WWhere There's a WWhisk, There's a WWay! - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
frequently done because one if not both players can't fully commit.
not this one. it was done because kcough missed sign ups and so i asked if we could hydra so that she could still play since we're basically the same person irl and so we could just be the same person in this ww and both get to play.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
why should i have to go and search around sdn to figure out where a missing player is? i shouldn't have to and frankly, i am not going to.

Um, so when it's in the sign up thread? Guess you're not responsible there either.

I mention it's elsewhere to say it's common and corroborated knowledge even if it's not universal knowledge.

It's cool, you didn't know. No need to act like it's a big deal if I acted like I'd mentioned it to most. Cuz I had.

Members don't see this ad :)
But also, maybe it literally just went over her head? This comment confused me too because I thought she would have picked up on that but I also can't seem to make the fact she didn't wolfy per se.

Oh. I did not understand that. I knew he said he was making an account but didn't get that this was the account or why Finn was lynching him D1. Makes more sense.

That being said these posts are kind weird lol

Tbh I think it should be sketch points to paws because she was there irl when finn said that Asparagus needs to make an account and play so she can lynch him first.
i posted this yesterday. so unless you missed it paws, i dont really get how it just maybe went over your head? :laugh:

Edit: 3 posts.
I only had 2 posts before the first today, and to be honest, I don't really have much strategic basis for voting one way or another right now: i'm essentially voting at random. So since I needed to throw in a third post and was gonna be on awhile while I ran some financial bookkeeping, I thought tapping into my atavistic villager prejudices against things that sound monstrous might prove enlightening.

Also, I'm hitting the gym as soon as I post this, so I'm not gonna be responding to anything.

Please explain meta analysis.
Meta analysis is looking at overall stylistic elements of a player's game play across the course of many games, and using that to help determine affiliation based on how consistent they are with regards to their "meta".

At least, that's how I would describe it. I'm not sure wtf crayola is talking about if she is saying she uses it based on one game.

Reactions: 3 users
I only had 2 posts before the first today, and to be honest, I don't really have much strategic basis for voting one way or another right now: i'm essentially voting at random. So since I needed to throw in a third post and was gonna be on awhile while I ran some financial bookkeeping, I thought tapping into my atavistic villager prejudices against things that sound monstrous might prove enlightening.

Also, I'm hitting the gym as soon as I post this, so I'm not gonna be responding to anything.
since you're new, real life does not matter in ww. wolves can be just as busy as villagers. no one is going to accept being busy irl as an excuse :)

Reactions: 2 users
Um, so when it's in the sign up thread? Guess you're not responsible there either.

I mention it's elsewhere to say it's common and corroborated knowledge even if it's not universal knowledge.

It's cool, you didn't know. No need to act like it's a big deal if I acted like I'd mentioned it to most. Cuz I had.
I understand the frustration. Currently in the crap of Kentucky with all the snow and ice. Going 30mph.. Will be the one driving soon so I won't be posting either. Been too anxious to post lately with almost going off the road twice.

Agree asparagus is sounding weird, but I feel like any wolf pack worth their salt would have gotten on his (?) case. I'm also getting an NSFW vibe.

I don't really have much strategic basis for voting one way or another right now: i'm essentially voting at random.

That said, I don't love these statements.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I understand the frustration. Currently in the crap of Kentucky with all the snow and ice. Going 30mph.. Will be the one driving soon so I won't be posting either. Been too anxious to post lately with almost going off the road twice.
Today’s torrential downpours involved me not seeing the road. A lot.

Meta analysis is looking at overall stylistic elements of a player's game play across the course of many games, and using that to help determine affiliation based on how consistent they are with regards to their "meta".

At least, that's how I would describe it. I'm not sure wtf crayola is talking about if she is saying she uses it based on one game.

I played one game with Mel where he was village. He has a certain type of logic.

Next game I figured out he was wolf (first time in my life I was like WOLF GET ME MY GUN) and it was simply a couple posts that sounded like him, but the logic was just a *bit* off.)

Most wolves I've been right about, same sorta thing. And my metas on several were from 1 game. Maybe just idiot savanting, I dunno.

