WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh man. Remember how I mentioned yesterday morning was going to be an awkward phone call to the owner? Well...

Found floating in his tank was @LetItSnow, a 3yo bearded dragon with metabolic bone disease. He gained slightly more information about anyone who visited him during the night, and apparently was not an aquatic species.

Teeth marks all over his body and blood smeared all throughout the cage, @NSFW was found barely responsive in the morning and then passed away by the time someone could get an IV in him. He was a 12yo, intact chihuahua with severe dental disease, and he could block a person nightly with his horrendous halitosis. Maybe now someone could do a rectal on him.

And lastly - and most disappointingly - @BeautifulBritishColumbia, a 5yo fs Marshall Farms ferret with adrenal disease was found dead in her cage, strangled in the raggedy edges of one of the cage towels. She could enthusiastically redirect the person of her choice every evening. Here she is in better days...

What sort of vet clinic is this anyway?

It is now Day 3, and there are 18 patients in the hospital. Lynch deadline with be 8PM EST tomorrow evening (03/07).

- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

1. @hazelmoo
13. @SummerTheLynx

Crunchy Stuff

6. @PrincessButterCup
8. @Animal Midwife

Controlled Death

11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
16. @Mad Jack
17. @LyraGardenia

UGH.

18. @SportPonies
19. @Caiter92
20. @nyanko
2. @mmmdreamerz

Slice 'n' Dice
22. @Great Butts
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm
4. @serher

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (DMH with TCC)
3. @Karabiner13 - Yorkie with Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
7. @Gwenevre - Pomeranian with Antifreeze Toxicity
21. @NSFW - Chihuahua with Dental Disease
9. @LetItSnow - Bearded Dragon with MBD
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Ferret with Adrenal Disease

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OK, NSFW info is making me feel even stronger that he is a wolf.

1. I still think (and the writeups so far support this) that this game is personal to Trilt and that the things she hates most will be wolves.
2. I can't think of a single person that likes chi dentals, never mind old chi dentals with a crap mouth. Seriously, just go look at the recent comments by a few people here regarding Dental Awareness Month. To me the role itself screams wolf.
3. His posting style is so different than what I would have expected, and very different from his tone in the Watering Hole. This obviously is worth pretty much nothing, but it was initially enough to make me take a second look.
4. So much fluff. Yes, is a noob, but there is 2 posts of actual thought this entire game. Those posts were simply piggybacking off of other opinions and going "I agree".
5. When things got bad for Coop D1, he flipped his vote to Ser who was one of the other front runners at the time. This was still at a point when Coop potentially could have been saved.

I really think this lynch will net us something.

I'm a girl :p

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well that sure was a lot of villagers in one night...apparently all those NSWF feels were just noobness.

Reactions: 1 users
well since deadline is in 5 minutes and no one is changing so shes screwed anyway, from her results it seems like she is some sort of tracker (if she wasn't lying about them and they weren't from an item).

That's the only thing that's been holding me back from voting from her, cause again I'm pretty sure I know who she used her ability/item/whatever on that would give those results.

Clearly Gwen wasn't a wolf, but Caiter seemed so sure that she wasn't, which I thought was strange. I was waffling back and forth with gwen, though so maybe she able to ignore the whole copal thing and was convinced she was villager.

It just seems strange to me to hint about having an ability before hinting at a role.

I really didn't get her point here. It seemed like she was trying to be helpful but didn't particularly seem all that relevant. AM definitely seems to be trying to come off as less wolfy in the game, but it some ways it makes her come off more wolfy lol. Sorry AM, always suspicious of you:p

-Serher has been pretty involved on the thread and while I'm trying to remember she did a really good job staying under the radar as a wolf in the last game, I'm not feeling too convinced she's wolfy...especially talking to her in PM.

-I'm also less convinced of a Lyra lynch. I could see someone like STL coming up with their own crazy posting restriction to fly under the radar, but that doesn't really seem like Lyra to me based on previous games. What a pain to restrict yourself like that for a whole game.

-I'm also less convinced of a Lyra lynch. I could see someone like STL coming up with their own crazy posting restriction to fly under the radar, but that doesn't really seem like Lyra to me based on previous games. What a pain to restrict yourself like that for a whole game.

Wolves have been given posting restrictions before. As in, they have to post that way. I don't think lyra made it up. I do think she has to post flowers. I also think she's a wolf. Please read previous posts about this exact thing that.

