM but she's barely responded at all- and when she did, it wasn't game related

She's definitely being quiet...based on other games, not sure how to feel about that though
 
LIS - "the inheritance" reasoning that you have - multiple people can do the thing (more than just who you think). Found that out by checking my pms a bit more carefully. Seems to be a constant for cats, although I am not sure if all cats are able to.

I'm wondering this too especially about Lyra, now that there does seem to be a constant for cats...
 
@LadyOtheFarm i would like to hear more about who you think is suspicious

@Gwenevre I would also like to hear more about who you think is suspicious

@NSFW I would also like to hear the same.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone talked to Gwen in PM and have better feels? The Coopah tag seems like it would be a super bad wolf move...almost too bad? At the same time, why tag for one vote? Gwen seems pretty villager to me on the game thread...especially this
Not an excuse, but I I tend to fall into this trap in WW frequently. I don't have a stellar defense other than what I've posted. My ability is passive, which is impossible to prove, doesn't make me a wolf but doesn't make me a villager either.
and this
Last night I saw a man hugging a large, pale, and panting black and tan dog, and he was crying.
She made it sound like the above was some kind of ability...
 
Unofficial Lynch Tally
NSFW (1) - BBC
Gwen (7) - serher, hmoo, PBC, LIS, AM, ny, Lyra
Hmoo (1) - WZ
Lyra () -
AM (1) - DVMD
serher (1) - GB
LOtF (1) - MJ

12/22
 
It just seems strange to me to hint about having an ability before hinting at a role.
Maybe I'm biased, but this seems like odd phrasing to me. Everyone here has a role in this game.
Doberman in heart failure or a whatever large breed black and tan dog with a hemangiosarcoma?
If this is a question directly to me, specifics weren't given.
@Gwenevre I would also like to hear more about who you think is suspicious
Reading back I still have feels on Serher. Her posts rub me in the "trying too hard" sort of way. Are we still planning on running blood or T4 on her @cdoconn?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not speak cat mystery language, so I am not sure what it means, but I wish they would either tell me, or hush up so I can get some rest.
Not a kitty either little pup. I speak your language. Just looking for a little entertainment in the moments of calm. The thought brought a big, wide, goofy smile to my mug.
 
DAMNIT-V is just an acronym for remembering differentials. Degenerative Anomalous Metabolic Neoplasia Infectious/Inflammatory Trauma/Toxin Vascular
I have a very vague memory of this. Thank you, because it tickled my brain, but that was all I got.
 
Officialish Lynch Tally
NSFW (1) - BBC
Gwen (7) - serher, hmoo, PBC, LIS, AM, ny, Lyra
Hmoo (1) - WZ
Lyra () -
AM (1) - DVMD
serher (1) - GB
LOtF (1) - MJ

12/22 - 10 votes unaccounted for, and several others who have not met the 5 posts/cycle requirement.

Deadline in just over eight hours at 8PM EST.
 
Gwen - Her defense just seems really lackluster to me. Also, I don't see the merit in defending with an ability first. I'm pretty sure those are the people wolves want to take out. I am interested in the dog she saw last night, though.

NSFW - She's barely added anything to the discussion other than agreeing with PBC. (And I will be voting this way next cycle if nothing changes.)

serher - The only reason I don't have her in the sketch territory is that she seems to be making attempts to defend herself. Otherwise it's hard to make a village call for a lot of things she says happened behind-the-scenes.

PBC - It kind of felt weird me how she was quick to shoot down me asking whether items might exist (which she later said they generally exist in a Trilt game). Then during the Coop lynch, when I voted for her, she implied I was voting for her because just she called me out earlier.

WZ and STL - I don't really have solid enough feels for either of you.
 
I feel like I don't have great reads on a lot of people here (my fault at least for some). Those who have peaked my interEST and attention:

Gwen- I don't know quite what to make of the Coopah interaction and go both ways. Add the black and tan quote in and I questioned whether that is from your ability or if it was anomalous for you... I would love to know which. It would help make my mind up.

STL- It sounds to me like you are playing villager side this game. Your style is somewhat muted though. Yesterday had more of the dramatic flair I expect, so I haven't decided what to make of the slight shift.

LIS- my favorite person this game, sounds village thus far to me.

WZ- slight lean village

Cdo- I hope that whole PM thing was just a mix up. As I said, I want to trust our only human to be village or at least neutral. I need to talk to her more, and that is on me.

I plan on talking to the others in my group through today and getting a better idea.

I'll give you more as the day goes on. I gotta disbud today so I expect I will procrastinate here as much as possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I don't have great reads on a lot of people here (my fault at least for some). Those who have peaked my interEST and attention:

Gwen- I don't know quite what to make of the Coopah interaction and go both ways. Add the black and tan quote in and I questioned whether that is from your ability or if it was anomalous for you... I would love to know which. It would help make my mind up.

STL- It sounds to me like you are playing villager side this game. Your style is somewhat muted though. Yesterday had more of the dramatic flair I expect, so I haven't decided what to make of the slight shift.

LIS- my favorite person this game, sounds village thus far to me.

WZ- slight lean village

Cdo- I hope that whole PM thing was just a mix up. As I said, I want to trust our only human to be village or at least neutral. I need to talk to her more, and that is on me.

I plan on talking to the others in my group through today and getting a better idea.

I'll give you more as the day goes on. I gotta disbud today so I expect I will procrastinate here as much as possible.
yes LOTF it was a mixup. When I read the PM, I was only really seeing the IRL story you were telling me about disgusting humans so it seemed to be avoiding the questions! We're good! :happy:
 
So if we're leaning towards lynching Gwen today, I'd like to do a broad exam (either a physical exam or a CBC panel or some sort) on another player that people keep thinking are sketchy. I'm leaning more towards AM/PBC/ serher.

