-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread
Started by Trilt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah I know, but 3/4 of those would clear me, so I wanted to bring it up.A presence could have been:
-A seer
-A tracker
-A blocker
-A protector
We have no way to know which was outside your cage.
Yeah I know, but 3/4 of those would clear me, so I wanted to bring it up.
No, one would. Tracker would only clear if you were killing that night. And blocker only "clears" if, again, you were killing that night and that's only if the mod has decided a block will block the wolf kill...sometimes it doesn't, usually it does.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay fine, 3/4 could potentially.No, one would. Tracker would only clear if you were killing that night. And blocker only "clears" if, again, you were killing that night and that's only if the mod has decided a block will block the wolf kill...sometimes it doesn't, usually it does.
So, question. What does everyone think about having information on role names on the thread? It's not correlated with ability based off pms, so it's not going to expose anyone. But we can start seeing the distribution of each type of disease process and weeding down our representative original wolves. Thoughts? (And no, don't start revealing until this has actually been fleshed out a bit)
i actually can't see immediately where that would be a bad idea.
i mean if a wolf waited until the end they could claim a cancer that wasn't already claimed (since if we're going on the assumption of one wolf per major disease category, that would effectively clear them)
So, question. What does everyone think about having information on role names on the thread? It's not correlated with ability based off pms, so it's not going to expose anyone. But we can start seeing the distribution of each type of disease process and weeding down our representative original wolves. Thoughts? (And no, don't start revealing until this has actually been fleshed out a bit)
I personally don't have any objections since my role name is basically out there already, just haven't outright stated it....and, really, you can't figure out ability based on name.
I see no problem with this eitherSo, question. What does everyone think about having information on role names on the thread? It's not correlated with ability based off pms, so it's not going to expose anyone. But we can start seeing the distribution of each type of disease process and weeding down our representative original wolves. Thoughts? (And no, don't start revealing until this has actually been fleshed out a bit)
Okay fine, 3/4 could potentially.
Hey, I'm not the one stating you seem suspicious. I haven't made up my mind on you one way or another, basically you are neutral in my mind. Just pointing out other possibilities for shadow outside your cage.
Just checking in quickly at work - I'm also game for sharing role names (you all know mine now anyways)
sent from ma fone
sent from ma fone
Thoughts on posting role names - wouldn't it put any other cancer patients at risk of wolf kill? I'm just assuming there has to be others if we are going with the category theory (which I feel is likely).
That said, I don't really care if we post our role names or not. It may make it easier to narrow down wolves by category.
Also, possibly slightly paranoid thought, what if wolves or chaos has special conditions associated with certain disease categories? I'm just thinking of Pokémon where chaos had to get rid of all humans and mine craft where one wolf could kill animals as an extra kill.
That said, I don't really care if we post our role names or not. It may make it easier to narrow down wolves by category.
Also, possibly slightly paranoid thought, what if wolves or chaos has special conditions associated with certain disease categories? I'm just thinking of Pokémon where chaos had to get rid of all humans and mine craft where one wolf could kill animals as an extra kill.
I'm all for the role name revealing since it gives more to work off of.
Have been really busy today so I'm sorry if I'm behind here.That's my only ability, yes.
![]()
So Lyra, you're saying that associated with your role, you 1) can move groups and 2) have a posting restriction? This is just weird to me. Kinda makes me feel like the posting restriction is in place to *offset* the ability to switch around PM groups, because as a wolf, it would be valuable to be able to leech info from people via PM, so the posting restriction is nerfing it. I don't see a villager getting fitted with 2 abilities like that.
Based on that, and the fact that you had a couple weird terminology flip flops earlier on (during early theory sharing time, you made a comment about *non-contagious* animals being wolves, which actually would have implicated *you* and I think there might have been another similar thing, too)
***************Lynch Lyra****************
sent from ma fone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, question. What does everyone think about having information on role names on the thread? It's not correlated with ability based off pms, so it's not going to expose anyone. But we can start seeing the distribution of each type of disease process and weeding down our representative original wolves. Thoughts? (And no, don't start revealing until this has actually been fleshed out a bit)
i actually can't see immediately where that would be a bad idea.
I personally don't have any objections since my role name is basically out there already, just haven't outright stated it....and, really, you can't figure out ability based on name.
I see no problem with this either
Thoughts on posting role names - wouldn't it put any other cancer patients at risk of wolf kill? I'm just assuming there has to be others if we are going with the category theory (which I feel is likely).
That said, I don't really care if we post our role names or not. It may make it easier to narrow down wolves by category.
Also, possibly slightly paranoid thought, what if wolves or chaos has special conditions associated with certain disease categories? I'm just thinking of Pokémon where chaos had to get rid of all humans and mine craft where one wolf could kill animals as an extra kill.