On that note about the Lyra restriction, I would also expect that she would have been better about remembering it (she had a few times where she had to edit her posts) if she were trying to do it for cover.

But I don't know why people keep getting hung up on that when it's been said multiple times that wolves can get posting restrictions, and that is more likely than her making it up.

Edit: always being ninja'd :cryi:

On that note about the Lyra restriction, I would also expect that she would have been better about remembering it (she had a few times where she had to edit her posts) if she were trying to do it for cover.

But I don't know why people keep getting hung up on that when it's been said multiple times that wolves can get posting restrictions, and that is more likely than her making it up.

Edit: always being ninja'd :cryi:

Sorry, my cat woke me up early, complaining about being hungry or something and now I can't fall back asleep. Darn cat ruining my sleeping in on vacation.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, if anyone has the ability to revive (may or may not be present this game).

The sooner, the better. Sitting on that ability isn't a good idea.

I'd love to see the old man with the brittle bones ( :laugh: ) come back since he was participating and can get info. But any player that had the ability to get info would be good.

Lynch Lyra

Seems even more likely since my early vote day 1. It's time we see if all those questions add up to something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really didn't get her point here. It seemed like she was trying to be helpful but didn't particularly seem all that relevant. AM definitely seems to be trying to come off as less wolfy in the game, but it some ways it makes her come off more wolfy lol. Sorry AM, always suspicious of you:p

Wolves tend to focus on villagers with abilities to kill. It looks like abilities are less rare in this game judging by the deaths so far, but revealing a more powerful one on thread as opposed to PM (and before a more harmless role reveal) combined with Gwen's little-to-no defense just didn't add up right at the time.

@Trilt were any of these modkills? (I'm guessing no since I thought all these guys were posting enough except maybe NSFW, but thought it might be good to check).

I'm probably going to head towards a Lyra vote today, but I may also swing back to my LoTF vote from a few days ago, or a nyanko vote depending on how today plays out. Need to go back and re-read.

sent from ma fone

@Trilt were any of these modkills? (I'm guessing no since I thought all these guys were posting enough except maybe NSFW, but thought it might be good to check).

I'm probably going to head towards a Lyra vote today, but I may also swing back to my LoTF vote from a few days ago, or a nyanko vote depending on how today plays out. Need to go back and re-read.

sent from ma fone
Oh I will tell you if I mod kill someone. :p

That's a rough night. We lost the blocker, the redirector, and... whatever LIS's abilities were

Clearly Gwen wasn't a wolf, but Caiter seemed so sure that she wasn't, which I thought was strange. I was waffling back and forth with gwen, though so maybe she able to ignore the whole copal thing and was convinced she was villager.

-Serher has been pretty involved on the thread and while I'm trying to remember she did a really good job staying under the radar as a wolf in the last game, I'm not feeling too convinced she's wolfy...especially talking to her in PM.

Gwens night results are what made me think she was most likely villager, since to me they seemed very tracker like, which in most games I've played has been more of a villager ability. That was the one thing holding me back from Gwen, because like I said before I can never read her since she's never very active and doesn't really give defenses as a villager or wolf.

Someone appears to have looked into me last night. I got a pm that I felt someones presence near my cage.

I figured NSFW was a chihuahua with dental disease and the tense abdomen was unimportant and I didn't think that was wolfy. I wish I had articulated that better yesterday in addition to being a ball of snark.

Wolves tend to focus on villagers with abilities to kill. It looks like abilities are less rare in this game judging by the deaths so far, but revealing a more powerful one on thread as opposed to PM (and before a more harmless role reveal) combined with Gwen's little-to-no defense just didn't add up right at the time.

There are a lot of things that go into a wolf kill. They don't just pick off people who've mentioned abilities (especially in a game where vanilla isn't likely), they have to be more strategic than that. The seer isn't going to out themselves, but it's obviously very important to get them out of the game. Same with protector, tracker, blocker. Any ability that can 1.) Identify them as a wolf, and 2.) Prevent their night kill from happening.

Gwen's ability was passive, and she stated that she didn't know if it was trustworthy. She wouldn't have made herself a target with that reveal. Sure, maybe later on, but this early in the game I don't see Gwen being a wolf's #1 concern.