Members don't see this ad :)
unlynch VA

Jumping off before this goes anywhere because as excited as I am to lynch him I don't really want to run him off by killing him day one unless there's a good reason to and it just isn't there. Some strange posting indeed, but it's more nooby than anything else which isn't indicative of affiliation.

lynch mel

Getting some strange feels from CheezIt. They could very well be nothing, but I'd like to push him a little bit more.

I played one game with Mel where he was village. He has a certain type of logic.

Next game I figured out he was wolf (first time in my life I was like WOLF GET ME MY GUN) and it was simply a couple posts that sounded like him, but the logic was just a *bit* off.)

Most wolves I've been right about, same sorta thing. And my metas on several were from 1 game. Maybe just idiot savanting, I dunno.

Ok, that is what I would describe as "feels" or like, "regular analysis."

Meta is ...meta.

I put Stella because I know she can put in double the effort this time for sure. Friday will be rough but I'll be done traveling that day and can help sort her tech issues Saturday. She liked playing and really wants to do more as soon as she has that straight.
this is your post from sign ups "saying you are in LA"
"done traveling friday" =/= "i will be traveling all day friday even though my flight isnt until 5:45 pm and will be sparse"
obviously i'm not the only one who didn't know or remember you were traveling since trilt questioned it and (i believe) johnnaboo and bryndia both liked my post saying "why should we all know you're in LA"

you know this already crayons, real life doesn't matter in ww. wolves can be just as busy as villagers. it still isn't going to give you a free pass. i'm not saying that i'm going to vote for you because you weren't around a lot today because you're apparently traveling, but i am saying that assuming everyone knows you are in la and should give you a free pass today is bull.

Reactions: 4 users
Today’s torrential downpours involved me not seeing the road. A lot.
yikes, people -- be safe!

Unofficial D1 Keep Calm and Bake On Lynch Tally

VA (1) - capri
Paws () -
Mixy (3) - lawp, KL, pippy
finn (2) - paws, VA
Kski (1) - cray
nohika (3) - am, lis, mel
KL (2) - trilt, boo
vmh (2) - allie, bryndy
mel (3) - nohika, kski, finn
lawp (2) - Mixy, sky
allie (1) - snowy
sky (1) - vmh

:shifty: :heckyeah: A tie! :heckyeah: :shifty:

Missing: Stella, cdo, FTB

21/24

Deadline ~ 4 hours

0dc0ff41bb6cb23651751535711d8846--chef-quotes-baking-quotes.jpg

"done traveling friday" =/= "i will be traveling all day friday even though my flight isnt until 5:45 pm and will be sparse"
obviously i'm not the only one who didn't know or remember you were traveling since trilt questioned it and (i believe) johnnaboo and bryndia both liked my post saying "why should we all know you're in LA"

you know this already crayons, real life doesn't matter in ww. wolves can be just as busy as villagers. it still isn't going to give you a free pass. i'm not saying that i'm going to vote for you because you weren't around a lot today because you're apparently traveling, but i am saying that assuming everyone knows you are in la and should give you a free pass today is bull.
NvDrm.gif

unlynch KL

lynch VMH

I like this more while hydrated. may re-read and disagree pending.

since you're new, real life does not matter in ww. wolves can be just as busy as villagers. no one is going to accept being busy irl as an excuse :)
this goes for you tooooooooooooo :kiss:

D1 Keep Calm and Bake On Lynch Tally

VA (1) - capri
Paws () -
Mixy (3) - lawp, KL, pippy
finn (2) - paws, VA
Kski (1) - cray
nohika (3) - am, lis, mel
KL (1) - boo
vmh (3) - allie, bryndy, trilt
mel (3) - nohika, kski, finn
lawp (2) - Mixy, sky
allie (1) - snowy
sky (1) - vmh

:shifty: :heckyeah: A four-way tie! :heckyeah: :shifty:

Missing: @Stella Mudd, @cdoconn, @fromthebox

21/24

Deadline Midnight EST Today/tonight (~4 hours)

0dc0ff41bb6cb23651751535711d8846--chef-quotes-baking-quotes.jpg

Hey @Animal Midwife. you're strangely quiet. You're channeling the you that I got lynched as a wolf a time or two. What are your insights so far?