I'm all for the role name revealing since it gives more to work off of.
I'll go first then. I'm the veterinarian. I think I'm the only human in this game.
Speaking of veterinarian, I think I'd like to do a CBC/ chem panel on AM today- any thoughts?
I think if we are all revealing, we should base it off of investigating the sketchier people in the appropriate manner based off what their role name is.I'll go first then. I'm the veterinarian. I think I'm the only human in this game.
Speaking of veterinarian, I think I'd like to do a CBC/ chem panel on AM today- any thoughts?
I will go next DSH with chronic kidney disease.
I thought that 30 seconds after posting. So I agree!I think if we are all revealing, we should base it off of investigating the sketchier people in the appropriate manner based off what their role name is.
I will go next DSH with chronic kidney disease.
I'm a Frenchie with atopic dermatitis.
I'm not sure why you're viewing the posting restriction as an ability, it's more of a hindrance than anything. It seems as though all cats have the ability to move groups at night, and the only person I've PM'd with is Caiter D1. I moved groups N1 to try to PM with STL since he clearly has suspicions of me, but then he moved groups too. I agree it's a weird role, but you'll have to take that up with Trilt. And I already explained that comment was a typo, let it go.Have been really busy today so I'm sorry if I'm behind here.
So Lyra, you're saying that associated with your role, you 1) can move groups and 2) have a posting restriction? This is just weird to me. Kinda makes me feel like the posting restriction is in place to *offset* the ability to switch around PM groups, because as a wolf, it would be valuable to be able to leech info from people via PM, so the posting restriction is nerfing it. I don't see a villager getting fitted with 2 abilities like that.
Based on that, and the fact that you had a couple weird terminology flip flops earlier on (during early theory sharing time, you made a comment about *non-contagious* animals being wolves, which actually would have implicated *you* and I think there might have been another similar thing, too)
***************Lynch Lyra****************
sent from ma fone
I'm a 6 month old pit puppy with generalized demodex
7 mo old female border collie with parvo
(photo included for cuteness purposes only)
(photo included for cuteness purposes only)
D
deleted806434
I implied very heavily what mine is, but just to be clear: 17 year-old DSH with hyperthyroidism.
14yo greyhound with osteosarcoma - tumor originated in the distal radius, leg amputated for palliative reasons, no chemo or radiation treatments, no obvious mets on thoracic rads (yes, I asked for details).
14yo greyhound with osteosarcoma - tumor originated in the distal radius, leg amputated for palliative reasons, no chemo or radiation treatments, no obvious mets on thoracic rads (yes, I asked for details).
(I love that Jil was nerdy enough to ask for details)
I'm a Frenchie with atopic dermatitis.
Just going to say that I think it's amusing(? curious?) that you chose to RNG lynch me D1 because "allergies iz a bad"...when you actually have allergies vs just being in the allergy 101 PM group. Obfuscation attempt?
I wanted to know what my prognosis was! Without chemo and radiation, not great, but at least it was distal radius and no obvious mets (though 90% chance there are mets, they just can't be detected yet).(I love that Jil was nerdy enough to ask for details)
One hour remaining.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just going to say that I think it's amusing(? curious?) that you chose to RNG lynch me D1 because "allergies iz a bad"...when you actually have allergies vs just being in the allergy 101 PM group. Obfuscation attempt?
I'm a little confused. What do you mean by obfuscation attempt?
I'm still really not feeling the Lyra lynch. Maybe it's just cause she hasn't been around a bunch from being sick (hope you feel better now 🙂 ) but I'm not getting wolfy vibes from her posting.
But, since antifreeze didn't end up being our toxin wolf (going off the theory of one wolf/disease type), I could see lily toxicity being it. I mean, many people have no idea how toxic lillies can be to their pets.
I'm torn. I don't think we should be focusing on role names in this game, my own disease isn't the nicest, but that would be the only reason I'd feel she was possibly a wolf.
But, since antifreeze didn't end up being our toxin wolf (going off the theory of one wolf/disease type), I could see lily toxicity being it. I mean, many people have no idea how toxic lillies can be to their pets.
I'm torn. I don't think we should be focusing on role names in this game, my own disease isn't the nicest, but that would be the only reason I'd feel she was possibly a wolf.
I don't like how willing this lynch is, such that it's a runaway lynch. With that said, before I saw it being a runaway lynch, I was feeling good that we had a wolf. In any event, this egg needs to get cracked, and I don't think waiting to crack it would be a good idea (it will act as a distraction for conversations on other people we think may be Wolfy)I'm still really not feeling the Lyra lynch. Maybe it's just cause she hasn't been around a bunch from being sick (hope you feel better now 🙂 ) but I'm not getting wolfy vibes from her posting.