I ended the day with a Lyra vote yesterday, but I'm going to start today with AM. I'm more confident with this vote (especially after some of the conversation late D2) and I've talked about my suspicions for her before. I also like Ser or Lyra today, depending on what plays out.

Lynch AM

There are a lot of things that go into a wolf kill. They don't just pick off people who've mentioned abilities (especially in a game where vanilla isn't likely), they have to be more strategic than that. The seer isn't going to out themselves, but it's obviously very important to get them out of the game. Same with protector, tracker, blocker. Any ability that can 1.) Identify them as a wolf, and 2.) Prevent their night kill from happening.

Gwen's ability was passive, and she stated that she didn't know if it was trustworthy. She wouldn't have made herself a target with that reveal. Sure, maybe later on, but this early in the game I don't see Gwen being a wolf's #1 concern.

I have to disagree. Some people figured out she was a tracker and I bet the wolves wanted her out of the game ASAP. Even if Gwen didn't know if it was trustworthy, I can't see the wolves taking a risk of being caught by keeping her around.

I think AM had too much close interaction with coop on the thread for her to be a wolf. Though I can't remember if AM has been a wolf before, I feel like the tendency I've seen in the past with newer wolves is to avoid each other entirely, not to use each other for defense and vote together. @PrincessButterCup you pointed out that coop hopped on your vote right after AM did, and I'm reading that the opposite of what you are - to me it looks like she felt comfortable switching because a villager did it first, and especially a villager who she wanted to trust her and defend her.

That's a rough night. We lost the blocker, the redirector, and... whatever LIS's abilities were
I think that Lis might have been a reverse tracker. It said
He gained slightly more information about anyone who visited him during the night

I think AM had too much close interaction with coop on the thread for her to be a wolf. Though I can't remember if AM has been a wolf before, I feel like the tendency I've seen in the past with newer wolves is to avoid each other entirely, not to use each other for defense and vote together. @PrincessButterCup you pointed out that coop hopped on your vote right after AM did, and I'm reading that the opposite of what you are - to me it looks like she felt comfortable switching because a villager did it first, and especially a villager who she wanted to trust her and defend her.
I think AM was a wolf last game? If not that one, then Star Wars. But I'm pretty sure it was the last game.

Her posting style has seemed slightly more villagery to me this time since the start. Contributing more, disagreeing with people a little more, even though it's still not a lot.

I thought she was reading more quiet newbie than wolf last game, though, and she was definitely wolfy, so I may not be the best judge.

Serher's also been reading progressively more village to me as time goes on. But again, no way would I have caught her last time...So my wolfy radar may be off on both of them.

@LadyOtheFarm I know you're busy, but you're starting to sketch me out. Real reads, please?

sent from ma fone

So, looking back through, I think pippy would be another good candidate for today. The dear kitten stuff was pretty good.. but her unwillingness to lynch coop D1 mixed with this comment:
Welp, I hope all of you who voted for gwen feel good about that right now. I can tell you that tomorrow I'm going to be looking really closely at this bracket.

Gwen (8) - serher, hmoo, LIS, [AM, ny, Lyra,] 3m, LotF
Makes me think she's a wolf.
lynch pippy

So, looking back through, I think pippy would be another good candidate for today. The dear kitten stuff was pretty good.. but her unwillingness to lynch coop D1 mixed with this comment:

Makes me think she's a wolf.
lynch pippy

Pippy did go back on that comment shortly thereafter, apologizing for coming off so short. I do agree that that comment in and of itself, with no context, seems a little wolfy, but contextually, I'm not seeing it at the moment.

That third one. Being a wolf with a role restriction has happened before. I think a few times actually.

I'm not lynching lyra for her restriction. I'm lynching because if we think there are groups...I'm thinking toxins and if ethylene glycol didn't win for wolf. I'm thinking lily toxicity is wolfy.
I think that this idea is extremely valuable, provided that the assumption of "1 wolf per ailment category" is a valid one, and I haven't seen many other thoughts on it since DVMD posted it.

I can see your reading. That wasn't my only reason for voting for her today, so I'll keep my vote for the moment. It looks like you and Pippy are reading AM as village right now?

Yikes, three deaths last night? I'd agree NSFW was likely taken out by a villager assassin, and then the wolves got an extra kill somehow.