Open for suggestions.
 
I think I'm going to lynch Lyra
Between what I already thought of her previously (and mentioned in-thread), and what points STL has made in the last couple pages, I've only felt more strongly about that choice. My other wolf choices have slowly creeping down my list (for now).

BBC and DVMD are highest on my villager list at the moment, and seem to be for others as well, so I was curious if there'd be any benefit to running a test on one of them to gain that information, or if we'd be better off just sticking with the more sketchy players. The one I'd be most on board with out of the three that @cdoconn listed would be serher.... alternately Gwen, if the votes don't stack up against her tonight in the long run.
 
Officialish Lynch Tally
NSFW (1) - BBC
Gwen (7) - serher, hmoo, PBC, LIS, AM, ny, Lyra
Hmoo (1) - WZ
Lyra (1) - SP
AM (2) - DVMD, Cdo
serher (1) - GB
LOtF (1) - MJ

14/22 - 8 votes unaccounted for, and still several others who have not met the 5 posts/cycle requirement. Deadline 8PM EST.
 
Also last tag before brunch @Caiter92 csn you elaborate a bit more on your suspicions?
Sorry! Been trying to stay away from the internet to study for immuno.

Still don't have wolfy feels for either Lyra or PBC. As far as I can tell, the only reason they started was PBC jokingly mentioning villager code? And I think cat who ate lilies would be a believable role, and posting restrictions aren't that common for wolves if I'm remember correctly. So I still think it's unlikely Lyra would be an original.

Still don't know what to think about you and dubz vouching for each other. You've both said you never can tell when the others a wolf previously, so it doesn't mean much to me you trust each other now 😛

Do think it's weird coopah tagged Gwen with only one vote, but also don't think a wolf would basically out another day 1. I can never read Gwen though, so I'll have to default to others opinions of her.

Dvmd was the first one to post title format, so I'm leaving villager for her.
 
BBC and DVMD are highest on my villager list at the moment, and seem to be for others as well,

Hmmm. This struck me as <really> odd.

DVMD as "highest" on your villager list? Why? She hasn't really said all that much. Certainly not enough to warrant being highest on anyone's list. And I don't recall anyone else having her as strong village. Plenty of people feel like she's village to neutral, but .... highest on your list?

I don't see that as justified.
 
Read back and saw gwens post about night results. Makes me lean villager for her because of the ability i think it would be. Unless it was from an item or something. Also pretty sure I know who she used it on.

Has anyone received an item yet?
 
Sorry! Been trying to stay away from the internet to study for immuno.

Still don't have wolfy feels for either Lyra or PBC. As far as I can tell, the only reason they started was PBC jokingly mentioning villager code? And I think cat who ate lilies would be a believable role, and posting restrictions aren't that common for wolves if I'm remember correctly. So I still think it's unlikely Lyra would be an original.

Still don't know what to think about you and dubz vouching for each other. You've both said you never can tell when the others a wolf previously, so it doesn't mean much to me you trust each other now 😛

Do think it's weird coopah tagged Gwen with only one vote, but also don't think a wolf would basically out another day 1. I can never read Gwen though, so I'll have to default to others opinions of her.

Dvmd was the first one to post title format, so I'm leaving villager for her.

Sketch all over this.
 
Could you point out the posts you're talking about here? I have a couple posts (linked because this post already has too many quotes, can expand on my reading of them if you like) putting PBC in the village category and I'm not seeing the fishing for information.

PBC - It kind of felt weird me how she was quick to shoot down me asking whether items might exist (which she later said they generally exist in a Trilt game).

The second post Dubz linked to is the same one that AM is referring to, but one of them reads the post as village and the other reads it as wolf. That's WW for you. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still don't have wolfy feels for either Lyra or PBC. As far as I can tell, the only reason they started was PBC jokingly mentioning villager code? And I think cat who ate lilies would be a believable role, and posting restrictions aren't that common for wolves if I'm remember correctly. So I still think it's unlikely Lyra would be an original.

It wasn't true villager code, but it also wasn't jokingly brought up. Something Lyra posted was at odds with my own role description and it made me question her.

Now that we know more about roles and we've seen what one wolf looks like, her comment is less sketch to me. But I didn't bring that discussion up in jest.
 
Read back and saw gwens post about night results. Makes me lean villager for her because of the ability i think it would be. Unless it was from an item or something. Also pretty sure I know who she used it on.

Has anyone received an item yet?

What exactly makes you think Gwen had an item and that her info isn't from her role? This post feels weird to me.
 
Hmmm. This struck me as <really> odd.

DVMD as "highest" on your villager list? Why? She hasn't really said all that much. Certainly not enough to warrant being highest on anyone's list. And I don't recall anyone else having her as strong village. Plenty of people feel like she's village to neutral, but .... highest on your list?

I don't see that as justified.

I agree with this. I've said a few things, not being quiet by any means. But not quoting everything and making a bunch of tl;dr posts like STL is. Just kind of in the middle. So I was surprised by that post too. But maybe it is just noobness?
 
First I'm having a rather shyte weekend, not making excuses, but it's why I haven't posted much this day cycle. I know one person knows what I've got going on. Sorry I've been MIA, may be for most of today too.

Hmmm. This struck me as <really> odd.

DVMD as "highest" on your villager list? Why? She hasn't really said all that much. Certainly not enough to warrant being highest on anyone's list. And I don't recall anyone else having her as strong village. Plenty of people feel like she's village to neutral, but .... highest on your list?

I don't see that as justified.
I have her as very likely village because of the whole outing the "villager code" on thread D1. It appears wolf roles are similarly set up, but she did this D1 before we knew what wolf roles looked like. Would have been a crazy bold wolf move especially so early in the game.

Lynch AM

Still have sketchy feels about her from D1.