But, since antifreeze didn't end up being our toxin wolf (going off the theory of one wolf/disease type), I could see lily toxicity being it. I mean, many people have no idea how toxic lillies can be to their pets.
I'm torn. I don't think we should be focusing on role names in this game, my own disease isn't the nicest, but that would be the only reason I'd feel she was possibly a wolf.
I was wondering if choosing someone in the allergy group to rng lynch was a deliberate attempt to obscure your own disease process. It was D1, we didn't know if roles or diseases had any significance yet, so I'm not really reading anything into it -- I just found it interesting. I could see someone doing that as village or as a wolf to achieve the same ends: subconsciously throw people off the scent. Or are you saying it was truly RNG?I'm a little confused. What do you mean by obfuscation attempt?
It's spring break for me guys, I'm going to catch up ASAP
Okay, 3 pages and 3 people have died overnight??
I was wondering if choosing someone in the allergy group to rng lynch was a deliberate attempt to obscure your own disease process. It was D1, we didn't know if roles or diseases had any significance yet, so I'm not really reading anything into it -- I just found it interesting. I could see someone doing that as village or as a wolf to achieve the same ends: subconsciously throw people off the scent. Or are you saying it was truly RNG?
Oh. Now I get it. Yes, it really was RNG, but when I noticed where you were at I decided to make a little inside joke that hinted at my role.
Yeah. Some people have actual suspicions and reasons, other people just seem to be going with it and not wanting more discussion of other things.I don't like how willing this lynch is, such that it's a runaway lynch. With that said, before I saw it being a runaway lynch, I was feeling good that we had a wolf. In any event, this egg needs to get cracked, and I don't think waiting to crack it would be a good idea (it will act as a distraction for conversations on other people we think may be Wolfy)
I'm going to keep my lynch vote on AM. If Lyra ends up being wolf, then we can start seriously looking at the one wolf/disease type and maybe some stock in role name. If she's village, then we can maybe look at people who went easily for it without reason of their own.
What's the point of doing role reveals?? I don't know if that'll be conducive to any investigations if wolves can change their information to throw villagers off. What's stopping anyone from lying about it?
Well, if they claim to have something that someone has, that's one way to catch it.What's the point of doing role reveals?? I don't know if that'll be conducive to any investigations if wolves can change their information to throw villagers off. What's stopping anyone from lying about it?
I also agree with suspicions about AM. I was looking to do a test on AM (she claimed atopic dermatitis) but I saw on the Merck Manual "The diagnosis is challenging and is based on signalment, clinical signs, and disease history and not on laboratory tests" so I'm not sure what to do anymoreYeah. Some people have actual suspicions and reasons, other people just seem to be going with it and not wanting more discussion of other things.
I'm going to keep my lynch vote on AM. If Lyra ends up being wolf, then we can start seriously looking at the one wolf/disease type and maybe some stock in role name. If she's village, then we can maybe look at people who went easily for it without reason of their own.
Well, I must say then, I'm actually a niffler with quite a bit of GI stasis.Well, if they claim to have something that someone has, that's one way to catch it.
Though, funnily enough, I might have fallen under a nasty transfiguration spell. Could have sworn I was tending to a client's wilting bowtruckles at the clinic as an actual human...
I don't like the Lyra lynch either, which is why I'm not voting for her and I have much stronger feels for AM. That's the egg I'd prefer to crack.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That explains why you were so adamant about lying anyone claiming CKD.I think if we are all revealing, we should base it off of investigating the sketchier people in the appropriate manner based off what their role name is.
I will go next DSH with chronic kidney disease.
Well, I must say then, I'm actually a niffler with quite a bit of GI stasis.
Though, funnily enough, I might have fallen under a nasty transfiguration spell. Could have sworn I was tending to a client's wilting bowtruckles at the clinic as an actual human...
![]()

Well, I must say then, I'm actually a niffler with quite a bit of GI stasis.
Though, funnily enough, I might have fallen under a nasty transfiguration spell. Could have sworn I was tending to a client's wilting bowtruckles at the clinic as an actual human...
![]()
What the heck?!
Seriously?? Anyone remember if Trilt's a big Harry Potter fan? Even if she is, this seems way too weird.Well, I must say then, I'm actually a niffler with quite a bit of GI stasis.
Though, funnily enough, I might have fallen under a nasty transfiguration spell. Could have sworn I was tending to a client's wilting bowtruckles at the clinic as an actual human...
![]()
Unlynch Lyra
Lynch AM
It might be too late for this to have any effect, but I still don't believe completely in AM, since Day 1
Lynch AM
It might be too late for this to have any effect, but I still don't believe completely in AM, since Day 1
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7K
- Views
- 124K