I think that this idea is extremely valuable, provided that the assumption of "1 wolf per ailment category" is a valid one, and I haven't seen many other thoughts on it since DVMD posted it.
So because we found one other villager with a toxicosis, suddenly I must be wolfy??? There are probably 4-5 players per category if we assume we started with 5 wolves. If we're going off the theory that wolves have especially severe diseases or diseases that Trilt hates the most, I already mentioned that my role PM said I'm likely to get better with time and treatment.

I know I made a couple unintentionally odd comments earlier that apparently came off as wolfy, but I'm just giving my honest thoughts like I always do. I'd be way more careful about not saying anything weird/nooby if I were a wolf. I don't think my posts would be under half as much scrutiny if it weren't for this stupid posting restriction. :yeahright: I really thought role revealing would STOP me from being a distraction, but that backfired. If anyone has questions for me or would like to give actual reasoning for their votes, I'd appreciate it, it seems like some people are just bandwagoning off STL's thoughts. Going to go look through things a bit and I'll be back with my reads on people.
jRyrH31.jpg

I'd get behind either the Lyra or the AM lynch. I had the chance last night to PM with LOTF and I'm feeling a lot better about her. Right now I want to focus on the AM/ Lyra/ Pippy

Yeah I was planning either Lyra or NSFW today, but AM is still fairly high on my possible wolf list. Pippy is on my watch list too but I need to go reread her posts because I don't have a strong read on her right now.

Yeah I was planning either Lyra or NSFW today, but AM is still fairly high on my possible wolf list. Pippy is on my watch list too but I need to go reread her posts because I don't have a strong read on her right now.
(NSFW is already dead :beat:)

Solid village:
cdo
STL
DVMD

Slight village:
hmoo
Pippy
Jilary
WZ
Caiter
Great Butts

Neutral:
MJ
ny
SportPonies
LotF

Slight wolf:
PBC
AM
3m
serher

I'd like to hear more from @Mad Jack today, I know the dude's busy but he literally only posted a lynch vote D2. Also anyone have thoughts on @mmmdreamerz? She's been much quieter than past games from what I recall, and what she has posted has been pretty short, hence why she's in my slight wolf category.
425774f7602fb65cd57596d51a560dd5.jpg

Unofficial Lynch Tally

Lyra (6) - DVMD, AM, ny, STL, WZ, LOtF
AM (1) - PBC
Pippy (1) - hmoo

8/18

Last edited:
Solid village:
cdo
STL
DVMD

Slight village:
hmoo
Pippy
Jilary
WZ
Caiter
Great Butts

Neutral:
MJ
ny
SportPonies
LotF

Slight wolf:
PBC
AM
3m
serher

I'd like to hear more from @Mad Jack today, I know the dude's busy but he literally only posted a lynch vote D2. Also anyone have thoughts on @mmmdreamerz? She's been much quieter than past games from what I recall, and what she has posted has been pretty short, hence why she's in my slight wolf category.
425774f7602fb65cd57596d51a560dd5.jpg
I have 3m as solid villager, and I would be shocked if she was a wolf.

Solid village:
cdo
STL
DVMD

Slight village:
hmoo
Pippy
Jilary
WZ
Caiter
Great Butts

Neutral:
MJ
ny
SportPonies
LotF

Slight wolf:
PBC
AM
3m
serher

3M strips has been really quiet this game, which is the opposite of her usual bubbly/ chatty game play, so it's a little suspicious to me

Yeah I have talked to mmm quite a bit via pm and she is acting very similarly to her last games as village. She's leaning that way for me right now

I can see your reading. That wasn't my only reason for voting for her today, so I'll keep my vote for the moment. It looks like you and Pippy are reading AM as village right now?
Not strong village since it's based on interactions and not her own reads/analysis, but village leaning

I think AM was a wolf last game? If not that one, then Star Wars. But I'm pretty sure it was the last game.

Her posting style has seemed slightly more villagery to me this time since the start. Contributing more, disagreeing with people a little more, even though it's still not a lot.

I thought she was reading more quiet newbie than wolf last game, though, and she was definitely wolfy, so I may not be the best judge.

Serher's also been reading progressively more village to me as time goes on. But again, no way would I have caught her last time...So my wolfy radar may be off on both of them.

@LadyOtheFarm I know you're busy, but you're starting to sketch me out. Real reads, please?

sent from ma fone
Lol completely forgot she was a wolf last game. My general feeling is that she's trying harder this game, and while it could really go either way I feel like it's easier to make that change as a villager than as a wolf.