I really want to hear more from nokia today. I thought she'd react more to being in the lead most of the day.

Meant to respond to this earlier --

I disagree because I am always leery of people answering easy questions on thread like that. It always feels too much like people trying to generate goodwill by being overly helpful.
You maybe contributed more than any other manator in the beginning of the noob game, but suddenly answering noob questions is overly helpful? Why? Because people aren't posting in emojis anymore?

There is not as high of a percentage of "freshly minted noobs" playing this game as others have suggested (we do have a fair few, but we have a good number of experienced players, some noobs who have played several games, and a handful of noobs who are playing their first game ever outside of the noob game)
Ok, I will concede here that 50% was an exaggeration to make a point. We have 9 people on this roster who I consider to be fresh noob meat. Still a lot.

I am not trying to remove "helpful" people from village or discourage people from asking or answering questions on thread, I am pointing out something I found odd that I have frequently seen wolves do in other games. Just like answering a question isn't inherently wolfy (but can be), questioning the answers given to questions is also not inherently wolfy (but can be).
And the first part of this contradicts the last part. Either you think it's wolfy-odd and so you're calling it out, or you think it is not diagnostic. If you want to decide it's wolfy, then be my guest, but this is kind of trying to have your cake & eat it too.

I really want to hear more from nokia today. I thought she'd react more to being in the lead most of the day.
Mmmm but an easy lynch target due to her... nonchalance in general.

Any other feels? I personally feel you've been much more delightfully aggressive than this the last couple games and this is very g o with the flow for you.

@cdoconn Stop playing with your hamster and can we get some more content from you?

ETA: Yes I know what I said.

@kaydubs gave me a heads up I'm being summoned. I'm at the end of a long crappy month and am suffering for it. Plus I've long gotten lynched for reacting 'too defensively'. There's literally nothing I can say in my defense besides 'I'm a villager, cross my heart and hope to die.'

Heading home from the dog park. Will be back before the deadline.

@kaydubs gave me a heads up I'm being summoned. I'm at the end of a long crappy month and am suffering for it. Plus I've long gotten lynched for reacting 'too defensively'. There's literally nothing I can say in my defense besides 'I'm a villager, cross my heart and hope to die.'

Heading home from the dog park. Will be back before the deadline.
that is a painfully **** defense and you should know it

@cdoconn Stop playing with your hamster and can we get some more content from you?

ETA: Yes I know what I said.
sorry! Apple is very demanding. And he’s adorable af.

@Crayola227 your posts are really making me frustrated. Especially with the almost proclamation that everyone should know where you are/ why it’s important.

@VicariousAsparagus why are you speaking in confusing tongues??

I think you're just salty I'm going for the hydra

Mmmm but an easy lynch target due to her... nonchalance in general.

Any other feels? I personally feel you've been much more delightfully aggressive than this the last couple games and this is very g o with the flow for you.

Skye - would like to see some more content from her. never a fan of more IRL posts than strategy

VA - have trouble reading noobs but it seems he has a posting restriction. will monitor posts tomorrow

FTB - I'm not sure why she hasn't checked in yet, but it's rubbing me the wrong way.

I think you're just salty I'm going for the hydra
nope, im salty because you think people should just KNOW where The Great Crayola is at all times. We don't. I certainly don't care that much to go find your whereabouts somewhere else on sdn, certainly not on a completely different FORUM.

It does make me feel better to be questioned by someone's who hydrated. WW isn't complete without it.

Skye - would like to see some more content from her. never a fan of more IRL posts than strategy

VA - have trouble reading noobs but it seems he has a posting restriction. will monitor posts tomorrow

FTB - I'm not sure why she hasn't checked in yet, but it's rubbing me the wrong way.
It's D1. According to VMH, I post too much. You say I don't post enough in a way.

Crayola is for hydras (guessing that means ties). All I have to say today is I don't think ties are going to do us any good. We lose too many villagers that way this early on.